Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

5 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17869
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 5 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 11/7/2016, 2:51 pm

X episode 6 on Friday night. This one was basically Sorata's background story.

On Saturday re-watched Madoka episode 10 dubbed. And this was the one that gave
    Homura's background.' Moemura' ftw! Laughing Laughing

btw: it's interesting to note in that one timeline one of the significant differences is that Mami was
    NOT killed by Charlotte before Sayaka became a Witch. Which made it a rather interesting
    variant.

Blassreiter dubbed episode 10 on Sunday. Hermann and Amanda are arrested for
    uncovering things they shouldn't have and the Paladins arrive.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 5 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 11/9/2016, 2:09 pm

Omamari Himari[/b came yesterday in the mail, which delighted me no end since I thought it wouldn't ship until Friday. And then I realized Friday was Veterans Day after it arrived. So I guess
    that's the reason it was so early. Also a good reason why sometimes you should pre-order. Laughing

Monday I re-watched [b]Outlaw Star
    raw. This was the one where the Syndicate
    catches up with Gene and company. Fortunately for Melfina Twilight Suzuka steps in in time.
    Jim's face when he sees her with Melfina was classic.
    Remember this is before she joins the crew so they're pretty much still suspicious of her.

Tuesday episodes 9 and 10 of Season 3 of RWBY and the last stand of Beacon
    Academy begins. I'm thinking that Penny had to be disposed of because she was too human and
    had self awareness and free will which would have put a damper in the plans.
    So Blake ends up facing her ex .
    And I don't know which shocked Ruby more: Penny's death or Mercury turning out to be one of the bad guys.
    I think Emerald looks like she has second thoughts about the whole thing.
    I would love to see her eventually switch sides and get some sort of redemption.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/11/2016, 2:54 pm

Wednesday saw the sub of episode 15 of Moribito. So it turns out that Chagum's older brother
    Sagnum was the one that unexpectedly died in the end. Also Shagu finds the sign that Chagum is still alive. It's a weird sign too! The rain comes down in breast shaped clouds!

Thursday the sub of episode 36 of You're Under Arrest this involves two missing cats. One is a kitten that belongs to a little girl that the station personnel are friends with. "Strike Man" helps them look for her,and ends up solving the second missing cat case accidentally when among other cats he comes up with a missing gold plated 'lucky cat' that was part of an on going case
    the chief was working on!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/14/2016, 2:40 pm

Episode 7 of X on Friday night. This was Satsuki's backstory.

Episode 11 of Madoka on Saturday night. Walpirgisnacht finally arrives but Homura is helpless to defeat it. Also Madoka gets a crash course in the history of Magical Girls from Kyubey.

Episode 11 of Blassreiter on Sunday night. The Demonaic infection spreads through the XAT.
    Wolf taunts the survivors.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/16/2016, 2:08 pm

Watched episode 1 of Gatekeepers 21 for my Raw Monday view.

Tuesday finished Season 3 of RWBY.

So next week I start Wizard Barristers.

Also got confirmation today about my order for the NOIR complete series dvd. Very Happy
    And next month I finish the year off by ordering the Kiddy Grade complete series.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12505
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Post by spoor356 11/16/2016, 5:53 pm

I should watch Kiddy Grade, but in the meantime I have NOIR now. I shall watch it. Not watched stuff like that since Madlax in 2007. Anyway, yay my turn to join the talks at long last.

Oh and going through my second watch-through of Arpeggio of Blue Steel.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/18/2016, 2:29 pm

I have two volumes of the NOIR singles that ADV put out and two of Kiddy Grade
    by Funimation. That's why I'm getting the complete series of both now. I also am only missing, I think
    vol. 5 of Madlax otherwise I have the entire series for that.

Wed. I saw episode 16 of Moribito. Shagu goes in search of evidence that Chagum isn't dead; which is important now that Sagnum is dead and there's no other prince to replace him.

