Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary

ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Number of posts : 16
    Imperial Credits : 6578
    Registration date : 2015-06-26

I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary Empty I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary

Post by ken07 6/27/2015, 7:14 pm

Hi all, I'm new here.

I just recently finished watching Crest/Banner Series.

To know more about Abh world, I've purchased Crest novel vol 1-3.
    I've read review that its difficult to read the novel because too many Baronh term. So I've created a Baronh-English iOS to make my reading easier (I'm an iOS/ OS X developer).

If any of you have iOS and interested to use the dictionary, do let me know Very Happy

I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary 1h6uk8
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18926
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary Empty Re: I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary

Post by Almael 6/27/2015, 9:49 pm

Shocked cheers bounce

Welcome lutfi!

Great work you did there! If only I have iOS.

Can you provide a simple text list we can upload to the translation project? We can use any help we get.

Since you just finished the series, could you write some summary? for the wiki at
    http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/
    .../Crest of the Stars anime
    .../Banner of the Stars anime
    .../Banner of the Stars I anime
    etc.
    .../Seikai no Monshou
    etc.

I will do the corrections and everything else. We just need summaries.
    ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary Empty Re: I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary

Post by ken07 6/28/2015, 7:24 am

Almael, do you want text list for the Baronh-English dictionary?
    You can specify to me the format you want, I then can generate it to text file. Btw the I take the language translation from abhnation.

Sorry also but I'm not much as a writer, however if you need any help that need to use a developer for example parsing text, or something related I'll be glad to help.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/28/2015, 12:02 pm

Thank you but I already have the Abhnation list.

Yes, I need a highly skilled person who can do parsers.
    I have two different parser cases I need help with.

1: I need a parser that can remove and merge chained ruby code (in precise UNICODE!) This is important for translating SNS5!! I'm stuck doing this by hand.
    Code:

<ruby>帝<rt>ルエ</rt></ruby><ruby>宮<rt>ベイ</rt></ruby>で<ruby>艦<rt>グラー</rt></ruby><ruby>隊<rt>ガー</rt></ruby>

=>

(帝宮«ルエベイ»)で(艦隊«グラーガー»)

2: I need a parser for Baronh that works with the wikimedia engine. I have a working version but it can't do advanced two-letter-replacements e.g. "ai", "eu". I can't figure out how to get it to work. You can look at the basic code in java that's been used at the Labured Library or the webarchive:
    ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by ken07 6/28/2015, 10:46 pm

I'm not really a highly skilled, but I'll try to help.

I can't really understand what do you want, I've created a parser to merge the ruby code, this is what I got
    帝ルエ宮ベイで艦グラー隊ガー

I also don't really know what do you want for second question. Do you have Skype or something so we can discuss?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/28/2015, 11:20 pm

I don't use skype.

1: I need to keep the brakes "(" and "«" to separate the Baronh from the normal text. So I can replace them. This avoids misunderstandings and confusion when translating. The rest of the text will be translated separately afterwards.

2: I want the parser to replace an alphanumeric writing of Baronh into a chain of images in Ath. The Ath image names are fixed or dynamic. The image end-code=ASCII-code e.g. 0x0041=65=>A. The java program would generate "a_A.gif"; B=>"a_B.gif"; ai=>"a_ai.gif". The TRON_9-9xx images have different code. The wiki uses "SPACE"=>"ATH-0020-b.gif" with 0x0020; b=black
    example for TRON:

Kasarl Gereulak
    =>
    I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9848I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9840I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9855I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9849I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9840I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9855I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-984DI've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9858I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9841I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9855I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9857I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-984BI've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9840I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9848I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary TRON_9-9855

gif images here have bad background... Sad

Code:

Idea is:
    The outer loop in Template:Baronh reads a string e.g. "Aiun"
    and calls Template:Ath to compare and/or replace the first letter then move to the next etc.
    if it finds "a" then (inner loop) it goes to the next letter
    if it's "i" then it calls Template:Ath to replaces "ai"
    ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by ken07 6/29/2015, 1:31 am

1. Hm, so how do I know when to use "(" or "*" ? I don't really understand Baronh and Japanese. Also shouldn't the initial should be 帝ル instead of 帝宮 ?

