Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4213
    Imperial Credits : 17925
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 23 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 4/23/2014, 1:36 pm

Dragon Half also arrived with Sailor Moon Short StoriesVery Happy 
    Another Discotek title.

Saw episode 2 of Diebuster yesterday.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 23 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 4/25/2014, 3:26 pm

Wed. episode 11 of PGSM,ah! this is the one where Mercury and Mars get hypnotized into fighting
    Jupiter and Moon and then Jupiter gets hypnotized,I thought it was the one after the kerfuffle between Venus and Mars at the Catholic mission.Mis-remembered then.Usagi and Makoto acting all
    fan girly around Minako was fun to see. Laughing Very Happy 
    Though she was worried they might be there because they figured she was really Sailor V.And Artemis
    was heard but not seen.Got a deep voice for a kitty cat! Laughing 

Th.The finale of Rosario X Vampire Capu 2.Tsukune's determination to get the Rosario showed
    even after being beaten continually back by Moka's father.Also interesting how Mizore and Kurumu's moms tried to block him from getting it,nice to see the girls run interference not just because they
    each love Tsukune but also because Moka's their friend too.And then Yukari's parents helping out.
    I loved the "Itadakimasu!" Outer Moka says just before biting into Tsukune again(poor girl must been hungry after being vanished! Laughing )
    And the epilog after the credits and EP was fun,especially all the characters dancing and then when
    Kokoa gets the Lilith Mirror again and splits Moka in two so the end shows all the gang including
    Both Mokas! Cool 

Next Thursday change of pace as I start Pumpkin Scissors
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19022
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 4/27/2014, 2:07 pm

Seikoku no Dragonar ep.3
    The show finally shows its color. So some weird antagonist unleashes an undead dragon because peace is too boring. And then our loli protagonist dragon-human-female gets attacked by...tentacles! Bouncy council president holds the line so our protagonist dragon rider can show off his japanese superhero costume a la Casshern.
    I'm writing this show of from worth watching. The preview of the next episode shows a new super gal joining the protagonist harem.

Mahouka from the manga Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei/Yuutousei is airing now.
    This is a story about a sibling pair attending a school for the magic-gifted.
    It's one of the better series of this genre in "recent" times so I'm definitely following it for a while. Cast/character setup in a way it's superficial similar to Code Geass.

Today's continuum episode might be interesting as it will consolidate the "evil" and "good" Alec Sadler. Looks like a long series but who knows it might get canceled out of nowhere.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/28/2014, 1:47 pm

Friday saw episode 6 of Cutie Honeythis time it takes place in a
    amusement park.Lot of hacking off of heads by Honey.In a couple of scenes she resorts to walking on the ceiling which was fun,reverse
    gravity! Laughing 
    Totally fun series. cheers 

Saturday finished off of what I have of the original Gundam
    now with episode 14 'Time Be Still'. I always love the ending when
    the Zeon soldiers drive up to chat with Amuro because they admired the
    way he handled taking off the bombs they planted on Gundam.

Sunday Silent Mobius episode 14:'Mobius Klein'. This provides the series backstory.Changed my mind about Katsumi when she's under the control of Demon Sword Medium.I think now instead of turning evil she was just trying to hide her suffering and loss after Roy was killed by Genossa.
    I don't know it was that or meeting her mother in the past that caused
    the tears they show on her face.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/30/2014, 1:35 pm

Monday I re-watched episode 26 of MadlaxCool 
    I also watched the music video for 'I'm Here' the main insert song.Next time I watch vol.7 I plan on watching the Eleonore Memorial Video.

Tuesday episode 3 of Diebuster.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 5/1/2014, 1:21 pm

Mahouka ep. 1-2
    Like Nisekoi it's made a great transformation from manga to anime. It's nearly the same story wise but with the advantages of animation. It still lack on the explanatory side for westerners. It's not a problem for me but I doubt most will catch on or understand parts of. Lots of reference "names" etc.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/2/2014, 2:32 pm

Wednesday:PGSMepisode 12.Loved the FX when Minako transforms from Sailor V into Sailor
    Venus at the end.Still pretending to be the Princess. Very Happy Cool 
    The set up for the fansub is a bit infuriating to say the least as I had to try several times before I finally
    got the menu right.Kept hitting 'Play' instead of 'Episode'.

