Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

3 posters

Underrated/Appreciated/Valued Games

tanis1lionheart
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 11612
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Underrated/Appreciated/Valued Games Empty Underrated/Appreciated/Valued Games

Post by tanis1lionheart 6/16/2009, 3:59 pm

DS:
    Legend of Kage 2 - Like the old school Ninja Gaiden, but easier (most of the time). Great art, graphics, story and a fairly complex magic system. Add in two characters that play differently enough to justify playing through both 'stories' and you have one of the best games Square has put out in YEARS.

PS2:
    (Naval Ops Series) Warship Gunner 2 - Think Armored Core (but not as fucking slow, most of the time) with page after page after page of upgrades and ships types.
    Play as everything from some little Currier to a submarine to an Aircraft Carrier and a story that's ripped out of the Ace Combat games, and you've got one of the most under looked games on the PS2.
    The sales of this game were just plan shameful

Baroque - While this game does nothing to prepare you and, lets face it, the story you pretty much accidentally bump into, that's one of the reason you keep coming back. A tower that never seems to end, great character and monster designs, haunting music, difficulty that goes from a walk in the park to a walk in the hurricane, this game is just an odd kind of fun. A total throwback to dungeon crawlers like Diablo or Planscape: Torment, no game is ever exactly the same.
    Add to it the fact that dieing actually makes you progress, and you've got one weird but fun game.

Dropship: United Peace Force - One of the odder games I've come across (and that's saying something) you play as well a..dropship that carries your other ships into combat and spy missions. With game play that goes from 'Ace Combat' to 'Tank Battle', there's really a variety of ways to complete missions and fun to be had. My biggest issue with this game is that the level are too damn long and while there are check points, they don't really help if you just want a quick play.

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - A GOOD anime based game? What the fuck, am I right? While not the best game in the world, the simple fact that this game is not total shit (SEE: GitS on the PSP) and has a GREAT 4 player multi-player mode with a decent story, great graphics, and controls that actually work, some really good weapons and combat, this is one of my favorite anime based games out there.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto - You play as a drunk alien British mercenary, a naked water chick, and a huge fucking dinosaur like thing. What's not to love? A game that never seems to take itself to seriously (SEE: Most lines of dialogue in the game), some great game play that differs from each storyline (or creature class), plus some really fun run and kill game play, and you've got an over looked gem.

Gitaroo Man (Also on PSP) - Gain a magical guitar, fight a baby demon in the tutorial and proceed to fight (with the power of music) skeletons and evil alien keyboards and you've got one of the quirkiest rhythm music games on the PS2. One big issue is that when you pause the game on a song you HAVE TO replay from the start, this has been fixed in the PSP port of the game (thank fucking god).

God Hand - Insane 2D beat-em-up but 3D, genuinely funny moments and ball busting difficulty. Add some of the best music in a game, with an amazing replay value and a custom combo maker and you've pretty much got the new school answer to Double Dragon or Battletoads...but without the shitty racing stages.

Gundam: Zeonic Front - Yeah, yeah I know...A gundam game, underrated or Under appreciated? What the hell am I smoking, right? Well, guess what, you'd be wrong.
    This is the Gundam game for people who don't really like...well...Gundam games.
    A tactical third person shooter (SEE: SOCOM) with mechs, this is one of those weird games were even people I know who don't give a crap/like Gundam (or anime for that matter) seem to enjoy this game.
    While not the most complex or long game of its kind, there's something surreal about leading a group of 5 Zaku like you're a freaking general into the fray as if this were SOCOM or a online team up of some random FPS.
    v---------------Add to these later-------------------v
    Klonoa 2
    Okage: Shadow King
    Oni
    Psychonauts
    Red Faction 1
    Samurai Western
    Shadow Of Destiny
    Skygunner
    Soul Nomad & The World Eaters
    Sub Rebellion
    TransFormers
    VCL Presents: Motor Mayhem
    Whiplash
    Wizardry: Tale Of The Forsaken Land
    Wrath: Unleashed
    Zone Of The Enders 2: The 2nd Runner
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18984
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Underrated/Appreciated/Valued Games Empty Re: Underrated/Appreciated/Valued Games

Post by Almael 6/16/2009, 5:12 pm

Nice! Keep it up!
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 12642
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Underrated/Appreciated/Valued Games Empty Re: Underrated/Appreciated/Valued Games

Post by JGZinv 6/16/2009, 8:18 pm

Certainly agree with ZOE, but a good Transformers game?
    You're talking about the one based off the reversioned cartoon a couple years back right?

tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by tanis1lionheart 6/16/2009, 8:22 pm

JGZinv wrote:Certainly agree with ZOE, but a good Transformers game?
    You're talking about the one based off the reversioned cartoon a couple years back right?
    I'm talking about the Atari one.
    It's based more off the classic cartoon.

Open world, but each having a theme (Snow, Jungle, ect)
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18984
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 6/17/2009, 12:14 pm

For me on old consols, there are only good RPGs and shooters, everything else is better with a computer.
    Atari had some good games, but I never heard it got transformers....
    tanis1lionheart
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by tanis1lionheart 6/17/2009, 1:31 pm

Almael wrote:For me on old consols, there are only good RPGs and shooters, everything else is better with a computer.
    Atari had some good games, but I never heard it got transformers....
    Yeah, they made it for the PS2.

GREAT game, surprising since at the time the only games they were making were DBZ crap.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 5:26 pm