Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

5 posters

New Child Of Love

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19012
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

New Child Of Love  - Page 2 Empty Re: New Child Of Love

Post by Almael 8/10/2018, 11:54 am

The community certainly has enemies.
    I meant hackers who tried to take over the forum or copy its database. It's been many years since the last incident.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4207
    Imperial Credits : 17909
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 8/10/2018, 12:47 pm

Yep, I've seen it before where hackers come in and take over a forum. That's one of the main reasons I try to post as much as possible as I figure as long as someone's posting it might discourage
    the little buggers.
    Then again I'm probably wrong and they'd it anyway whether or not anyone was actually posting here.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/20/2018, 5:10 pm

Just for the heck of it over the weekend I googled Seikai and found a discussion at Reddit.
    The OP wanted to know why there were so many different ratings for it from 1/10 to 7/10 to
    10/10 as they were interested in watching.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/21/2018, 2:02 pm

Welp. I'm not on reddit. It got hacked last time I checked.
    The ratings .. It's not surprising since you got all kinds of people there not just anime fans. Comparing such evaluation is best for overall consumer numbers rather than genre specific. So it can't be a good measurement for the reality of things e.g. comparison among peers.

Also last time i checked the top 1000+ movies people actually watched worldwide.
    Well, it was very random. You would think classics and popular ones would get top ranks over the years as more and more people watched them but no. Less than 10% were those. The rest was all over the place and mostly unknowns. I looked at movies from around the world. As expect horror flicks were substantial. But pr0n was even more present than expected. I would say they easily outmatched any classic and popular ones in numbers of views regardless of how well they are known. Sex is never gonna lose to anything.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/22/2018, 1:22 pm

I think the OP that started the conversation was relatively new to Seikai which was why they wanted to know why there was such a variation in ratings.

I've only looked in at Reddit a few times. So I don't really know what goes on there.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/26/2018, 12:18 pm

Reddit I would say its demograph is mostly male of all ages, hobbies, fields or profession. Reddit also suffers from hypocrite / double standards regarding policy and banning.
    https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/07/reddit-ceo-tells-user-we-are-not-the-thought-police-then-suspends-that-user/
    Just like other social media e,g, Facehook controversial topics generate more traffic, hence, less likely getting banished/closed.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/3/2018, 1:18 pm

I think after the news of the Dual BD and now Discotek coming out with a complete
    KOR and Giant Robo BDs, the possibility of someone re-licensing and issuing
    a Seikai BD doesn't seem so remote as it was before.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/3/2018, 3:07 pm

Lets hope so. A BD version should benefit the series. I doubt it but I hope the cots movie version with the rare (original) scenes gets release instead of the current cut(replaced scene) one.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/7/2018, 12:51 pm

Which scene are you talking about? Was it the bath scene?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/7/2018, 3:37 pm

A number of scene from the TV version I presume, it's been a long time so my memory may not be quit complete:

• a scene with the UMK scout in orbit around Planet Clasbul, it's the only visual ever shown
    • a scene with the communications officer of the Abh communication base around Clasbul. It's a he not a she!
    • don't remember

JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 12670
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv 9/7/2018, 6:23 pm

Mostly hackers. There was a big wave of attacks against PHPBB and Invision Power Board in the mid 2000's and many a fan site got nuked. Abh Nation was one of the few that weathered that storm intact thanks to the knowledge of the staff at the time.

As Al said it used to be considerably larger, at least a couple dozen people around at any given time. Abh Nation and the people there worked with Tokyopop on getting the first domestic releases translated. That was a big feather in their cap. There were tiny bits of fan sites, maybe less than other fandoms, but AN was the hub. It shut down after the admin and his staff had a major falling out and it just deteriorated from there. Ultimately it got locked down.

The people that got tossed out were of course ones that spent a lot of their time on the board, they tried to start their own projects and fan site but it kinda just quietly disappeared under the radar over the years.

Kin was made as a bastion when AN was closing, because I didn't want the community to go to the four winds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 3:59 am