Thursday:Pumpkin Scissorsepisode 1.This is going to be a fun one,plenty of humor and action.
    Plus I just looked up the filmography of the seiyuu who played Lt.Alice Malvin,interesting looks like she's the new Sailor Venus.She also played Iori in I"s Pureand Amanda Werner in
    BlassrieterCool 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/5/2014, 1:44 pm

Friday: Cutie Honey episode 7.And so we go from the amusement park of the previous episode to a circus.Honey's clothes get torn a couple of times and get to see her bare butt.The second time she's in a cage with some lions.Great sword fight on the tightrope. Cool 

Saturday: Sakura Wars episode 1 'Sakrua Arrives In The City.
    Fun. Cool 
    She really manages to piss Sumire off twice,once when she stumbles into
    the backstage and causes a catastrophe and the other time when she tries to apologize and accidentally trips up wires to the lights during Sumire's
    interview.

Sunday: Silent Mobius episode 15 'Lum Cheng' and so the AMP
    is finally complete with our favorite Chinese brat. Laughing 
    I always love the part when Katsumi volunteers to take Lum Cheng under her wing much to Lebia's surprise.That conversation on the swings was interesting especially since the firecrackers make it hard for
    Katsumi hear that the name of the guy Lum Cheng has fallen for is Roy.
    The most  Laughing  was when Lum Cheng throws Kiddy.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 5/6/2014, 1:26 pm

Blade and Soul ep.5
    Alka works for a (crazed goody-goody) guy who tries to right the world by force (if necessary). This calls up the Inn lady who quickly resolves the situation.
    She finally shows her (fighting) skillz. From the beginning it was obvious she's no common woman. She showed too much foreknowledge not to mention she's the only one who got a computer animated dance scene a la certain japanese playstation 2 games (DOA Beach Volleyball, Rumble Roses),
    It's confirmed that it's the anime version of the korean RPG online game of the same name.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/7/2014, 1:33 pm

Monday: Moribito episode 7,the two scenes I love the most are when they're at the tavern and
    the Big Man(tm) is boasting of all he beat Balsa in battle and she goes to talk to him and you can tell
    she likes the guy as she keeps asking all these questions she knows aren't true,but she's not mad at him.In fact she's having a good ol' time listening to his tale.
    The other one is when she shows Chagnum the workings of the water mill. Cool

Tuesday: Diebuster episode 4. Lal'c and Nono are definitely a great twosome. Very Happy 
    I love the way Nono goes all berserk when Lal'c's in trouble.Also when she gets sent away Lal'c
    was pretty depressed.Though OTOH Nono retained her usual optimistic nature.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/9/2014, 3:27 pm

Part 1 of Inuyasha:The Final Act arrived in the mail yesterday and I just set off for part two plus
    Sailor Moon pin set featuring two of my favorite Senshis:Mercury and Venus. Very Happy Cool 

Next month I plan on ordering part 1 of Madoka.

Wed.:PGSM Act 13,this is the one where Kunzite makes his appearance.He first is seen as
    a young man named Shin who is afraid of leaving the abandoned house Usagi and Mamoru find him in.
    This is the one that ends with Sailor Moon getting possessed by the youma hair.Yet again another
    teaser for the upcoming Dark Mercury Arch.