2. I'm an iOS programmer so I don't really understand java, although generally I can understand it. Do you write the java code, it seems you already implemented two-letter-replacements? For example this is in the java code

else if(c == "a") {
    if((nc == "i")) { oc = "ai"; ow = "ai"; i++;}

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/29/2015, 5:11 am

1:
    Code:
    <ruby>帝<rt>ルエ</rt> is for showing the text as 帝^ルエ
    "ルエ" is how you read 帝
    but the whole Baronh term is 帝宮 and it is read as ルエベイ
    =>
    That's why I need the side-by-side ruby to be merged not the text in-between
    (帝宮«ルエベイ»)

2: Correct, but I don't need the java to work because it is working perfectly. It's for you to understand how it works.

To understand wiki Template language read these first:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:If
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:For_loop
    the while loop is similar
    https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:Loops

I need the Templates on the wiki to work. The templates are the problem. Especially the inner loop: reading the second letter and then
    if not-two-letter exit inner loop; replace; next outer loop step
    if two-letter replace; next outer loop step
    But it seems when false; exiting; it does not reset to previous position.

This is http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Template:Baronh
    Code:

{{ #vardefine: t | 0 }}
    {{#if: {{{string|}}}
    |{{ #vardefine: i | 0 }}{{
      #while:
      | {{ #ifexpr: {{ #var: i }} < #len:{{{string}}} | {{{string}}} }}
      | {{#ifeq:{{#sub:{{{string}}}|{{#var: i}}|1}}| a |{{ #ifexpr: {{ #var: i }} < #len:{{{string}}} |{{#ifeq:{{#sub:{{{string}}}|{{#var: i}}|2}}| ai |{{transl Ath|c={{{c}}}|s={{{s}}}|comparestring={{#sub:{{{string}}}|{{#var: i}}|2}}}}{{ #vardefine: i | {{ #expr: {{ #var: i }} + 1 }} }}|{{#ifeq:{{#sub:{{{string}}}|{{#var: i}}|2}}|"au"|{{transl Ath|c={{{c}}}|s={{{s}}}|comparestring={{#sub:{{{string}}}|{{#var: i}}|2}}}}{{ #vardefine: i | {{ #expr: {{ #var: i }} + 1 }} }}|}}}}|}}|{{#ifeq:{{#sub:{{{string}}}|{{#var: i}}|1}}| e |{{ #ifexpr: {{ #var: i }} < #len:{{{string}}} |{{#ifeq:{{#sub:{{{string}}}|{{#var: i}}|2}}| ei |{{transl Ath|c={{{c}}}|s={{{s}}}|comparestring={{#sub:{{{string}}}|{{#var: i}}|2}}}}{{ #vardefine: i | {{ #expr: {{ #var: i }} + 1 }} }}|}}|}}|{{#ifeq:{{#sub:{{{string}}}|{{#var: i}}|1}}|"j"|{{ #expr: {{ #var: i }} + 1|{{ #var: t }}}}{{ #ifexpr: {{ #var: t }} < #len:{{{string}}}|{{#ifeq:{{#sub:{{{string}}}|{{#var: i}}|3}}| jhe |{{transl Ath|c={{{c}}}|s={{{s}}}|comparestring={{#sub:{{{string}}}|{{#var: i}}|3}}}}{{ #vardefine: i | {{ #expr: {{ #var: i }} + 2 }} }}|}}|}}|{{transl Ath|c={{{c}}}|s={{{s}}}|comparestring={{#sub:{{{string}}}|{{#var: i}}|1}}}}{{ #vardefine: i | {{ #expr: {{ #var: i }} + 1 }} }}
    }}}}}}
    }}
    |}}
    ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by ken07 6/29/2015, 6:51 am

1. Ok, let me give it a try. Is this the sole format or is there any other complex format? However my thought is if you already have Baronh-English terms (from book or else) why don't automatically convert the whole text/book directly. This will save time from manually translating one by one. I think its possible using software.

