Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4205
    Imperial Credits : 17903
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 8/19/2022, 3:18 pm

Wed. watched the sub of ep. 6 of El Cazador de la Bruja, a flame from Nadie's pass comes back to haunt her.

Th. watched the dub of ep. 10 of Love Hina, Su goes through a strange transformation.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 8/22/2022, 3:16 pm

Friday ep. 7 of Angelic Layer, Misaki acts overly timid after loosing to Hatoko fearing that she may cause Hikaru more serious damage but is able to recover in time to win.

Saturday ep. 4 of Pretear, the Princess of Disaster plants a Demon Larva Seed in Himeno's beloved mother's plants.

Sunday ep. 7 & 8 of Shrine of the Morning Mist, the Priestess Club get their weapons and powers in time to save Yuzu; the Enemy attacks the shrine and Koma makes her official appearance.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/24/2022, 12:43 pm

Monday no anime instead watched an episode of Robin of Sherwood, anime is fun and all that but sometimes you need to get back to your own roots.

Tuesday ep, 10 of School Live, Kurumi gets infected and the fate of Megumi is revealed.

Ummm....some obvious questions here: 1) Why didn't the girls pick up medical supplies from the nurses office?
    2) How come nobody thought of cutting off the flow of blood in Kurumi's arm with a tourniqet?
    3) Amputation anyone? I mean wouldn't that be the obvious course of action before the infection spread further?
    Yeah, yeah.... I know nobody has any medical expierence and you don't expect a normal teen girl to be able to cut off her friend's arm....
    4) would cauterizing the arm work?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/26/2022, 3:23 pm

El Cazador de la Bruja ep. 7 on Wednesday night centered around Ricardo going after L.A. meanwhile Nadie and Ellis meet and look after Lirio in the hotel Ricardo has left her in.

Love Hina ep. 11 on Thursday night, Naru becomes a pop star but her stardom is brief after a paparazzi takes a pic of her punching out Keitaro.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/29/2022, 12:39 pm

Friday ep. 8 of Angelic Layer Misaki vs Misaki as Misaki is challenged to an Angelic Layer battle by an arrogant boy classmate also named Misaki.

Saturday ep. 8 of Pretear, Himeno has to deal with the lost of her pretear powers and makes an unexpected connection with Mawata.

Sunday ep. 9 & 10 of Shrine of the Morning Mist, the battle for the shrine concludes and then the girls decide to have a retreat.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/31/2022, 12:44 pm

Monday re-watched ep. 8 of Haruka Nogizawa's Secret, Mika and Minami plot to use Yuuta as a guinea pig for Mika's date "research".

Tuesday ep. 11 of School Live, as the series nears the end the danger becomes deadlier as the Zombies penetrate the blockade and Yuri, Miki and Yuki are each faced with a terrible decision.

Comment: In the live action movie it's a male Zombie who starts the fire that kills all the Zombies when he plays around with a lighter and inadvertenly sets himself on fire; in the anime it's a lightning strike on the roof that sets only the Zombies near the garden on fire.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/2/2022, 12:47 pm

Wed. ep. 8 of El Cazador de la Bruja After Ellis is seen healing Nadie of a wound at a local hospital a Mafia soldier takes her to the residence of the local Don to see if she can heal him.

thought: that jingle Nadie makes up to get into the Don's mansion gets stuck in your head:
    "Taco..taco...taco..."

Th. ep. 12 of Love Hina Mokoto feels weakened when she discovers her feminine side.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/5/2022, 3:13 pm

Friday watched ep. 9 of Angelic Layer, Misaki vs. Ringo in the elimination round.

Saturday sp. 9 of Pretear, a shock revelation as to the identity of The Princess of Disaster and a betrayal.

Sunday ep.11 & 12 of Shrine of the Morning Mist, The Priestess Club's Summer Retreat.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/7/2022, 12:33 pm

Monday re-watched ep. 4 of Moribito, as Tanda takes care of a wounded Balsa, Toriagai recieves important information concerning Chagum.

This is one of the most beautifully produced epic fantasy anime of all time.

Tuesday watched ep. 12 the finale of School Live,Yuki makes a bold move in telling the Zombies it's time to go home and they surprisingly obey her, later the girls have their graduation ceremony.