Th.:Pumpkin Scissors episode 2 'The War Relief Unit'.This one was about an aristocrat whose
    pasttime is hunting down selected victims with his tank like animals.He also has the required anime
    maid squad except that Alice is able to talk them into switching sides because of the way he treats
    them.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 5/10/2014, 7:04 am

I haven't watched all of Pumpkin Scissors but that one ep reminded me of this paper:
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/ahri/centres/menzies/research/Publications/Workingpapers/WP65PaulTurnbull.pdf

Mahouka ep.5
    The weeds (2nd class students) rebel against the student council and demand equality with the blooms (1st class). This is a plot setup by a common people terrorist group.
    It's been a while since I've read the manga but the anime seems to progress at a fast pace here. AFAIK it took several volumes to get here.

Nisekoi ep17
    The relationship charm! can be used as a proposal in past times!  Oh the situation! Laughing  On the other side Nisekoi progresses exactly like the manga. At this rate it's probably going to be 2 or 3 or even 4 seasons. There should be some pause between 2 and 3 if they are going to make it a long series.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/12/2014, 1:50 pm

Friday:Cutie Honeyepisode 9.This one was set at sea.The Panther Claw had the avaibility of an octopus.The fun part was when she uses her
    Ink to draw Honey off and Honey had to use her sword to cut through the cloud that was caused by it. Cool 
    Totally fun series.

Saturday:Sakura Warsepisode 2,'The City You Should Protect.
    Basically the fall out of Sakura accidentally discovering the koubous and
    inadvertantlly destroying them.Sumire still pissed so Sakura runs off.

Sunday:Silent Mobius episode 16,'Labrinyth this is the episode that really got me into anime.This was a great Yuki story,even better in the original Japanese.One of my favorite scenes is poor Yuki trying to get money out of the ATM machine and it keeps rejecting her
    card. Laughing 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/14/2014, 1:56 pm

Monday episode 1 of Kare Kano.Love it when they show Yukino talking and then show what she's really thinking.

Tuesday episode 5 of Diebuster.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/16/2014, 1:56 pm

Wednesday Act 14 of PGSM. I loved Ami's literal running transformation into Sailor Mercury when she goes after Usagi,though I think for someone with an IQ of 300 she reacted a bit rashly; I mean she should have at least informed the others what she was up to instead of going off and facing Kunzite by herself.
    This is also the first time she creates a Ice Sword.Overall pretty cool. Cool Cool Cool Cool 

I also loved the scene where Usagi wakes up and yawns after Kunzite
    tries to transform her into a Youma. Laughing 
    Favorite line: " I could hear Ami calling to me."

Thursday episode 3 'That Which Is Most Precious' of Pumpkin Scissors. The contrast between Oland waking under the bridge and
    Alice in her room was interesting way of further showing the difference between the two.
    The majority of the episode was about the squad having to deal with
    a group of striking miners.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 5/17/2014, 5:46 am

Blade and Soul ep.6
    Well, another rebel & backstabbing plot this time against the evil group (flower pristess) themselves.
    Looks like the series is running out of stories and may end soon.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/19/2014, 2:02 pm

Cutie Honey episode 9 on Friday.This time around Panther Claw
    kidnaps the school headmistress and teacher/Honey obssessed stalker and she has to
    rescue them.

Sakura Wars episode 3 'Sakura's Stage Debut on Saturday.
    Sakura has to go through intensive training to become an actress.

Silent Mobius episode 17'[i]Destiny[i]' on Sunday.The one where
    Kiddy is accused of murder she didn't commit but she blacked out so has no alibi.

And now the news that you probably already know about,but it's been announced that VIZ will license all five of the original anime seasons of Sailor Moon,including the hither unlicensed Stars starting some time this Fall.
    The license includes the original series plus the movies and specials. Cool Very Happy 

This of course makes for an interesting dilemma of which version to get:
    the original uncut version that VIZ is coming out with or wait for the
    newer version to come out on DVD/BD.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/21/2014, 1:51 pm

Ok, it's this Summer not Fall when Sailor Moon is supposed to come out no doubt to coincide with the release of Sailor Moon Crystal.
    I also wonder if I should get both though I don't have the space
    for the all of it since there are a lot of other titles I want to add before
    all is said and done.
    I only wish that VIZ had gotten the rights to PGSM as well as that would've made things even  Cool Cool Cool Cool .
    But as it is I plan on getting the movies,specials and Stars along with Crystal and/or the original first season.Then it's really wheter
    I should get R,S or SuperS.Since I already have
    SuperS I could get that and finish it off but S features the Outers and I need my Michiru and Setsuna addiction fed as much as my
    Ami and Rei! Laughing 
    Any way yeah I know it'll be awhile still so time to think things through.