2. I still can't really understand about the template though. I'm not really familiar what and how wikimedia engine works, can you point me to example on how it works?

Edit: Ops, seems you have posted the code and wiki for the template engine, I'll have a look at it although it sure seems difficult.
    ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by ken07 6/29/2015, 7:22 am

1. Ok I've got it to work! This is after using my parser
    (帝宮*ルエベイ*)で(艦隊*グラーガー*)
    Also, what does で means, or is it only to separate between different words?

But as I said previously, if you already have Baronh-English or Baronh-Jap terms I can try to automatically convert Baronh terms to Jap/English. Do you have the japanese scans converted to text for BotSV novel?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/29/2015, 1:41 pm

1: Very good mate! Thank you. で means that there's "action" or "time of action".
    There are many such one-letter words like と which means "and".

Just make sure you are using "(«»)" so there won't be collisions with others in the text. PM me the email address I will send you the latest text for conversion, plus the lists.

If you can compile on-the-go a list while replacing the ruby tags for new SNS5 Baronh that would be helpful, too. So I want all results from each step for checking and translation of the new ones. Sometimes translation can fail in places so I need to go back and check and revert.

Read the list instructions! It's important to keep the work/replacement orders and all the letters otherwise it will be chaos.
    ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by ken07 6/29/2015, 5:11 pm

Ok sure,
    I've pm'ed you my email Very Happy
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/29/2015, 10:11 pm

Heavy stuff coming at ya!

This will hopefully half my Baronh translation work. New Baronh is always troublesome to interpret.
    ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by ken07 6/29/2015, 10:20 pm

Thanks very much!
    Can you explain more about the files,

For example can you explain this line?
    フェブダーシュ男爵家(リューミェ・フェブダク) BaronXXFebdashXXFamilyXX(LymjheXXFebdak)

I suppose you gave me page 4 to 11? Is フェブダーシュ男爵家 is the original name in the novel and I need to translate to Baron Fedash Family (Lymjhe Febdax)?

Also, what does the bracket means in the novel text?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/29/2015, 11:24 pm

フェブダーシュ男爵家(リューミェ・フェブダク)
    =>
    BaronXXFebdashXXFamilyXX(LymjheXXFebdak)
    This is what I need.

Baron Febdash Family (Lymjhe Febdak)
    This is after everything has been translated

original text is for example
    I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary Horizo10
    I've created an iOS app for Baronh-English Dictionary Vertic10
    フェブダーシュ男爵家^リューミェ・フェブダク
    ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by ken07 6/29/2015, 11:40 pm

Thanks, I got it now. From the raw for example this words
    平«ヤ»)(面«・»)(宇«フ»)(宙«ァ»)(図«ド») will become
    plane-space projectionmap(Ja Fad)

Is it possible if you leave the raw to just 平面宇宙図 in the future, I think thats what written in the novel right? because I can parse the name and automatically translate it I suppose. I'll try to finish the parser today and give you results.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/30/2015, 1:48 am

Yes, that would be like the Tokyopop translation and that's why it's bad because:
    1: There's no more Baronh
    2: People will be missing out the experience (pain Twisted Evil )
    3: The editor decides randomly to have here or there Baronh or english
    4: The same translators write the same Baronh term differently in each book
    5: People get confused because they don't understand what that term means
    6: The enjoyment and flavor of the Seikai world is lost.

If you leave things like in the original it's easier to understand and see the errors.
    ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by ken07 6/30/2015, 2:08 am

Haha I'm still waiting for my Tokyopop novel to arrive. I plan to create an app to ease the pain Smile

However what I mean is, I think for example I think original novel used this words 平面宇宙図 right? Then you changed it to be like this 平«ヤ»)(面«・»)(宇«フ»)(宙«ァ»)(図«ド»)?

