Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

My Fan Story

Steel-Winged Pegasus
    4th class crewman
    4th class crewman

Number of posts : 6
    Imperial Credits : 3950
    Registration date : 2018-12-10

My Fan Story Empty My Fan Story

Post by Steel-Winged Pegasus 12/10/2018, 12:56 pm

I have a lot to say about this one, this has been (and still is!) in the works for well over a year, close to two years now! It's called League of the Stars, and it's mostly fanon, probably not the most faithful to the Seikai lore, but I do try!

It's went through a lot of changes, honestly, and I just recently settled down on who the story should focus on, so it's been going through a bit of a revamp. I say fanon, because it focuses mostly on OCs, but Jinto and Lafiel do make some appearances here and there, and Beneej had a role in the backstory of the main character, but I think I might change that in the final version.

The story so far focuses on an Abh woman named Kizelia, Ki for short, as she prefers. She's 31 years old and she has a son, a baby boy, and they're the last living members of a family known to be crooks and robbers and kidnappers and murderers. Now, at this point, my lack of knowledge on Baronh is painfully evident, even with a Japanese web page that was... GOOGLE TRANSLATED, admittedly. So I probably won't reveal actual names yet, or if ever.

Now, I do know how they managed to evade Abh Hell, they moved their operations to a sleazy border planet called Nocturnela Major, which is just a hellhole. Since it's a tiny planet between the borders of the Faicec Barkal and United Mankind, no one pays attention to it, so it's just anarchy over there. What I don't know is what made Ki's ancestors turn to crime, since the Abh generally are averse to committing such acts.

There's a LOT that still needs to be worked on, story wise, honestly, but do let me know what you think so far! I'll make this thread my hub for the story, so I won't clutter it up! Little Edit: It's totally fine referring to characters as like, gay or bi or lesbian, right? Because Ki's bi, and the story does have her go into a relationship with a lesbian Abh. Actually, uhhh... most of the crew she ends up being in isn't straight, so yeah. I ask because I'm a lesbian myself, better safe than sorry!
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18992
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

My Fan Story Empty Re: My Fan Story

Post by Almael 12/11/2018, 4:52 pm

Kewl to have a new creative mind.
    It's fine take your time. It's not easy to keep up with life; do fanon and keep the fire or motivation going.

Yeah, just keep Baronh at a minimum and only used those that are easily familiar so readers won't get confuse ofr find it hard to follow. Try looking up our translation projects and or discord resources.

Interesting, the Abh are a new born society which partly has minimal information on their mother civilisation (Japan). So those (old tales/tradition) are more like a curiosity and may have some kind of fans or following but altogether have nothing to do with them. They developed from a crew society so it's more about discipline and militaristic traditions, department affairs/politics. Since they have become an empire and had more direct dealings and governing than during their age of wandering/trading, they probably have adopted some more human social traits. So I see no problem if some Abh is different from the "norm". Seriously, nobody knows the norm unless it's some dystopia. Abh pretty much have no social taboos compared to humans except typical universal evil cases. So BL/yaoi and GL/yuri etc. are no problem. Well, you could say there is a genetic taboo like those Abriel ears reserved for the Royal family only. You have a lot of freedom with the Abh as far as characters go.
    Steel-Winged Pegasus
    4th class crewman
    4th class crewman

Number of posts : 6
    Imperial Credits : 3950
    Registration date : 2018-12-10

Post by Steel-Winged Pegasus 12/11/2018, 6:57 pm

Luckily, for me, I recently placed an order on volumes 1 and 2 of the Seikai no Monshou novels (and... unfortunately, pirated volume 3, because V3 is like, $78 plus shipping and taxes), so the glossaries there will be a great help for me, too! But I heard TOKYOPOP's localization wasn't that great, so we'll see.

Now, a very intriguing idea I had at one point is that Ki's a descendant of an Abriel who was booted out of the clan, but that idea's in limbo, because I dunno if I like it or think it's too out there, so I have a regular idea as a backup for now. If not, AU time for that one~ I do like the idea of Ki being descended from those she despises so much, as she resents the Abriels for upholding the condemnation of her family. Why? 500 years ago, her family stopped doing criminal acts, her great-grandpa wanted to stop the criminal legacy, but it was too little, too late. Later generations did follow his footsteps in being good, law-abiding Abh, but family legacies don't die, not that easily.

But like I said, I'm on the fence about it. Too Mary-Sue-ish for Ki, maybe? But on the other hand, she's got some janked ears, a bit cut up to mark her family as gangsters, so there's that duality going on that I like, and that explanation would emphasize that even more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/1/2024, 5:59 pm