Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
JGZinv
Mr.Misfit
Paul
lymhfeubdach
tanis1lionheart
Almael
10 posters

Seikai no Senki for the PC

Valaquent
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Number of posts : 10
    Imperial Credits : 7694
    Registration date : 2013-10-01

Seikai no Senki for the PC - Page 3 Empty Re: Seikai no Senki for the PC

Post by Valaquent 10/1/2013, 7:29 pm

It sounds rather interesting. There is a distinct lack of games where you can command and interact with the crew of a starship, and most I have seen have really done it half-way.

It is a niche, though... I'm a niche gamer and I know it. Sad

The PS2 game is more expansive, then? Hmm, I may need to get my daughter's Japanese up to speed and make her do some translation... Besides, she'd probably like it as well!

Or, I could just try learning it myself, it wouldn't be the first time I wished I had...
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18924
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 10/1/2013, 9:25 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Well, of the four Seikai games there are you can only get your hands on the PS2 game, and it's about 3700 yen. The (jp) PC game is available as a torrent.
    Go to the Laburec Library for the complete franchise list
    http://www.angelfire.com/anime6/seikai/
    Haven't updated for years but it's still "up to date" or better than most or even Abhnation's outdated list.

Well, there aren't really a lot of places to go inside the ship, and you don't really have the freedom to move about. It's a really old game a la win98 at best. But really well made imho.

I don't know nothing about the PS2 game, thought. It was difficult to get it back then. So I only know bits from the screenshot and descriptions. It definitely has more characters, more ships & larger forces to command and a lot more story details (we all want to know about! seriously) The PC game covered from crest2 to before banner3. The PS2 has more complete story details & places to go.

I don't have the time to take care of the games these days. So if you are going to play, do us all a favor and get down to write about it. And if you are willing I will provide the FAQ of the PC game, and you can complete it with the information for the PS2 game, too. The publish it, maybe we get more fans again. We need new blood.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18924
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 1/23/2014, 12:34 pm

Videos!
    nicovideo OP
    [url=]nicovideo part 1[/url]