Th. episode 49 of You're Under Arrest. A new Inspector arrives to take over a case involving
    a luxury car theft ring.

I really been enjoying it a lot. Very Happy

Anyways upcoming on Tuesday I finally start Wizard Barristers and on Saturday
    the re-watch of Vividred Operation. After I finish You're Under Arrest it'll
    be on to Gunslinger Girl vol.1.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/21/2016, 2:48 pm

X episode 8 on Friday night. The theme of this particuliar episode seemed to be about
    doubles. The episode title was Gemini. The main plot was the revealing that Fuma was
    fated to be the second Kamui; which helped to explain Hinoto's double vision and why Kanoe said that
    Kamui would have two possible destinies.
    Also Karen, the Firestarter of the Seven Seals is introduced. Her character is a paradox since she is a
    devout Catholic Christian who also works at a S & M parlor( yeah, that whole get up was a bit of a clue as to what her job was!)

Saturday ended Madoka with episode 12. Bring hankies, as this one especially made me want to cry,the whole show ends on a bittersweet note. It's interesting that only Homura can
    remember the Madoka-Time Lines because of her time travel ability. Not even Mami and Kyouko
    remembered her.
    AFAIG: yes I do think the ending hints at the fact that Homura was the last known Magical Girl.

Sunday episode 12 of Blassreiter, as the rest of the XAT discover that the pop they
    drank was infected,they struggle to help Amanda and Hermann reach the heliport. Wolf shows up to stop them and reveals his true colors at last. Al and Brad go down fighting to the last just as they
    are both about to change. Amanda wants to stay and fight but Hermann flies the copter away
    from the battle. In the end he jettisons the Paladin with Amanda in it and crashes.

Tomorrow I start Wisard Barristers and Saturday the re-watch of Vivdred which I just found out from looking at the case is sub-only.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/23/2016, 4:05 pm

I started watching Wizard Barristers yesterday. It was pretty fun. It starts with one of the best animated train sequences since Blood-C:The Last Dark,which in its turn was the best animated train sequence since Blood,The Last Vampire. Quinn's pretty cool character. I also liked
    Cecil and the "Girls In The Band" aka the paralegals. I haven't made up my mind about Hotaru yet.
    It ends with Cecil being framed for using her magic,even though she was defending herself and
    Momoyo.
    It will be interesting to see who the mysterious woman is.

I also watched Slayers Try for my Monday Raw viewing. It was the one where they end up in the village where dragons were outlawed and Filia ends up in prison. Of course Xellos has to show up and irritate her in order to get her to act( never ever get Filia pissed! Laughing ). Y'know how much
    dragons hate Xellos' people.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/25/2016, 2:07 pm

Hmmm....so disc 5 of Anime Work's Moribito goes up to episode 17! Had to find that out the hard way. Embarassed
    Any way Toya had a major role in this episode as he discovers the ambush waiting for Balsa.
    In order to warn her he basically sets the entire mill on fire. Not bad idea, except he was inside it at the time!
    Meanwhile Shagu and Balsa accidentally meet and he tries to convince Chagum to return to the palace now that Sagum is dead. But Balsa won't relent and tells Shagu that only the Second Queen
    can end her mission; but even then she'd probably refuse because of the new information they have, which she refuses to tell him.

Thursday watched episode 50 of You're Under Arrest! and Miyuki is not taking Natsumi's reassignment well. That is until she manages finally to hit one of Strike Man's pitches and starts to
    channel her own inner Natsumi! Laughing
    At the end Natsumi returns and they set out together on patrol to help look for the car thieves.
    Next week is the finale and after that the special.

Need to get Season 1.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/28/2016, 3:04 pm

X episode 9 on Friday night. It was Subaru's intro episode. In it he had to deal with a woman who had used a spell to conjure up her dead lover. It was pretty eerie at times since a lot of
    it was silence. And then there was the whole thing with the black cat.