If you leave as it is still possible to translate it to English if you provide the baronh and english translation, also I only need to parse it one time only if you leave it like that, although it does not really matter though.

Anyway I've done creating the parser, don't know if it works correctly though, please do check the translation below.
    Also, there seems untranslated words such as 近衛艦隊?

Pg 9,
    (近衛艦隊)の戦いを後方から見守っている者たちがいた。
     一隻の patrol warship (Résic) が戦況確認のため出張っていたのである。
     激しくうねる spacetime particle (Supflasath) 流のおかげで plane-space projection map (Ja Fad) は乱れたが、 patrol warship (Résic) に乗り組んでいた、熟練の分析官たちは戦況をほぼ正確に読みとった。
     彼らは(近衛艦隊)の壊滅を冷徹に評価し、 communications boat (Peria) を翔ばして、 Capital (Arosh) に報じた。
     もちろん、彼らの存在に敵も気づいた。
     単独行動の patrol warship (Résic) である。堂々たる艦隊を派遣するのは、鶏を割くのに牛刀を用いるようなもの──そう判断した敵は、態勢を整える片手間に攻撃型駆逐宇宙艦の部隊を派遣した。
     速度に勝る敵部隊は patrol warship (Résic) に襲いかかる。
     その patrol warship (Résic) はたちまち爆散した。
     もちろん、命懸けで情報を収集していたのは、その patrol warship (Résic) だけではなかった。数隻の patrol warship (Résic) や communications ship (Longia) が Kryp Sord (Sord Crÿbh) と敵艦隊のあいだに配置されていた。
     敵艦隊主力が、消費した mine (Hoksath) などの補給を終え、進撃を再開したことも、これらの監視艦艇に把握された。
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/30/2015, 6:51 am

You got the PERFECT version that's why there are ruby tags. With Version 0, 1, 2 you wouldn't be able to do anything. OCR conversion is complicated and even with the best software the results are worse than this. Just accept it as is.

Yes, in between there are some without the Baronh. Not many. That's why there are several replace versions. That's why you must replace the long terms first.

Looks good but
    Please keep the "XX" don't remove them.

Even after this work step we are still far from being finished.
    My next work step would be to have each sentence in one line.
    The paragraphs block are kept as is. This makes it easier to check back with the books.
    Then find and translate new Baronh terms.
    And since Morioka writes a it in an esthetic and higher level of literature
    I need to get 4 translation versions done and select the best variations to be the final version.
    ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by ken07 6/30/2015, 8:23 am

I've sent you email for full translated version for the texts you gave me and keep XX, of course only with the available Baronh translation.

For incomplete translated baronh terms, I have leave it untranslated.

Also, does the Baronh translation you gave me also includes all translated baronh such as from abhnation also? because I can't use the translation from abhnation because it does not have japanese words.

Can you give me and example of the OCR, I want see if I can do anything about it.
    Also, can we discuss future conversation in email or pm? I think its better that way.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/30/2015, 8:53 am

cheers Thank you! Very Happy

lutfi wrote:
    Also, does the Baronh translation you gave me also includes all translated baronh such as from abhnation also? because I can't use the translation from abhnation because it does not have japanese words.
    No.
    Exactly!
    The Abhnation list is not complete even for SNM1-3.
    There's is no complete list. Most complete list is at the translation site at bakatsuki. It's still missing around 1000-1500 entries.

lutfi wrote:
    Can you give me and example of the OCR, I want see if I can do anything about it.
    Also, can we discuss future conversation in email or pm? I think its better that way.
    Sure. I will give you some example from nearly every step for SNS4.
    But everything's done so far. So you don't need to do anything else, hopefully.
    Sure. Either is fine with me.

ken07
    2nd class crewman
    2nd class crewman

Post by ken07 6/30/2015, 10:05 am

You're welcome!
    Great, I've pm'ed you, we can discuss more there.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/30/2015, 10:43 am

Check mail/PM.

The examples are best OCR...100x better than omni...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 2:53 am