Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

4 posters

AlexT's sketches and concepts

AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12458
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

AlexT's sketches and concepts - Page 3 Empty Re: AlexT's sketches and concepts

Post by AlexT 10/19/2009, 3:43 pm

Yea, i spent more time on swine to add all the compression and noise and it paid off. But i think the glass she hold is ok too... Bottle would be better if not sticker taken from real one. It's all about color. But i'm close to understanding how they always keep right color scheme - there are rules, almost like formulas..

About moskov vodka...i don't drink this much to know every 1 Wink Actualy i don't even like vodka...(don't tell anyone!).
    A lot of Russian vodka names are associated with Russia one way or another, but few actualy have Moscow in it...
    Hmm... i remember i heard something else about it...i think it's actualy forbiden to use city/location names for this purpose...that's why for example Vodka you see on pic (very old brand) i postet is called "Stolichnaya (vodka)" which means "Capital (vodka)" so why didn't they just call it "Moskovskaya"? and i can't recall any vodka with name of city in..
    Btw, funny thing - Ukraine makes better vodka and we export a lot to Russia Wink Ah, now we also need alcohol topic AlexT's sketches and concepts - Page 3 Icon_cheers
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 11/14/2009, 9:39 pm

I started sketching this one for fun but then decided to try doing it in Retas Pro - a programm used for all Japanese anime (including BOTS3).
    This pic is basically regular anime cell. I had to try to create at least one to understand how it all works and it's sort of tribute. Since it's been my first time ever doing anything in that software it wasn't all that easy or flawless, but you're the ones to judge.
    This is an illustration of sort for Almael's latest story. These are abh trader parents of the main hero in their "final hour".
    AlexT's sketches and concepts - Page 3 Abhtraders.th

Here is black&white cell
    And here is my initial rough sketch i made before idea of making it in Retas struck me.

As for impressions from Retas Pro...
    Spoiler:
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982

Post by Almael 11/15/2009, 8:45 am

AlexT's sketches and concepts - Page 3 Icon_cheers Cool.
    You got the right tool, now only working skill is needed. ^_^

Spoiler:
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 8/24/2012, 5:01 pm

Either i got used to them, or they decided to let me be - i see fewer mosquitos now. But they occupied my mind for so long that when i decided to draw a little sketch i kept thinking if Abhs could ever have a problem with mosquitos? And so this little sketch was born Very Happy
    It's a bit fast/loose, but it's been a while since i sketched anything

AlexT's sketches and concepts - Page 3 Scaled.php?server=411&filename=abhmosq3

(forgot how i posted link with smaller image)

Last edited by Almael on 8/24/2012, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed image link ;))
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982

Post by Almael 8/24/2012, 5:50 pm

Your skillz are great now.
    After uploading you should see a link for small pictures.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 9:46 am