Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

4 posters

How did you feel when you finished the anime series?

Poll

Feelings(simple)

[ 0 ]
    How did you feel when you finished the anime series? I_vote_lcap0%How did you feel when you finished the anime series? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    How did you feel when you finished the anime series? I_vote_lcap50%How did you feel when you finished the anime series? I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    How did you feel when you finished the anime series? I_vote_lcap50%How did you feel when you finished the anime series? I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    How did you feel when you finished the anime series? I_vote_lcap0%How did you feel when you finished the anime series? I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Verethragna
    Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Number of posts : 27
    Imperial Credits : 6601
    Registration date : 2015-07-02

How did you feel when you finished the anime series? Empty How did you feel when you finished the anime series?

Post by Verethragna 7/2/2015, 12:49 pm

As the Title suggests i just finished the series and was browsing the web and found the Abh Nation website which honestly brought me some feelings of sadness to hear that a website that had lasted so long has died and left to the stars ;(.

Beyond that not many series have given me the gift and curse of enjoyment why a curse? because when you eventually finish the series its saddening a lot of the time. as it was this time i genuinely enjoyed this unique experience in the syfy genre of anime.

Now on to another thing does the novel continue where the anime ended on "Banner of the stars III."? I sincerely hope so Smile What did you feel like when the anime ended? Sad
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

How did you feel when you finished the anime series? Empty Re: How did you feel when you finished the anime series?

Post by Almael 7/2/2015, 5:00 pm

Welcome Verethragna!

Both ways! Wink
    On one hand Jinto & Lafiel pretty much have pledged to be together.
    On the other hand the fact that the makers gave the series a kind of closure.

But since there is Seikai no Senki IV and Seikai no Senki V
    and more to come. There's is hope we will see an animation again.

The fan base outside Japan may have lost its momentum and many have wandered off to other shores. But what matters is that in Japan the community is very much lively. I just hope our japanese brethren will give enough reason to restart the series.

The fight continues!

Do you want to know more?
    Verethragna
    Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

How did you feel when you finished the anime series? Empty Re: How did you feel when you finished the anime series?

Post by Verethragna 7/3/2015, 11:31 am

Almael wrote:Welcome Verethragna!

Both ways! Wink
    On one hand Jinto & Lafiel pretty much have pledged to be together.
    On the other hand the fact that the makers gave the series a kind of closure.

But since there is Seikai no Senki IV and Seikai no Senki V
    and more to come. There's is hope we will see an animation again.

The fan base outside Japan may have lost its momentum and many have wandered off to other shores. But what matters is that in Japan the community is very much lively. I just hope our japanese brethren will give enough reason to restart the series.

The fight continues!

Do you want to know more?

Glad to hear the opnion of someone else it would seem googling around may have found me a great little community to share with Smile , Smile now ill start the novel knowing me ill end up blowing thruogh it and being sad hears hoping i can make the savory adventure last! Very Happy
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/3/2015, 1:17 pm

You're welcome.
    We are always happy to have new members.
    It's a bit sad that due to recent crisis one of our active member can only come back from time to time.

You can find SNS4 at bakatsuki. SNS5 will be there soonish (in 2 monhts?), too.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4193
    Imperial Credits : 17865
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 7/6/2015, 1:34 pm

Yes welcome.

AFAIG: I've only seen as far as the ending to Banner II(admittedly I am missing the first volume
    of the DVD so started in the middle with volume 2).With that said it left me a bit on the melancholic
    side.Then again I always feel a bit like that when finishing up a series.(OTOH I am a Melancholic
    so perhaps it comes with the territory?)
    btw:Yeah Abhnation was a great forum and website.We still miss it.
    Verethragna
    Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Post by Verethragna 7/6/2015, 7:28 pm

thanks for the feedback you two. and in reply to mitsuki lover i never was int he website i found it up but closed i that makes sense i read the farewell messages and it saddened me.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/8/2015, 1:14 pm

It saddened all of us who were a part of it as well,but it was one of those things...

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/8/2015, 5:03 pm

Ditto.
    There weren't and aren't many such communities.
    These days everyone is either busy or caught up in social media. I'm not saying social media is not bad but perhaps too much addictive for many? e.g. impatiently waiting for replies and such.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/10/2015, 1:01 pm

Amen!
    Verethragna
    Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Post by Verethragna 7/21/2015, 12:47 pm

lol social media is indeed addicting but once you get over that addiction it finds a way to become boring now as too the novels Should i read the the novels hat cover the anime or did they do a decent job of covering them in the show (if this was answered i'm sorry but i didint catch it lol) need something to do...learning to skateboard makes one sore...
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/21/2015, 1:28 pm

Read the original novel if you can.

The Tokyopop novel translation is missing 2 chapters and some more here and there.
    The anime is missing another 1 or 2 chapters.
    The trilogy manga is missing about 80%.

You can live with the anime as it does have all the important things. It's just missing all the small things and minor scenes.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/22/2015, 1:22 pm

The manga was also licensed by Tokyopop,which is probably why it's OOP now. I didn't know there
    was a third volume.I do have the first two.Undoubtedly they had to cut or edit scenes
    to make it fit into an average of 200 pages per manga.(Crest237 and Banner I 190)
    ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Number of posts : 16
    Imperial Credits : 6634
    Registration date : 2015-06-26

Post by ken07 7/26/2015, 8:38 pm

So, tokyopop novel also actually have missing details? Thats too bad Sad
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/27/2015, 1:54 pm

I wonder now what the importance of the cut chapters were, or were they simply just recaps of
    previous chapters.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/27/2015, 4:51 pm

No recaps. 38 pages. I won't say further without actual translation even if I know roughly the contents.

http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Publications
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/29/2015, 2:11 pm

Didn't find the mention of the Tokyopop versions on the Wiki.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/30/2015, 2:59 pm

Oops. Fixed. It's in the listing and overall novels page, but was missing on the overall crest novels page and only listed on the specific novel page. The dis/advantages of a wiki: it's easy to lose overview.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/31/2015, 1:12 pm

In any case aren't the Tokyopop novels finally OOP now? I haven't checked at Rightstuf since they reorganized their website, but would think they'd be Out of Stock by now.
    ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Number of posts : 16
    Imperial Credits : 6634
    Registration date : 2015-06-26

Post by ken07 8/3/2015, 8:19 am

I don't know if you want to buy it, I recently just bought used SNM 1-2 in Amazon and SNM 3 in other site.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/3/2015, 1:37 pm

I'm ok right now. I got the manga for Crest and Banner I, don't know if I even have room for the novels right now.
    Verethragna
    Verethragna
    Chief
    Chief

Post by Verethragna 10/19/2015, 6:53 pm

wow, this post grew a lot lol...and kinda off topic xD welp thanks for the welcome guys and girls Neutral but seeing as wifi is gone at home for now and probably a good couple of months im now posting from libraries lol welp thanks for the welcomes Very Happy
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/21/2015, 1:18 pm

You're so welcome. Very Happy
    Yeah that sounds like a bummer but good that you still able to post.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/21/2015, 2:17 pm

Welcome back...for now.
    Too bad, but then again wifi isn't exactly safe to use.
    Any way, come back any time, mate.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/23/2015, 5:00 pm

We need all the members we can get!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/16/2015, 2:37 pm

I just re-read the Bannermanga. So I'm finished with what I have of the manga. I notice that yet again they refer to Sobaash as a woman!

I'm posting it here because I didn't want to start a new thread.

Any ways, it be nice if we could get more of the anime but I highly doubt it at this point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 10:25 am