Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

Laptop features

lymhfeubdach
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 116
    Imperial Credits : 11473
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Laptop features Empty Laptop features

Post by lymhfeubdach 6/21/2009, 1:10 am

Very Happy Hey guys, I plan buying a HP Pavilion dv7t series in the futue, but need some help with the featues. Here what planning using it as backup for home comptuer, sufing web, downloading music and videos, tranfering all my stuff that on home computer. The current features I do know for fact I want are 17inch screen (I know it heavy, but eyes are bad), good size harddrive, and maybe blue-ray since there alot titles I like that are on the format. Here a link to the laptop and there two options for a base configuration and recommended configuration right hand side screen, also did not want to make list all options. When you make a list of features, make sure you list if base or recommended configuration. Thank You for your help: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&a1=Display+%28diagonal%29&v1=Over+15.9%26quot%3B&series_name=dv7t_series
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Laptop features Empty Re: Laptop features

Post by Almael 6/21/2009, 8:42 am

This is the one I wanted to buy las xmas, but didn't because I couldn't sell my old one. My old one was only smaller.

You have to decide for how long you want to use it.
    The longer the better it has to be.

Base configuration for 3-5 years, it will still be good for longer
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor P7450 (2.13GHz) +100$
    uses 29% less energy, is 6+% faster

Memory: 2GB is good enough, but I think you will need 4GB+50$ in the future to run smoothly

HDD: 500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection +50$
    It is good point to sell it later.

CD/DVD/Blue-ray: Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer +150$
    it can only read Blue-ray, not burn!
    I don't think you need to burn Blue-ray,....they don't sell burners anymore, it would have costed +250$

= max +350$ = total 1149.99$ BUY THIS
    ------------------------
    Recommended configuration, same configuration:
    HDD: 500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection +50$

CD/DVD/Blue-ray: Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer +150$

= max +200$ = total 1253.99$

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 12:26 pm