As far as this week goes thus far:
    Monday saw episodes 17 and 18 of Asagiri no Miko/Shrine of the
    Morning Mist
    .Episode 17:'Shizuka's Challenge' featured the quiet
    introverted rich girl member of the Miko Club and her rivalry with one of the Dark Priestesses.Episode 18:'Koma's Story' was the background to
    the Guardian Cat Spirit of the Shrine.
    And of course another great job by Horie Yui as Koma! cheers cheers 

Tuesday episode 6 of Diebuster.Way  Cool Cool Cool Cool , even more so than Gurren Lagann.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/23/2014, 2:00 pm

Wed. Act 15 of PGSM in this one Usagi teams up with Mamoru to catch the jewel thief who had
    robbed Minako,she almost gives the game away when she says:"Let's transform!" and Mamoru(who knowsshe's Sailor Moon but she doesn't know he knowsyet has this expression on his
    face: Surprised . Laughing 
    In the B storyline Ami,Rei and Makoto go investigate a place where people have disappeared.
    (and yeah...another disc where the last episode was all f-ed up toward the end.Still don't understand why all the other epiosdes on the discs play well but the last ones are all so f-ed up like that.)

Th. episode 4 'The Cracked Portrait of Pumpkin Scissors really good surreal start to it with
    Olan having a nightmare that only is brightened at the end by the appearance of Alice.This one goes
    a bit into the Super Soldier Program that produced him.It also introduces the code name of the
    subjects:The Invicible Nine.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/26/2014, 3:30 pm

Cutie Honey episode 10 on Friday.This one had a Panther Claw
    that had the ability to make illusions and she creates a haunted castle.
    Honey rocks out on an electric guitar to defeat her. Cool 

On Saturday saw episode 4 of Sakura Wars the introduction of Ichiro as the new field commander of the Flower Troop.Also this is the one where Sakura takes Iris out on a day in town.Overall I think Sakura would make a great mother or kindergarten teacher as she shows real rapport
    with Iris.

Sunday episode 18 'Domull' of Silent Mobius.For once the main character was Roy and not one of the AMP.The story focused on
    his inability to kill a friend who was infected with a virus that turns people into Lucifer Hawks and then switches to Katsumi asking him to promise kill her if the same happened to her.At first he can't but then
    later on after the incident with the girl he was taking care of he changes his mind.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/28/2014, 1:38 pm

Part 2 of Inuyasha:The Final Act along with the Sailor Mercury and
    Sailor Venus pins as been confirmed by Rightstuf,so I should get them soon.

Monday watched episode 5 of Rahxephon Very Happy .
    Knowing what Qoun's actual relationship with Ayato now makes those scenes where they're together a bit weird now. Laughing 
    I always love the scene where Megumi and Ayato are having a drink and
    she has to tell him how to do it right because he's never seen anything like it before.And Hikaru and the kitty.... I love you 

Tuesday the first Death Note Movie. So basically Light had to kill
    Shiori to convince his father to let him into the Kira Investigation Team because her death meant that he wanted to join to get revenge on
    'Kira'. At the same time he had to kill Naomi because she had seen his face and he couldn't allow her to live as she was the only eyewitness who could identify him.
    Also finally realized that L caught on to the whole chips bag trick when
    he was watching the surveillance tapes of Light.
    Note how all the other members of the team are concentrated on Light's
    pretence to study whereas L focuses on the bag of potato chips,which
    he finds a bit odd.That explains why at the end L's holding the bag of
    Consomme Potato Chips since it's a sign to Light that he knows he's
    Kira...and so on to movie 2:The Last Name next week. Cool 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/31/2014, 1:01 pm

Got part two of Inuyasha:The Final Act along with my Sailor Venus and Sailor Mercury pins
    yesterday in the mail.So happy. Very Happy Cool 
    And now next order shall be Madoka part 1 and Jupiter plushie(because it's the only SM
    one avaible right now.