On Saturday started re-watch of [b]Viividred[/b] with episode 1. Rei certainly does
    seem to be the Homura clone. The episode even starts similiar with Madoka in that Rei
    and not Akane is the first person we see; just as Homura is the first person we see in [b]Madoka[/b]. Rei's first line is: "I must do,what I must do." which is also the first line of the series.

Well have to wait for Himawara to show up now!

Sunday started to second half of Blassreiter with episode 14. This reveals Josephs background a bit more and goes into his early days at the orphanage.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/30/2016, 2:11 pm

Monday watched Bubblegum Crisis,Tokyo 2040 the one where the Knights Saber decide to go into space to stop Galatea from using the array to control all the Boomers around the world.
    Nene's face when she realized she miscalculated the thrust needed to hitch a ride is always priceless!

Tuesday watched episode 2 of Wizard Barristers Ageha helps Cecil come up with evidence and a rather reluctant witness to help their client out. Also as regards to Momoyon's eating habits:
    Momoyon meet Akane,Akane meet Momoyon! Laughing (One puts ketchup and whipped cream on everything and the other has a mayonnaise addiction!...Akane from Vividred that is.)
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/2/2016, 2:22 pm

Wed. episode 18 of Moribito. Balsa and the others finally make it to the Yakoo village of
    Toumi only to learn that the last story teller died and there was no replacement for her. Fortunately the village leader's young granddaughter (i think) listened to all the old stories and is able to tell them the fate of the last Spirit Guardian; this makes Chagum faint and Balsa explains he is the current
    Guardian.
    Meanwhile Shagu and is men are hot on their trail.

Th. episode 51 of You're Under Arrest. The finale has Bokuto Station finally break the car theft ring,thanks to Miyuki and Natsumi. But in the process Aoi gets shot. Great scene where
    the girls arrest the crooks and recite a list of traffic violations that leads up to the two of them saying in unison:" You're So Under Arrest!" Laughing
    Next week is the special which takes place at the beach...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/5/2016, 2:45 pm

Friday watched episode 10 of X in it Yuzuriha tells Kusunagi about when she was in elementary school and how some of the kids teased her about Inuki because they couldn't see him.

Saturday episode 2 of Vividred Aoi and Akane dock (i.e. fuse) for the first time transforming into
    Vivid Blue. Aoi also has to admit to Akane she doesn't really like tomatoes but tried to because of her
    friendship with her; Akane says it's ok 'cause she knew from the way she reacted at lunch all the time when Aoi tried to eat tomatoes.

Sunday episode 14 of Blassreiter the conclusion of how Joseph first met Xargin and Joseph's first meeting with his older sister Sasha,who he never knew existed before.
    Later Amanda and Joseph are startled when two aircraft land in front of them; one turns out to be piloted by Mei Fong and the other by Sasha who Joseph thought was long dead!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/7/2016, 2:08 pm

Monday I watched episode 02 of Pilot Candidate. Need to get the rest of it now that it's once more available.

Tuesday episode 3 of Wizard Barristers. This involved the sequel of a case Hachiya originally prosecuted after he had become a Wizard Barrister. In the process two things are revealed:
    first that no wud(wizard/magic user) can hold public office and second that wuds usually come into their powers in puberty, but for some reason Hachiya didn't until he was an adult.

During the trial Cecile discovers an unexpected new power, which she is told she will have to have
    registered.

And Hatoru admits she's jealous of Cecile because she hasn't gotten a case yet.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/9/2016, 2:41 pm

Wed. episode 19 of Moribito, Chagum decides to run away and head back home but
    Balsa tracks him. She challenges him to kill her since that's the only way he'll get past her. To show she's serious she throws her spear down and orders him to pick it up.
    He obeys and then she grabs the end and takes the spear away from him. After that she gives him a really sharp bitch slap and yells: "You never point a weapon at your parent!"
    Then she really surprises him by getting on her knees and hugging him while she cries.
    This was the most intensely emotional I've ever seen Balsa get up to this point. I think the whole point was to show Chagum that he wasn't simply another assignment for her.
    Also Shagu and his men finally reach Toumi village but since Chagum and Balsa are both gone the people can truthfully say they don't know where they are.