Also ordered parts 1 and 2 of Girl Und Panzer: Das Finale, I'll order part 3 later.

Good News: Discoteck has brought back S 2 of Cat's Eye and will release it in Nov. I wonder why they weren't able to get S 1?

Also the release of Sentai's complete set of Yuki Yunna Is A Hero is coming out itwo weeks from next Tuesday.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/9/2022, 2:37 pm

Wed. ep. 9 of El Cazador de la Bruja , Nadie and Ellis meet Iris, a girl excavating a mine looking for a legendary religious relic called "The Silver Cross".

Th. ep. 14 of Rinne, ghostly fun at the amusement park.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/12/2022, 1:28 pm

Friday ep. 10 of Angelic Layer Hikaru sabotaged!

Saturday ep. 10 of Pretear to show his loyalty to the Princess of Darkness Sasame duels Hayate to the death.

Sunday ep, 13 & 14 of Shrine of the Morning Mist a ghost story comes to life and then the Priestesses of the Twilight are introduced.

Comment: Kukuri has to be one of the all time cutest villainesses.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/14/2022, 12:35 pm

Monday watched ep. 7 of El Hazard, The Alternative World, Forta arrested by Lady Gilda.

Tuesday started what I have of .hack//sign with ep. 11, Bear, Mimiru and Tsukasa enter a game sponsored by the Company.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/16/2022, 12:39 pm

Wed. ep. 10 of El Cazador de la Bruja, Nadie and Ellis meet a former hitman who fell in love with his last target....ummm....where have we seen this before....initials Cowboy Bebop.

Th. ep. 15 of Rinne, Ageha gives Rinne a lunch in a lunchbox that will grant wishes not knowing it's haunted by an Evil Spirit.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/19/2022, 3:23 pm

Friday ep. 11 of Angelic Layer Madoka and her sister Arisu find out that, as Gilligan would say,
    "Cheaters never prosper!"

Saturday ep. 11 of Pretear Himeno's family is attacked by Takako and sasame.

Sunday ep. 15 & 16 of Shrine of the Morning Mist The Priestess Club goes up against The Twilight
    Priestesses in a mall and Seiko gets a fan club ( as Midoh mentioned at the end of ep.16, they should've realized the letters were from girls since they appeared in Seiko's gym locker....)
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/21/2022, 12:42 pm

Monday re-watched the sub of Madlax ep. 22. Vanessa's death.

Tuesday re-watched the sub of .hack//sign ep. 12. Bear learns the truth about Tsukasa.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/23/2022, 3:23 pm

Wed. ep. 11 of El Cazador de la Bruja, Nadi and Ellis meet a fake psychic who has one real power, the power to read people's memories and she accidentally uses it to read Ellis'.

Th. ep. 16 of Rinne, an old cedar tree at Sakura and Tsubasa's old elementary school is haunted by the spirit of a dead classmate.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/26/2022, 3:01 pm

Friday ep. 12 of Angelic Layer, before the semi-finals start Misaki and Kotaro have an unofficial
    "date" .

Saturday ep. 12 of Pretear, with the rest of her family fighting hard to free Mawata, Himeno goes to confront Takako.

Sunday ep. 17 & 18 of Shrine of the Morning Mist, Midoh has to learn to have more confidence in herself and Koma's backstory is finally shown.

I've decided when I make my next order in a couple more weeks I will order the High School of the Dead OVA to go along with part 3 of Girls Und Panzer, Das Finale to see how I like the former. If I like it I will order the series.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/28/2022, 12:41 pm

Monday re-watched ep. 5 of Omamori Himari raw: After his powers manifest themselves Yuuta vows to learn how to use them properly in order to protect Himari from her fate.

Comment: Yeah, the ecchi is really strong in this episode. Also Lizlet's pretty strong for an English tea cup!

Tuesday ep. 13 of .hack//sign: Bear, Subaru and BT decide to look for the legendary Eye of Twilight separately.

Also Bear discloses his opinion to Mimiru that Tsukasa is probably a girl in real life.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/30/2022, 12:49 pm

Wed. ep. 12 of El Cazador de la Bruja: Ortega, a cowardly gun nut, breifly joins the girls in their quest and helps ( a bit) when they come under attack.

