Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

4 posters

The Future of Tv

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17871
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Future of Tv Empty The Future of Tv

Post by mitsuki lover 4/29/2009, 4:36 pm

Since tv has become the most ubiquitous form of technology in the World,I am wondering what do you think the future of tv will be?
    Considering that you can now not only buy you're favorite titles or rent them in the form of DVDs or record them on TIVO and other DVR systems or even watch them streamed on the internet and even on your cell phone.
    To put it mildly do you think we are going to soon see the end of tv as we have known it and will it end up becoming just another option when it comes to viewing entertainment.
    I am speaking of traditional tv here.
    So what do you think.Is tv going the way of the Dodo or will it like the movies adapt to the changes in entertainment tech? scratch
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 12644
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

The Future of Tv Empty Re: The Future of Tv

Post by JGZinv 4/29/2009, 11:47 pm

Tv will still be some sort of device, but it may be phased out and replace with the "holo" sooner than you think.

I can't even count the number of universities and other establishments, much less the electronics groups, that are
    working on 3D displays or tech right now. Within 6 years will have non glasses 3D in peoples homes. That's not saying it won't be super expensive, but it'll be there.

As to TV, it's largely just a display. What you're worried about is the content. People from the last generation don't get it as much, but the people in this one are constantly moving and have integrated with the Internet way of life. So instead of waiting for a show to come on, they have it set to auto record, or the download it right away off the net. It's mreo about what you want, when you want it.

Ultimately the TV is going to be more and more integrated with the internet until there is no dividing line.
    A lot of this has already happened, it's just a matter of getting people broadband, and the TV tech low enough to where common folks can buy it without taking out a loan on the house.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/4/2009, 2:50 pm

Myself,I think that more and more the whole idea of television has changed dramatically over the past 50 years that I have been alive.
    When I was younger you really had no choice of what to watch since basically there was only the Big 3 networks.
    Cable didn't come along until the late '70s and even then at that point it was still limited because not too many people could afford it.It was considered a luxury,just like if you could have had a computer(PCs were still in the future).
    Now with cable,satellite,DVDs,DVRs,Blu-Ray Discs,etc.it's gotten to the point where tv has become more and more personalized(I guess that's the word I am looking for).
    To put it another way,no 2 people watch the same program any more not even in the same family.Thanks to all the new tech we have person A can be watching an episode of say for example Dual or Crest of the Stars on their DVD or Blu-Ray Disc Player(we're imagining here),whilst person B in the same household could be watching a marathon of House or NCIS on USA.Meanwhile person C could be
    recording an episode of Law And Order or The Iron Chef.
    So far have we come.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 5/4/2009, 3:05 pm

With the right devices installed ML... I can have you watching 8 channels at once
    an every tv on your house, while playing audio off a localized hard drive music storage device, and make your doorbell play an anime greeting.

lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 116
    Imperial Credits : 11477
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Post by lymhfeubdach 5/5/2009, 3:00 am

I have a question will tv be around in the future? Even way I think public would like idea buying a tv set that all in one, instead buy torns of equipment or invest in home projector system.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 5/5/2009, 4:23 am

The problem with all in ones, is several fold.

1. The component quality is usually about average all around.

2. You can't upgrade separate pieces of hardware should you want/need it.

3. Pricing on all in ones is typically expensive.

4. Heat is more likely to affect components crammed in a smaller space.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18986
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 5/5/2009, 1:49 pm

Of course TV will be around until we got Holographic, or wearable head pieces.

I'm not quite happy with the change to digital, since you need special circuit for this.
    And as JGZinv said, costs more for the .same'.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/6/2009, 11:07 am

Of course even when we get holography the entire pirat issue would still be with us.Some things will never change no matter what the tech.
    Personally I'd Sad if holography ended up ruining my favorite classics like Lost In Space or Gilligan's Island or Laverne And Shirley.
    It wouldn't be the same.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 5/6/2009, 1:20 pm

I doubt we're going to get any movies that were made before the holo-shift in holographic, simply because you can't create accurate 3D from nothing.

If there was a 3D stud that literally modeled everything in every scene, and then
    merged it with the film, it'd be possible, but ridiculous in time and expenses.

I think you'd end up with new movies (big name titles) in 3D to start with (like the
    deal with some films in IMAX now) while budget films still use 2D. Your projector systems
    will also have a fallback mode so that they can play both. Until such time as the costs go really really low that is....

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/8/2009, 11:18 am

Well cost is probably going to be what keeps holography from becoming too universal and replacing the current system too soon.
    Too many people would end up looking like this: Surprised or this: Shocked unless there was a way of making the holography tech cheaper.
    lymhfeubdach
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 116
    Imperial Credits : 11477
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Post by lymhfeubdach 12/16/2009, 4:00 am

The future on TV going more online like place hulu.com and youtube.com, because it for free. However, companies like boxee has made a box that links to your computer and web video sites to give people more options. The reason why world tv is changing has do with not alot good shows on TV and high cost of cable tv.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 4:37 am