Th. ended what I have of You're Under Arrest! with the Special. In it Miyuki, Nantsumi,
    Aoi and Yoriko are stuck on traffic duty at the beach on one of the hottest days of the Summer.
    Everything seems to go wrong and then when Miyuki and Nantsumi are on lunch break a thief
    starts a stealing rampage.Before they can stop them they have to rescue a drowning girl.
    Fortunately they've been wearing their swimsuits underneath their uniforms and are ready.
    Then the thief steals a jet ski and the girls jump into action with Miyuki tolling Nantsumi on a
    ski board.
    In the end all the people thank them and they get a lot of treats for their hard work.
    Though I don't think the Captain appreciated seeing all four of them directing traffic in their swimsuits! Laughing

thought: yeah...they had to have 'em in swimsuits because y'know the...obligatory beach episode.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/12/2016, 3:24 pm

Friday Xepisode 11. Kamui tells Fuma about what he was doing between the time he left Tokyo for Okinawa and when he came back again; later on he receives the second "Sword of Destiny" from his Aunt Tokiko,who dies birthing it in front of Kamui and Fuma.

Saturday episode 3 of Vividread Operation Wakaba is introduced. She chases Akane all across the school grounds in order to get her to duel so she can learn how to be stronger. When they do
    on the beach the Alone attack and Wakaba realizes she wants to be like Aoi and Akane and receives her own Key.

Sunday episode 15 of Blassreiter Amanda and Joseph are taken in and while Joseph is treated
    like a test case Amanda is openly recruited to join up. But she rejects the offer out of hand but
    when it's hinted that it will help Malek she agrees; but only on the condition that she does so has
    a member of XAT.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/14/2016, 3:17 pm

School Rumble for my Raw Mondays. Watched episode 3: The class has an art project; Tenma
    goes overboard when she watches a Samurai tv show and winds up playing heroine for the day when she unwittingly stops a bank robbery in progress; Harima takes an urban legend too literally.
    Also watched the interview with Tenma's seiyuu.
    Q.:"Which character do you think you are most like?"
    fellow-seiyuus in background:" Tenma..Tenma...Tenma.."
    giggles. Laughing
    Also since I ordered it watched the trailer for Suzuka.

Tuesday episode 4 of Wizard Barristers, Cecil has to defend a wud that creeps her out,and wishes to decline but everyone tells her it's part of her duty. Later she walks into a trap set by the
    defendant's brother and manifests a new power in front of everyone including Quinn.
    The epilog reveals it was all part of an overall plan to have Cecil reveal her powers.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/16/2016, 1:41 pm

episode 20 of Moribito after a parley with Shagu, Torogai and Tanda catch up with Balsa and
    Chagum. They finally make it to Hunter's Hole where they make preparations to stay the Winter.
    Chagum asks about Jiguro and Balsa starts to tell his story.

Th. started the first volume of Gunslinger Girl was a bit irked because couldn't figure out
    the menu at first, but finally figured it out. It was basically the same story as the manga except with some added bits of info; such as it being Henrietta's first mission and Triela being the first girl to have undergone the process.

It was interesting that the ED had a bit of an operatic feel to it.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18984
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 12/17/2016, 10:34 am

I haven't seen 2nd season of Gunslinger girls yet. It seem all the same, though. Apropos Studio Fantasia the company that made Aika, Gunbuster, Project A-ko has file bankrupcy. What a shame. I have appreciated as good as 90% of their work.

