Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

3 posters

Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18926
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club Empty Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club

Post by Almael 6/17/2019, 4:12 pm

Last week "Steel-Winged Pegasus" notified us on discord about a new translation of Cots 1 available at Amazon and at Barnes and Noble.
    https://j-novel.club/s/crest-of-the-stars
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-04-20/j-novel-club-licenses-crest-of-the-stars-record-of-wortenia-war-3-more-light-novel-series/.145967

As she has bought it recently the translation didn't turn out quite as expected such as Lafiel being Lafier....
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4168
    Imperial Credits : 17784
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club Empty Re: Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club

Post by mitsuki lover 6/19/2019, 12:59 pm

scratch
    Do you mean the spelling?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club Empty Re: Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club

Post by Almael 6/24/2019, 2:27 pm

Yeah.
    Waiting for her to finish her comparison and summary. Then we'll see.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/26/2019, 1:06 pm

Hopefully it's going to be just minor differences.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/4/2019, 3:35 pm

As long as everything is consistent and they get all novels done. I would be very happy.
    Tokyopop as not consistent at all. Anyhow, I think they are making a better job overall. But I admit I'm not too happy about a lot of those liberties or choices. Like the Kryuno now called "compuwatch". By all means it's not a watch wrist-comp would be much better.

I know their other translations are generally good except for typos and grammar blunders. They were easy to spot but there were times I had to wonder whether it could have other meanings/reasons.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/5/2019, 1:14 pm

"Compuwatch" sounds like something Apple would come out with...so now we know the truth...the Abh are really behind Apple! Laughing

All joking aside though, I expect since the anime has been out fans would be wanting better.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/21/2020, 10:12 am

First book of Banner of the Star has already come out last month and volume two will be in February.

Also for all fans a hardcover Crest of the Stars collector's edition of all three volumes is now available for pre-order (March 3rd):
    https://www.amazon.com/Crest-Stars-Volumes-Collectors-light/dp/1718350708/

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/22/2020, 2:13 pm

Looks nice.
    crossfire
    Recruite
    Recruite

Number of posts : 2
    Imperial Credits : 3494
    Registration date : 2019-06-27

Post by crossfire 2/20/2020, 6:47 am

Yeah thanks for the link! It looks really good I'm looking forward to it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/24/2020, 3:39 pm

Thanks to members finding the image I was able to track it down.

Anyhow, J-Novel is already working on Bots3. The pace hasn't changed so we will definitely get to sns6 next year.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/28/2020, 6:37 pm

Bosts 2 was released today but Bots3 is nowhere to be found.
    I doesn't seem like it's officially in the work now. There's no information. So I dunno what's going on.
    Maybe the current covid-19 has put all plans in doubt. There's no scheduled past April.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/2/2020, 1:49 pm

It may not be the coronavirus it could be something rather mundane like taking time to copy read to make sure everything is correct.Then again who really knows?
    crossfire
    Recruite
    Recruite

Number of posts : 2
    Imperial Credits : 3494
    Registration date : 2019-06-27

Post by crossfire 7/4/2020, 4:03 am

I had a little trouble finding the Banner of the Stars 3 most of you probably already have it but here's a link for those finding it difficult to find. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B085TD3HYJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/18/2020, 6:36 am

Yeah, for some reason linking and searching on J-novel club has degraded as far as Seikai novels go.
    And still nothing has been scheduled yet beyond Bots3 either or at list not listed in the next cycle.
    So it seems likely translation may not proceed for some time or not at all. But I think we should wait for the next 2nd cycle to be certain which should be around December or January.

My theory is either the licenses have not been approved or revoked or there's problem with translators (left or overtaxed) or less likely
    Sunrise plans to animate Bots4+ and wants to keep the rest of the world in suspension.
    I doubt that, though, because the best course of action is to announce it to curb fan interest.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/17/2021, 4:19 pm

J-Novel Club after last year's delays suddenly published the translations for
    SNS5 and SNS6.
    Yes, that's right Banner of the Stars 5 and 6 have been officially translated!!! cheers santa bounce

https://www.amazon.com/Banner-Stars-5-Hiroyuki-Morioka-ebook/dp/B08NN8LZQ6

https://www.amazon.com/Banner-Stars-6-Hiroyuki-Morioka-ebook/dp/B08VN8GVSQ

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/29/2021, 9:47 am

Banner of the Stars Volumes 4-6 Collector's Edition is now available for order at Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/Banner-Stars-Volumes-Collectors-Crest/dp/1718350724
    shipping date: February 1, 2022

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 1:44 am