Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+2
lymhfeubdach
Jinto125
6 posters

Seikai Wikia Page Developments

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18924
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Seikai Wikia Page Developments - Page 3 Empty Re: Seikai Wikia Page Developments

Post by Almael 2/10/2014, 5:38 pm

Hmm, the wiki could need more quotes especially the little stories.

Btw. I found an offline editor for wikis: Gwennel Web
    http://gwennel.com/gwennel-web/
    It's still in version 0.5 but quite complete imho. In any case, there's no better one available and or as easy to use. It's even easier than MS word.
    There are advanced editors requiring geek skillz to make them work, though. Even for me they are impractical or rather too much terminal geeky.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4168
    Imperial Credits : 17782
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Seikai Wikia Page Developments - Page 3 Empty Re: Seikai Wikia Page Developments

Post by mitsuki lover 2/12/2014, 2:35 pm

More quotes would be fun.Especially Spoor quotes.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/14/2014, 7:48 am

Yeah.

Added article about Abh names. Updated with latest insight compared to nonchan's orginial. Well, still need some work but it should do for now.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/2/2014, 1:25 pm

Finally went back and looked at the wiki over the weekend.Read Spoor's profile.Are you sure with all that haggling ability she isn't at least part Ferengi? Laughing 
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/19/2015, 5:42 pm

Definitely not! If anything the Spoor created the Ferengi. Razz
    The Spoor are proud about winning conversation whether it's chatter or haggling. Laughing

I just realized the wiki is larger than most other anime wikis. o.O
    >_>
    <_<
    even larger than the Yamato wiki.
    And there aren't even all the characters in there just the main ones.
    I don't think I got the time these days so I think I will put up all the incomplete ones soon. Some got lost due to a drive failure a few months ago, though. I dunno how many of the 100-200 small pages in the works can be found in another drive. Let's see what I can still find.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/22/2015, 1:17 pm

Well, I planned to do something on the weekend but
    shoutwiki updated their mediawiki engine to version 1.25
    which happened to be buggy and they rolled it back.
    The server went down just after I started, hence, I couldn't do more than minor edits.

So I surfed at wikia a bit and helped out a bit on the other classics animes.
    I stumbled over Hyperdimensional Neptunia which got nearly 2000 pages! Shocked
    How the heck does a brainless fan-service game-consoles advertising flick show get so many people working on it?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/22/2015, 2:09 pm

scratch

That be a good question.Maybe all the fan-service explains it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/24/2015, 1:38 pm

Well, I didn't bother to take a closer look but I wouldn't be surprised if there are lsiting of the three or fours sizes for the girls. There's probably a lot about the game, too. Not that I care.

It appears Wikkii.net is gone. From what I read they let it die out by not renewing their license. That's a shame. Wikkii had a well managed wikimedia engine. I really did consider moving the wiki there way back, but once I saw the numerous ghost wikis they had...well, I decided on shoutwiki.
    Now, I think Noewiki would have been the better choice. I'm not saying shoutwiki is bad but there are things to be desired. I kind of leaning toward wanting to setup another copy of the wiki there to make sure the wiki won't be gone. Going back to wikia is no option as its version is too "primitive" and too bothersome to update. It's just easier to slap on a new copy.

Right now shoutwiki seems to suffer from the failed update. It's off from time to time. And it seems some things are broken now. The tables that can pull-down or hide don't work anymore. They are all pulled-down. I will put up request for those features sometime later, giving them some leeway since they aren't that necessary. But I want the baronh parser to work again. Right now, even the simple version doesn't show results even though I know it works.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/26/2015, 2:31 pm

Alright, I have added the anime episodes and series pages, the founding family pages, and some anime character pages....in process of breaking the 500 mark and going on toward 600 (maybe Razz ).
    I couldn't ID some of the listed characters on the various series pages. So some dozen(s) are still missing. It's just due to translation/spelling problems.

Frankly, lots of descriptive text is missing but the structures and all is set properly. So anyone who has the time at hand can just write away and fill in the blanks.

There are still some 233 wanted articles listed...of which 50 or so don't matter. I will take care of the difficult ones. This is probably the last time I'm doing a major expansion.

Navigation is currently provided by the categories (links at the bottom of articles).
    Or search bar
    Or simply use http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Special:Allpages
    Protals would be nicer and some are, actually, there but they need lots of intro/guide text... -_-;
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12445
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Post by spoor356 6/5/2016, 2:21 am

I have returned for a time if only just to review and try to relearn what I have done. Sorry to have been gone so long.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/19/2016, 9:06 pm

Welcome back!
    Good to have you working on it again.