And speaking of Sailor Moon:Wednesday re-watched Act 16 of PGSM.This one is where
    Ami and Naru reconciles their differences.It also showed how stubborn Ami can be at times.There's a scene in it where Mars,Moon and Mercury are trying to break through a barrier to get to where Naru and others abducted by a Youma are and they keep failing,but Mercury keeps on trying because
    she blames herself for Naru's capture.Eventually Moon runs off to get Jupiter who is suffering from
    a bad cold and together all four of them are able to break through.While the others take care of the
    abductees Mercury finishes off the Youma.Later Usagi decides to give the treats they made in cooking
    class to Mamoru but discovers he already has a girlfriend!

Thursday Pumpkin Scissors episode 5,Alice has very little to do in this one and it's centered
    around Olan recovering in hospital.There's a ditzy nurse's aid for comedy relief and a plot involving
    an embezzler in the same hospital room as Olan.In the end Olan saves his life as he threatens to jump off the hospital roof and then instead Olan ends up nearly following to his death but
    everyone including Alice pinches in to save him.

Friday Cutie Honey episode 11.This is one of Honey's toughest opponents to date as it involves a Panther Claw who is capable of turning invisible at will.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/1/2014, 7:35 pm

Surprised Pins!  Laughing 

Mahouka ep.9
    The nine schools contest are about to begin. Named after the nine/ten leading families etc.
    Well, despite moving the story at a fast pace the show manages to make it all appear "normal" without seemingly missing anything. So far it's well made and true to the manga. *thumbs up*
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/2/2014, 1:36 pm

Saturday:Sakura Warsepisode 5.This is the first episode where we see the actual face or one of them of the Enemy.It also shows that the Flower Troop still has a long ways to go before they're an actual effective fighting unit as the entire squad breaks down in discipine.
    Next up Ri Kohran arrives! Very Happy 

Sunday:Silent Mobiusepisode 19 getting into the real nitty gritty of the story now and only
    7 more episodes left.This is the one where Katsumi goes off on her own and then Lum Cheng shows
    up and they wind up at a resort where they're both surprised to see everyone else has got there
    ahead of them.
    But then after that brief respite things get serious again:Roy proposes to Katsumi but Genossa interrupts and then he decides to torture her and Roy has to fight a Lucifer Hawk while all this is going on.Of course once again Ganossa miscalculates and it only ends up making Katsumi love
    Roy more;all this of course will lead to Ganossa's murder of Roy as the final resort to forcing
    Katsumi to join his side.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/4/2014, 1:33 pm

Monday watched Curicculum 02 of Candidate For Goddess/Pilot Candidate.

Tuesday saw Death Note 2:The Last Name. Since it was made before the manga was finished or the anime aired I wonder if the ending where L switches the real Death Note around with a fake may have at least influenced the ending in the manga and anime where it's Near that does the same thing.
    Ryuk has the best one liners:
    " I'm back baby!" (to Misa after she digs up Light's Death Note)

"You're no fun!" (to L after he announces he will burn both Death Notes)

"Who said I was your ally?"( to Light after revealing he's wrttien his name in his own Death Note)

One of the big differences is that Misa doesn't commit suicide at the end the way it's suggested she does in the anime or manga( at the end of the anime she's shown standing on the edge of a building's
    roof about to take the leap) instead her memories of the Death Note are now gone and she's a bit
    melancholic about Light's death.

I think I would give both movies overall an A. Great fun. Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/16/2024, 5:10 pm