Th. ep. 17 of Rinne: Masato uses Tsubusa's jealousy to indirectly curse Rinne.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/3/2022, 2:07 pm

Friday ep. 13 of Angelic Layer: Blanch vs. Hikaru part 1: Misaki gets distracted when told her mother would be in attendance at her semi-final match.

Saturday ep. 13 the finale of Pretear.

Sunday ep. 19 & 20 of Shrine of the Morning Mist: Chika has to be tutored in Japanese Classics by Kurako and then Kukuri and Saibara share an enthusiasm for the paranormal.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/5/2022, 12:46 pm

Monday watched ep. 7 of Pilot Candidate subbed: As the candidates compete in war games the
    Ingrids continue their battle with Victim and Zero accidentally learns something about Kinza's past.

Tuesday ep. 14 of .hack//sign: BT and Bear's groups arrive at the location where the Twilight Bracelet is supposed to be located and discover who sent them the cryptic messages.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19008
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 10/6/2022, 11:39 am

Alright. a bit of a mixed bag here.

I just saw Netflix has released a remake of Bastard with 24 eps. Very Happy The art looks classic and close to the better movie quality. The show has finished recently so you can binge watch it.

Muv Luv Alternative has continued. This is the original story. The anime doesn't seem to "look" that better than the Total Eclipse side story but it closer to classic anime.

Mobile Suit Gundam-The Witch from Mercury
    The newest actual Gundam show aside from the bunch of kiddy/modelkit shows.
    This time it's a female lead. But I feel it's leaning more toward to the Age show but for girls rather than for young kids.
    Dunno what to think about it yet.

Spy x Family
    was the best recommended in recent memory. It's close to the manga, too, but better for some sub stories.

Because of the lack of good shows I've been looking up more shojo shows than used to be and I kind of like at least the atmosphere.
    Leadale no Daichi nite, belongs to the funnier group, good for passing time only.

Aside from anime a lot of new Star Trek shows have been released recently, also Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power. Sadly I hadn'T watched them all due to time and Star Trek being disappointing wasn't much of a motivation either. Also saw there's Game of thrones-House of Dragons.
    From what I see LotR-RoP and GoT-HoD are heavily based on the original. GoT-HoD looks like a lot of a copy of same characters but in different arrangements. I like LotR-RoP much better even I don't quite agree on everything. I'm fine with the racism between humans and Elves. It doesn't have the subconcious/promotional racism (yet) that the reimaged Battlestar Galactica had.
    Anyhow I dunno whenever I'll be able to binge watch them all... *sighs*
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/7/2022, 2:14 pm

Wed. watched ep. 13 of El Cazador de la Bruja, Ellis and Nadie get separated in a ghost town while being hunted and each learn something new that they are unwilling to tell the other.

L.A.'s getting obsessively stalky with Ellis. Also Nadie learns that Ellis is a product of genetic engineering.

Th. ep. 18 of Rinne, Kain and his grudge against Rinne introduced.

Sent in to Rightstuf for my order of pt. 3 of GUP,Das Finale and the High School of the Dead OVA.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/10/2022, 1:03 pm

Friday ep. 14 of Angelic Layer: as the battle between Blanch and Hikaru heads toward the conclusion the origins of Angelic Layer are finally revealed.

Saturday ep. 9 of Bleach ( I only have eps. 9-12): Ichigo discovers that the Hollow he's battling in the graveyard is the same one who killed his mother six years ago.

Sunday ep.21 & 22 of Shrine of the Morning Mist: as the conclusion nears most of Japan is hidden in mystic fog while Yuzu is finally captured by Yagerna to act as his avatat.

Comment: the Priestess Club members are clearly shocked to learn that Kukuri is one of the Twilight Priestesses.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/12/2022, 12:40 pm

Monday watched the raw of ep. 5 of His and Hers Circumstances: the school sports festival; Asaba vs. Yukino; Yukino and Arima's first date (Asaba winds up being the third wheel).

Tuesday the dub of ep. 1 of Gunslinger Girl: a failed mission causes Jose to remember back to his first meeting with Henrietta.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 3:40 pm