Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

3 posters

Adv flims are gone

lymhfeubdach
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 116
    Imperial Credits : 11415
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Adv flims are gone Empty Adv flims are gone

Post by lymhfeubdach 9/2/2009, 11:19 pm

Sad I just find out that Advfilms has close it doors for good due to bad us economy. It really sad day for all anime fans; however, there is some good news all people that work Adv and other companies that were part of Advfilms are still up running. Also Adv flims titles will still be made by another company here the link: http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6687136.html?nid=4756&source=link&rid=6139221. I plan buy up more anime show my support for new company, but still it sad day for anime fans.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18924
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Adv flims are gone Empty Re: Adv flims are gone

Post by Almael 9/3/2009, 1:14 pm

That's a shame, but it's good to know their publications are still available.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4168
    Imperial Credits : 17782
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 9/5/2009, 11:54 am

I saw a similiar thread at the Rightstuf Forum.Evidently ADV's parent company decided they didn't want to carry their debt or something and so they dumped ADV.That is what I,at least understood from reading the thread there.
    As far as it goes I wonder how it will affect their current projects such as the release of the new Eva movies.
    btw:ADV going out of buisness,at least for now,doesn't mean you won't be able to find their DVDs any more,remember when Pioneer/Geneon went out of buisness their DVDs still remained on the market.Ok so mostly used but you can still find them.
    This means that Bandai,Viz and Funimation look to become the Big Three in anime now that ADV is gone.Though I bet Funi is going to end up with the lion's share of things in the U.S. the way that they seem to be gobbling up acquisitions from other companies.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4168
    Imperial Credits : 17782
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 9/7/2009, 12:12 pm

Update:After posting here I went to the Funimation forum and they had a thread about ADV.From what I gather from it another company has already picked up much of ADV's catalouge already.
    btw:It appears that this has only to do with the animation division of ADVFilms.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 1:53 pm