Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+2
lymhfeubdach
Jinto125
6 posters

Seikai Wikia Page Developments

spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12447
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Seikai Wikia Page Developments - Page 7 Empty Re: Seikai Wikia Page Developments

Post by spoor356 10/25/2016, 10:12 am

I am back.

I was not able to visit the Angelfire site, but I will do that later I hope today after I work on my Comprehensive Exams. That being said, I can change the output to something else. I can say light, moderate, heavy, etc. types of output, try to describe it by the firepower it can withstand instead, since of course I don't use the MM or CM thickness of the armor as a measure of it since we don't have that data.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18926
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Seikai Wikia Page Developments - Page 7 Empty Re: Seikai Wikia Page Developments

Post by Almael 10/25/2016, 11:42 am

Yeah, that's better. I think it would also be better to say the rating is meant for a single hit e.g. one shot instead of from a stream of bullet. But it's still sketchy and broadly since the power difference of a small ship and a large ship are vast, same for individual weapons.

On the other side creating a fixed rating system runs the danger of becoming obsolete or contradicted later on. That is if we go along common layman thinking.
    Shield and weapons are or have to be related for the rating... We only have to deal with light intensity and kinetic energy; all the same for the shield. The problem is the right power level equation (non-linear) that fits laser and plasma weapons. And use the scaling graphic in Diaho's article for visual representation. I need to re-install a few programs here...
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/25/2016, 7:23 pm

There are some things that need be addressed and fixed within the ships articles.

Roil-class
    EM-Pimrary => I think you mean the anti-proton cannon as primary weapon
    The whole "Technology and Systems Characteristics" section is off-topic and more related to console control features. You should take a look at Jane's all the world's aircraft for an example (or more detailed books). You can move the content to the (I think) console/workstation sections or articles referred somewhere in
    http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Abh_technology
    Edit: I'm going to rewrite the Roil-class article as an example with all the features tomorrow.

Lauth-Class
    are the latest line of ships produced in Cots. Non of the others are said to be in production. At the end the listing also makes it clear without saying more. See http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Shipyard
    Therefore, some being in mothball is wrong. For the same reason none are stripped to serve as transport. A ship in mothball is already stripped, hence, it's practical to reactivate it as transport or whatever.
    Training ships are usually fully armed with every type of weapons, at least one system per type.

Byrsh-Class & Bilsh-Class
    as per above are no longer in production! Although, guessing it's reasonable to believe the Byrsh predates the Bilsh. Or maybe they are related in a dual system as in the F-22 & F-35.
    There are no "sister-classes" this is a layman misconception.
    There are "sister ships" of a class and major changes do creates variants of their own class. This is the only exception where sister classes can be applied.
    See
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEKO [different engines/setup]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maersk_Triple_E_class [lengthen/extended]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gowind-class_corvette [different configuration]

spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/26/2016, 9:15 am

Fair enough, I am glad you caught those. I just lacked the depth to describe related classes of ship. I didn't think a majority of those classes would be out of production considering the Blish and Byrsh classes seem to see extensive use still. Anyway, I look forward to your edits so I can try to flesh out those articles. At least now they're more descriptive than before.

Not sure what I will work on today since this week has gone horribly. I will see what I can do.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/26/2016, 9:25 pm

Done, but missing lots of images. I will upload them tomorrow.
    Content organization is probably not perfect and still more information from the anime could be gleamed and added (according to my old Laburec Library). For example, more details about the anti-proton cannon, sensors, food/drinks dispensers...

(And it appears half of my theory work stuff on shields (in general) is gone ;_; At least the phaser stuff is still available. It will be hard to backtrack.)

spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/27/2016, 12:22 am

Hello there,

I saw some of the changes, I hope to have more done soon. I am really not feeling too happy.

As an aside, I need to know which battle came first: Dinin or Skiil
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/27/2016, 12:44 pm

The anime provides plenty of information for the Roil class. Just need to get things in order and write up. This is gonna be a very long article (perhaps the longest of all).
    The Dinin battle takes place about the same time as Lakfakalle but it appears first in SNS5. So Skiil has to take place after both, regardless.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/27/2016, 12:47 pm

Perfect, I can continue editing the Operation Snow Crystal then as I have it organized as that already. It's a bit disjointed though since the information I can only infer from the separate articles on Jamupeel, 5th Fleet, and 1st Fleet Snow Crystal.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/27/2016, 2:30 pm

Jamupeel, Operation Snow Crystal, and Abriel Duhir's pages are updated and include new changes and speculation. On any note, I should probably find a way to back up the whole archive of the articles that are complete someplace. I will turn to you for help with that. Now I have 4 new articles I should be writing soon, more red is showing up now. That's fine though, shows we're covering stuff that needs to be done.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/27/2016, 11:39 pm

Uploaded images for the Roil-calls. Wasted too much time making them.
    No problem with red links. I rather know what's missing then not knowing anything.

We have to request a backup to be made. It should take a weekend and be uploaded on the web archive.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/28/2016, 11:06 am

While trying (unsuccessfully) to recover my star trek shield theory stuff, I have got all I need for the Seikai universe version.
    The question how should the article be named or should there be a hierarchic linking to the specific tech or version.
    For example 'Shield system' -> 'Magnetic shield' this would cover all possibilities...
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/28/2016, 12:08 pm

Shielding -> EM Shields
    or

Shields -> Magnetic Shielding

That being said, magnetic shielding implies more against EMP or things like that, akin to what some government electronics are shielded in, so clarification may be needed. It might be better to name them for what they can best resist:

Shielding -> Anti-Energy Shielding/Shields

I imagine if you need a tech tree so to speak, you can have it arranged as

==Sheilding==

===Magnetic Shielding===

===Sensor (or Stealth) Shielding===

===Projectile (or Kinetic) Shielding===

===Multitype Shields===

I feel we should cover as much as possible like you said, and we don't need to be terribly detailed. I recommend it be broad so we can summarize the history of shielding in ships.