I've finnaly seen the movies for Soukyuu no Fafner: "Heaven and Earth" and "Right of Left" (I know it took me years to finish it.)
    Well, not really much better but they sure are the way makers and backgrounds to Season 2 and rewrite a bit of Season 1. To summarize everything
    Season 1 is your run of the mill mecha show
    Season 2 a bit more mature but the story is not only another regular type but is just too simple, too. There are bits I like more than season 1.
    I guess it's worth it if you want to see a somewhat different scifi idea (alien's background similar to Xenosaga).
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/19/2016, 2:45 pm

Friday I watched episode 12 of X, so sad to see how Kotori dies at the hands of her brother.

Saturday episode 4 of Vividred and so the team is now complete with Himiwara finally joining the others. I love the ending where she goes all fangirl on Akane's grandfather. Laughing

Sunday episode 16 of Blassreiter Hermann returns. I think the only problem I have with the show is the inconsistency with the CGI or 3-D or whatever it is. The normal animation is really good, but the other makes certain scenes a bit jarring.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/21/2016, 3:49 pm

Monday watched the episode of Full Moon where the housekeeper buys a magic stone that
    blocks Meroko and Takuto from re-entering the house. Poor Meroko afterwards had to go and move all the stones around again in her Mitsuki disguise! Laughing

Tuesday episode 5 of Wizard Barristers Cecil does nothing but complain when she ends up having to team up with 'Grandpa' Kiri the oldest member of the firm on a case involving the murder of
    a bowling alley manager.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/23/2016, 5:02 pm

Wednesday episode 21 of Moribito it took over 20 episodes but we at last get to see Balsa's
    backstory as she tells Chagum the story of Jiguro. It was interesting to find out that she came from such an elite background with her father being the Kanbal King's personal physician.
    Kanbal itself made me think of Nepal.
    Also Balsa seemed to have been going in the directon being a brat if Jiguro hadn't restrained her.

Th, episode 2 of Gunslinger Girl the first several scenes are basically the same as episode 1 but with added segments so we get to see come of it from Henrietta's pov.
    It's interesting to see later on in the resturant that she acts the same way when she sees the busboy clear the table. She simply goes into 'Protect My Handler' mode. Perhaps they did a little
    too good with her conditioning.
    The ending where they showed Guise showing Henrietta Orion was really lovely.

Next week looks to be Rico.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/26/2016, 3:33 pm

Friday episode 13 of X Subaru has to use his power to drag Kamui back into reality and out of his funk;also Hinoto warns Kanoe about Fuma. I think this is the first time we see all of the Dragons of Heaven and Earth together in one episode, at least for a long while.

Saturday episode 5 of Vividread, this is basically Rei's background story. The fact that the key is the only thing she has left not only of her family and friends but of her entire world makes it really
    a sad one; it also gives us more insight into why she's willing to side with the Alone. even though deep down she really doesn't want to see anyone else hurt.

Sunday episode 17 of Blassreiter the battle continues while Amanda chases off after
    Hermann. She disobeys orders to return to base and confronts Hermann alone.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/28/2016, 2:32 pm

I know...I know...it's Winter and Christmas and that's probably why it's taking so long for me to hear from Rightstuf about my last order; still if I don't hear from them by tommorrow afternoon I will have to e-mail and ask about the status.

Monday I watched the Inuyasha episode where the finish off the big demon hairball off.
    Later Koga tries to dissuade Ayame from claiming him by telling her he'll only marry a girl who can sense
    jewel shards. Everyone gives her a look of astonishment when she says she can learn to do it and then runs off.
    I think Ayame was a good addition to the show so it's a pity we didn't see too much of her.

Tuesday episode 6 of Wizard Barristers it starts off with Cecil getting in trouble for all the times she used magic unofficially. Then it gets worse for her as she winds up trying to help some kids that are held hostage.
    Meanwhile it's revealed that Quinn's partner Lt. Shimizu is secretly a Wud and a member of the
    cabal that's behind everything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 9:44 pm