Please register and login, use http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
    Let me know so I can promote you.

important login to read
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 9/20/2016, 6:44 pm

Mr. Raven (Raven356) is back up and editing once more. Sluggishly mind you, but I will attempt to help with what I can and resume my pride projects primarily. I will see if I may constructively spread the word as well of the series and our work.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/21/2016, 12:56 pm

Haven't visited the wiki for awhile anything new worthy looking at?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/21/2016, 2:52 pm

Take your time the wiki is one of the biggest ones around (for ordinary fan wiki). Wink

Nah, I haven't edited for a while.
    I usually do it on the fly and in a few sessions or days, creating a bunch of pages.
    It's only the typo fixing stuff that I do on the side when I see them or have feature ideas. These stuff gets lost because I don't put them up right away and they tend to stay around on my computer only and get forgotten, miss out on backups etc.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 9/21/2016, 10:47 pm

Ok, then I will need information on Spoor post Phantom Flame and Kotoponi since I am gathering Kotoponi becomes encircled. I am trying to iron out some thoughts. I will get to proofreading.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 9/23/2016, 1:38 am

The blasted page for Trife is giving me a 503, and now the other pages will not load. So . . . I will place a back up copy here

I will work on Kotoponi, Ramaj, and perhaps two of the battles post-Hunter next.

Trife's Page:
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/23/2016, 7:38 am

@Raven: you got rights now. You should be able to upload images. Asks if something's wrong or need help.

Take a look at the timeline, war, Operation Phoenix, Abh, galaxy pages, and the animated svg map of the war.
    Should give an overview of the events you need to know that's going.
    Most military operation should be listed or use the category links.

Yeah, you should write the raw text on your computer to make sure things don't get lost due to bad connection. Will post the my temp texts for them below. I don't remember what I did change etc. so look what you can do with them.

Things you could look at or work on:
    I would like to have the categories hierarchically organized and more detailed/more grained or precise for ease of searches but haven't had the time to do so. It can easily become messy if the system's not well thought-out. Also many category pages need descriptions (most safe thing to do). The wiki could need those quick link boxes at the bottom like wikipedia for further navigation. The anime show episode pages need some details or descriptions. The ships and their categories need updated!
    I tried to add the japanese writing for completion (correct reference in case of romanization conflict), as well as Baronh writing but the template won't work for special cases. So the code is there in the articles but doesn't get activated. This will save time later when it works. You should learn how to write templates. They are most important aside from creating articles.

Trife:
    Spoiler:

Kotoponi
    Spoiler:
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 9/23/2016, 4:39 pm

Right now what I need is information on Kotoponi. I will sit down and try to write out a full page. I've finished on Trife's page, which has a lot more detail now. It's still a short page, but it feels like a fully-fleshed out minor character now.

Kotoponi may be similarly short, but there are details I wish to include. I will have to also work on lengthening the page for Ramaj. That just leaves the question if she should include the spoiler aspects of the history in, since the Battle of Lakfakalle is on "The War" page, but has nothing written on it in detail.

I've luckily in these years developed further as a military historian so I will work on content and not so much code. It may take some time.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 9/24/2016, 3:01 pm

Hello there,

I will soon be adding images to our archive; however, it has been ages since I've programmed on the board. Here is a current update of what I have done and what I plan to do.

Finishing Article for Admiral Kotoponi. I have not yet added trivia or personality yet, but her military service background is almost done

Finishing Article for Admiral Trife. I noticed there's a bit more I left undone, since I recall writing a section on his personality. It may have been removed, but I will add it back in from my back up.

Editing Article for Abriel Ramaj. Her article has large gaps in it. In the meantime I will remove some of the headings to clean it up a bit and try to improve it's overall quality by including more details about her in the Cease-Fire and Post Operation-Hunter efforts.

Battle of Lakfakalle. I am filling in way more details on Operation Phoenix, which I feel was left hanging. I am giving details that would logically following from what I've been told happens as an end result, but if any of it contradicts what may be in the novels let me know.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/24/2016, 4:40 pm

Just do it. Same is true for wikipedia. I'll proofread whenever I have the time (more often now since we're active Wink )

Just check the history, but I don't think Trife' article lost anything. Well, I left many headings for future edits and it's a standard format/lineup. I just wanted to keep consistency as well as making it visible what's missing or where work is needed.

Yeah, I edit templates a lot cause you can't test them without saving both articles a templates whichs means 2+x edits then necessary. Take a look at the referencing and other non-visible code in the raw articles. I would like to keep that higher standard and update old articles (whenever I see it missing).
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 9/24/2016, 9:15 pm

I watched the animated map Graphic. It looks like for Operation Twin Thorns, that there were multiple advances by the 11th Fleet and enemy fleet at one gate prior to a breakthrough. So if some details can be provided, I'll need them before fleshing out that operation.

I also noticed just after both the battle of Cryb and Abriel, that the animation ends with red text. Can someone tell me what that is? I believe I know an article that will follow up after Operation Pheonix, but I do not know what to call it. I see that Spoor has a fleet that interdicts and destroys the fleet pursuing Dusanyu, yet I do not know if she and Dusanyu come about and attempt to relieve Kotoponi.

I've finished more or less editing Kotoponi and Trife. I need to add his image later. I have no trivia for Trife yet.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/24/2016, 10:36 pm

The 11th Twin Thorns Fleet engaged enemy forces at Mairal gate over weeks from the Elkon gate (SNS4 ch9).

