Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

Overview of clothes and equipment for sports and active life (fishing, hunting, travel, combat etc )

AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12402
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Overview of clothes and equipment for sports and active life (fishing, hunting, travel, combat etc ) Empty Overview of clothes and equipment for sports and active life (fishing, hunting, travel, combat etc )

Post by AlexT 3/29/2009, 5:28 pm

I'm not sure if i named topic correctly, but what i
    wanted to review here is all the stuff you wear or take with you when
    you go to forest, mountains, desert, hunting, fishing etc. Or just the stuff you wear daily - if you got something you liked and find it durable and well built - let others know!

I'd start by advertising these boots that i found very good. I used more generic boots until my supplier recommended this brand - "Altama Footwear", here's couple of models i liked a lot:
    These are very durable:
    Overview of clothes and equipment for sports and active life (fishing, hunting, travel, combat etc ) 6454_lg

And these are very soft and make very little of noise:
    Overview of clothes and equipment for sports and active life (fishing, hunting, travel, combat etc ) A3354_lg

I found these on internet when i was trying to find their real price and it appears thay they cost just around 100$. And why i didn't move to US when i had the chance?

As for usage...well - i'd say that these are good for medium temperatures. It's still ok to wear them when it's hot, if you're in desertthe sand as well as vegetation in forest will be more of a trouble than heat, but you'll need something different for north, especialy snow - better find something else.

Anyway - here's complete list and pics of all boots of this company. There's tons of other great equipment they make.
    Site
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 12584
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Overview of clothes and equipment for sports and active life (fishing, hunting, travel, combat etc ) Empty Re: Overview of clothes and equipment for sports and active life (fishing, hunting, travel, combat etc )

Post by JGZinv 3/29/2009, 10:47 pm

Yeah we actually use those in industrial uses, there's a steel toed version that looks just like it.
    Cops and light military also use them.

If you want to move to the US, I've got a room you can rent out ^_^

For my entry... I'll add Kinsington Contour cases for laptops.
    http://us.kensington.com/html/1415.html

They'll take a beating, hold more than they claim, and are the most comfortable to carry
    or roll about as I've ever had.

Also - Victorinox Swiss Army multitools
    http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Pages/Product.aspx?category=swisstool&product=53800&
    Can't go wrong there... also quite hard to bust up.

AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Overview of clothes and equipment for sports and active life (fishing, hunting, travel, combat etc ) Empty Re: Overview of clothes and equipment for sports and active life (fishing, hunting, travel, combat etc )

Post by AlexT 3/30/2009, 4:35 pm

Nice cases for laptops, though there are laptops made to be thrown around. I used couple of Thoughbooks, but they're expensive and it's just easier to replace regular ones more often unless it's used to operate some other equipment.

Oh my, knives.... I guess i can't stand aside here. Multitools are nice, though i prefer these: Mercworx HSCKDE or russian "masterful busurman". US millitary knives are nice all-arounders, but average in steel quality and hard to throw. Of course one should choose knife based on weight and length of hand so true combat knife is usualy never larger than twice the length of your hand. It's like a shoes - the best ones are those that let you dance.

And thanks, JGZniv, i'll keep that room in mind, until i buy a nice house at least - i heard they're cheap these days. Smile
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 3/30/2009, 6:49 pm

Well I got a cat... but she's friendly. Smile

Really I don't get into throwing knives often... so I need something that
    cuts, slices, and does half a dozen functions. I might be cutting drywall one
    minute, cutting a rubber hose, stripping some electrical wire, or taking apart
    a computer the next.

With the saw blade on that tool, I've cut 6 inch wide limbs off trees. So she's pretty
    decent.

Mercworks knife looks decent as a survival knife.

AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 3/31/2009, 6:31 am

Yes, that multitool is great actualy, it's just different things - the ones i mentioned are combat knives so you want to have both. But i'm not going to wilderness without one. It's of no use in civilized part of world i guess, but it's not where i am. Smile My friend who's hunter was attacked more than once, thankfuly since he served for 10 years in MIA so he could resolve it with bare hands, but still..

As for mercworks - it's purely combat knife, it's full name is "hand made sniper combat knife double edged". It's best i ever had - got it as birthday gift. Looks like it cost a lot though.

Ok, since we have knives, notebook and boots - we need tent Smile
    The one i always have with me look like this but not exactly this model (ECOTAT®️ "FREEDOM SHELTER").
    Overview of clothes and equipment for sports and active life (fishing, hunting, travel, combat etc ) ECOTAT
    - mine is even smaller and can be easily used as tent, coat, bag etc. and is much more elegant/thin. It's of not much use these days, since i don't go alone often, but you want to have something like this in boot of your suv or on your shoulder.
    Other one i had experience with are heavy millitary models, so if anyone can suggest a nice tourist tent it would be great.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 4/30/2009, 4:45 pm

Hey Alex what would you suggest for a really bright flashlight under about $20 USD?
    I know it should be LED, but I'm lack for info on where to look for flashlight suggestions.

It doesn't have to tactical or anything, just need a good one for getting into tight spaces and
    some really dark hives of computer wiring.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 5:09 am