Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

The Nintendo Switch

spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12503
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

The Nintendo Switch Empty The Nintendo Switch

Post by spoor356 3/8/2017, 1:40 pm

Despite the meteoric rise in sales numbers, which means regardless of its ultimate success, Nintendo will not take any feedback from it; there seems to be a number of issues ranging from minor and inconvenient over to rather disastrous.

I have distanced myself from consoles since the controversy of the Xbone and their DRM disclosures and attempt on their medium.

I imagine the issues come from a number of places, considering they have to engineer a powerful gaming engine into a tiny platform, engineer a signal strong enough to cover a distance, removable portable controls and software. Could the issues come from over-engineering?

I'd argue the only under-designed feature is the dock which the video shows as basically an empty plastic box. That likely comes form the rushed delivery since Nintendo was already behind on launching it's next-gen console.

I hope to talk about it more. See you later.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

The Nintendo Switch Empty Re: The Nintendo Switch

Post by Almael 3/8/2017, 4:09 pm

Nintendo isn't known for overengineering and console engineers definitely don't do that. Sony is the only one who overengineer their PS in terms of computer power (with MS catching up in the followup edition).

I don't know for sure but I bet it's the pads. No matter how calm you are, using it will cause all kinds of movements. So I'm sure it becomes a signal transmission problem which freezes up due to I/O error management etc. The noise is the same when there's a graphic error with windows and you get BSOD. VIDEO-TDR-FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys) I had this with the most recent driver. Sad
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/nvlddmkm-sys-video_tdr_failure-blue-screen-error-solved-on-windows-10/
    The display cable is usually glued on and very sensitive. I imagine this as another source of problem.

Instead of the simple (hard to remove) click on lock they could have gone with a slide lock.
    Toys for kids require to be robust or they will break very quickly. So I can't exactly blame them for making it tough.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12503
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Post by spoor356 3/8/2017, 5:13 pm

Fair enough, so I am guessing then it's not that they over-analyzed all the individual aspects to try to cram into the controllers and console design, but the engineering is adequate, just that the product may have been a bit rushed. That does leave the audio issues of the loud uncommanded squealing they may make at times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 5:50 am