As an aside, hopefully we can find Jamupeel's other name (First, Last, I don't know which is missing) for 5th Fleet Snow Crystal.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/28/2016, 1:36 pm

Battle of Dinin Gate now exists. Yay!
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/28/2016, 9:04 pm

Shields it is.
    Still in the works but feel free to list things for processing. There is a lot of ground to cover for each section even if the real details are left out. We should be careful threading into the arena of armor.
    I will keep to the scientific/technical area with perhaps a little history. You can cook up the military stories. Laughing

Well, I'll leave the Battle of Dinin be as I have no further information at this time.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 11/9/2016, 10:41 am

Hello there,

Touch ups have been done on some of the articles, including the touching apocryphal quote. Anyway, I need to think of when I will edit the Lakfakalle Campaign article and when I will compose the Stand of the Guard. Need to focus some on grad work after my vacation, but I will get to it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/9/2016, 1:56 pm

No need ti hurry. I'm busy with other life things, too.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 11/10/2016, 2:01 pm

Lakfakalle Campaign page is coming through slowly, but surely.

I will write the stand articles soon enough, and perhaps more quotes to be shoved in to these new pages. talk to you later.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 11/10/2016, 3:09 pm

The Lakfakalle Campaign is finished. Proofreading may be needed, but I've gotten it done at long last. Now to double back through the other major operations to see if there's anything I missed. I need to revisit Ramaj's page and make a handful of edits potentially. Abriel Lafiel's page will need edits to reflect her roll during Operation Phoenix.

I may rename Spoor's Assault/7th Fleet's Counterattack to the Battle of Sotoryuru Gate; or the Battle of the Abriel-Sotoryuru Sord.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/11/2016, 5:34 pm

Well, done.

Actually, it's the Barke sord of the Barke Kingdom. Remember all kingdom sords lead to Lakfakalle. Sotoryuru is a major military district/base in the system of the same name. For now it seems each kingdom has one such major HQ base. The same kind of base we saw in Bots where they assembled the forces.
    http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Sotoryuru_system
    http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Sotoryuru_Naval_Base
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 11/11/2016, 8:04 pm

So just to be clear then, Sotoryuru would be in the Barke Kingdom, and though the battle is taking place between the gates, it would be best to name it the Battle of Barke Sord?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/11/2016, 10:18 pm

Yes. Well,normally, it would be called Battle of x-sea
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Coral_Sea
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Philippine_Sea
    I don't know if Barke Sea is anywhere correct in the Seikai universe. On the other side calling it battle of the Barke Kingdom isn't and it might be coming later on. In this case I think it's more appropriate to go back and rather refer to the fleet intervention/action than binding it to the one place. If you take the convoy battles as examples they aren't named with this battle-something scheme-naming. They refer to HX.229 or SC.222 (the mission) just like space shuttle's STS121. Very Happy
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 11/14/2016, 1:08 pm

The Stand of the Imperial Guard is done.

I will keep the title of 7th Fleet's Coutnerattack as is, I will just include some of the alternatives in bold in the heading as usual. I may write that today, I don't know, but at the moment I feel the stand article is well done more or less. Sadly not as detailed likely because it's one part of the Battle of Lakfakalle. I hope the 6th book comes out soon.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 11/14/2016, 1:48 pm

Dubeusec and Lexshue's pages are updated to include Duhir and I imagine I will edit that more or remove Duhir since many of my assumptions tend to be wrong sometimes. Anyway, more edits to come.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 11/14/2016, 4:54 pm

spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 11/17/2016, 4:18 pm

Holy Moly O_O we had a lot of character pages that were untouched or created on a whim:

(diff | hist) . . Lexshue Gleria‎; 20:16 . . (+514)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎ [rollback]
    (diff | hist) . . Sobaash Juth‎; 20:08 . . (-1)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎ (→‎Personality: Spelling of Gurinshia) [rollback]
    (diff | hist) . . Sobaash Juth‎; 20:07 . . (+3,611)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎
    (diff | hist) . . m Samson Tirusec‎; 19:53 . . (0)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎ [rollback]
    (diff | hist) . . Ekuryua Nath‎; 19:41 . . (+522)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎ [rollback]
    (diff | hist) . . m Ekuryua Naurh‎; 19:36 . . (+49)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎ [rollback]
    (diff | hist) . . Ekuryua Naurh‎; 19:35 . . (+4,466)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎
    (diff | hist) . . Gurinshia‎; 18:59 . . (+1,174)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎ [rollback]
    (diff | hist) . . Gurinshia‎; 18:19 . . (+292)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎
    (diff | hist) . . Rakash‎; 18:12 . . (+1,914)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎ [rollback]
    (diff | hist) . . Saigroil‎; 18:00 . . (+1,070)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎ [rollback]
    (diff | hist) . . Recon Mission at Wimple‎; 17:56 . . (+46)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎ [rollback]
    (diff | hist) . . m Jamupeel‎; 17:13 . . (+75)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎ [rollback]
    (diff | hist) . . m 7th Fleet (Phoenix)‎; 17:08 . . (+57)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎ [rollback]
    (diff | hist) . . m 7th Fleet (Phoenix)‎; 15:30 . . (+6)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎
    (diff | hist) . . m 7th Fleet (Phoenix)‎; 15:10 . . (+437)‎ . . ‎Raven356 (Talk | contribs | block)‎ (Raven356 Update, Motto Segment added)

Well . . . I have done my best to update as many as possible today. Talk to you later.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 1:40 am