Red text means "the end of simulation" if I recall (Cots ep1).
    http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Operation_Phoenix
    Spoor destroyed fleets pursuing the fleeing fleets from Lakfakalle. We need to update multiple articles here (Lafiel <= Gaftonosh_Dourado_(ship)).
    No, that is unknown or rather still sketchy. It appears Kotoponi has a plan in taking certain gates either to establish a foothold or reconnect with the Kryp Kingdom.
    Then Abriel Dubeusec, stuck in the Skiil Kingdom, may be preparing to attempt to connect to the galactic center and make a break for Kotoponi. This part is unclear because we know Twin Thorns was meant to have established the connection to the galactic core. But nothing is said whether that part succeeded or not before the Alliance struck back. It's only said he's stuck there and the Kingdoms are virtually isolated from each other.
    Dusanyu is unlikely to do anything himself. He's the new Emperor now and has work to do other than fighting.
    My guess is Admiral Rekef will be in charge. Spoor, Bebaus will probably be promoted and let lose.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/25/2016, 7:14 am

I've referenced and corrected some on Operation Phoenix, Trife. Haven't looked at Kotoponi. Gosh looking up japanese reference is taking too long.
    We need some new maps highlighting the nations like wikipedia, I guess I will be reusing the war map. Will do later...
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 9/25/2016, 8:48 am

Hello there,

I will provide content wherever I can. I hope the new article on the Battle of Lakfakalle is a good read now. On any note, I may return to some of the articles above, but I think I will touch up the Bebaus pages today, take it easy so to speak.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 9/26/2016, 2:58 pm

The writing of new content directly on the page is delayed at the moment. I am going to include some things I plan to add or will need review soon.

Notes:

Operation Pheonix may likely need to be placed under a new larger page (which will be linked on The War page). This page given the later novels should probably be called the "Lakfakalle Campaign" since the Second Battle of Aptic was renamed some time ago into the Aptic Campaign.

Addition to Spoor's page under "Later Military Career"

To Be Named: Battle of Gate Lakfakalle

Following her hiatus from frontline duty, her next known action found the Empire in crisis following Operation Phoenix. With the enemy at the gates of the capital and Kotoponi's fleet surrounded, she found herself in a position to make one of two critical decisions. She chose to relieve Dusanyu's escaping column, and with her spearhead attempt to interdict pursuing Alliance forces and their efforts to maintain the corridor in which they came.

Dusanyu's force replete with refugees was unable to link up with Spoor's fleet, which advanced regardless of reinforcement. The enemy she confronted lacked the decisive firepower to attempt to both destroy the Home Fleet remnants and penetrate Spoor's line, which held and repulsed their attack. Soon the Alliance retreated back to Lakfakalle, where Spoor would begin besieging enemy units within.

With her victory, she had taken the Empire from a position of serious strategic danger to reacquiring the initiative. This on a more personal note also represented the second time Spoor came to the aid of an Abriel successfully in the face of formidable enemy.

Nefee Bebaus

Nefee Bebaus is the twin brother of Nereis Bebaus, and has served typically as Chief of Staff of his brother's command. He has served with distinction during Operation Phantom Flame, and Operation Hunter.

Early Life

The Bebaus family has a reputation for what is called "Spectacular Insanity". Whether this reputation is justified by action in battle of business is not clearly known. Nefee appears to have no such insanity, often having a steadfast and serious manner in addressing tasks. He often acts as his brother's foil; often acting on impulse.

Neither he no his brother Nereis are career officers. Even though his brother seizes more opportunities by his more impulse nature, Nefee often exercises restraint and calculation. They both had primarily private political and business careers prior to The War.

Military Career and Operation Phantom Flame

Nefee as a noble would see military service soon, but little action even following the outbreak of The War. In ICY 952 Nefee was appointed by Nereis as his Chief of Staff following training and assignment into the Empire's forces. Even with a command, their reputation likely prevented them from being ordered into combat despite the need for frontline units.

In ICY 955, Kilo-Commander Nefee would preside and advise over Nereis's command of Defense Fleet Aptic, during the Aptic Campaign. Neither having seen much combat, Dusanyu appointed them to lead the defense so that he would have more veteran commanders at his disposal. Political and military critics within and without their crew questioned this strategic decision.

Once given their orders, the Bebaus brothers took the most reasonable and sound action in combat in and effort to finally rid themselves of this reputation of "spectacular insanity". Nefee advised and coordinated the lines of battle laid out by Nereis. There was some alarm concerning Nereis attempted to order the defense fleet to charge; however, Nefee reminded him of their dire situation and advised that they hold their ground until the battle ended.

Operation Hunter

In ICY 955, following the success of the Aptic Campaign, both Nefee and Nereis would receive promotions and assignments to command the 4th Fleet Hunter, Nefee still Chief of Staff, now as an Admiral. He calculated some of the risks of their rapid advance, now Nereis had command of an offensive, a campaign he preferred. The logistics of the operation stretched his force and Trife's 21st fleet thin, resulting in an attempted breakthrough by the United Mankind at Lobnas II.

Nefee and Nereis still completed their operations successfully, linking up with Imperial Admiral Abriel Dubeusec, and with Trife's capture of an enemy fleet at Salks. They would continue to serve well throughout the war effectively as a command of two.

end for now

That's all for now my great people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 1:09 pm