Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+2
Almael
Ekuryua
6 posters

Open Invitation to Members of the Seikai Wars Mod Team

Ekuryua
    Ekuryua
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Number of posts : 14
    Imperial Credits : 10997
    Registration date : 2009-03-23

Open Invitation to Members of the Seikai Wars Mod Team Empty Open Invitation to Members of the Seikai Wars Mod Team

Post by Ekuryua 3/23/2009, 3:31 pm

Hello everyone! I am Ekuryua, one of the administrators at
    Project Lafiel. You may
    remember me as Darth Xor from the Abh Nation. Although I left the
    Nation under unfortunate circumstances, I am pleased to say that Acid
    and myself have workout out our differences and reached a mutual peace.

With that in mind, I would like to invite the Seikai Wars Mod Team to
    Project Lafiel. I understand from experience how difficult it can be to
    create a forum from scratch; that is why Project Lafiel is willing to
    host your mod project. We already have an active PHPBB3 forum, which is
    at your disposal. Here is my proposal: We can create a forum or
    subforum for you, customized to meet your specifications (within the
    limits of the PHPBB3 software, of course). The individual or
    individuals who are leading the mod project will be made the moderators
    of that forum. If you wish, we can also create a seperate user group
    specifically for Mod Team members.

Of course, anyone else on these forums who is not part of the mod
    project is also welcome on Project Lafiel. If you have any questions,
    please feel free to register on our
    forums and PM
    them directly to me. I will check this thread occasionally, but the
    fastest way to contact me is via PM. Thanks for your time, and good
    luck with your project!
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18926
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Open Invitation to Members of the Seikai Wars Mod Team Empty Re: Open Invitation to Members of the Seikai Wars Mod Team

Post by Almael 3/23/2009, 3:56 pm

I didn't know the project had a forum. -_-; although, it figures.
    Anyway, from my list of close to ten able members none had been active or even showed up again in a long time. I can only say things for myself and my "results".
    Regarding the project, I will wait for more people to show up before I decide where to move the project or when the time is right.
    Ekuryua
    Ekuryua
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Open Invitation to Members of the Seikai Wars Mod Team Empty Re: Open Invitation to Members of the Seikai Wars Mod Team

Post by Ekuryua 3/23/2009, 4:13 pm

Well, regardless, you're all still welcome at Project Lafiel. The offer to host the mod remains open as long as Lafiel is still around (which, hopefully, will be a long, long time.)
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 12584
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv 3/23/2009, 6:12 pm

I don't plan on remaining admin here unless it's to help fix things round the forum. I'm neither Acid nor the next head of the group. So no need to worry over that.

People that want to become mods or were mods are welcome to say something about re-establishing their roles, I just didn't think we are up to that point yet. Still bug fixing the forum. scratch

Xor you can toss people our way too, looks like we both could use the traffic. Invitation goes both ways. Maybe setup some links or a webring type thing. If you know where the others escaped to, we're around. I actually didn't realize how many people had left or been banned until real recently. Used to talk to FPB off and on, but kinda lost contact.

Maybe you could use a RSS feed like we've got on your board?

Ekuryua
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Post by Ekuryua 3/23/2009, 8:02 pm

Given the Abh Nation's low activity level of late, I'm not sure if the English Seikai fan community is large enough to keep two forums going. I suggest we consolidate everyone on one forum (Project Lafiel) as much as possible, and use that forum as a starting point for the various other projects we're working on (the mod, the wiki, etc.) At the very least, it will facilitate better communication between the various fan projects and those working on them.

Of course, if you want to keep this site going, we'll link to each other. I just think our best bet is to focus on one forum for the time being.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 3/23/2009, 8:34 pm

I don't think it's a bad idea.. but looking at your forum... what has it that we do not? Basically,
    why not the other way around Xor? Categories are easy to make, as are redirects to front pages
    or site indexes.

Only benefit I see there is the fact you have a basic site up already. The portal here
    has advantages and disadvantages. But we've got the option of phpBB2, 3 and IPB.
    Perhaps you're hosted on your own space?

Trying to look at things objectively, not a "my stick is bigger" comparison.

Ultimately it's up to the members themselves, I'm just the mechanic. ^_^

Ekuryua
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Post by Ekuryua 3/23/2009, 9:26 pm

Well, let me list what Project Lafiel already has.

--Registered Domain (www.projectlafiel.net)

--Hosted on our own space (Lafiel has an account with the same company that hosts The Abh Nation)

--Mambo front-end (our basic site, which has been online for nearly 2 years and has several articles already written; in a Google search for "Lafiel", our site ranks fourth. Similarly, in searches for common Barohn terms such as Elukufa, Sneseb or Hoksath, Lafiel almost always ranks first)

--Fully-updated PHPBB3 forums, already completely configured, with 26 members, over 500 posts and 16 skins.

--Aviator's short stories (posted on the forums)

--An excellent and experienced administrator who keeps the site extremely secure and backs it up every night (username Diaho)

To paraphrase, Project Lafiel is fully configured and ready to accept an influx of new members. You don't have to worry about administrating, coding or setting up anything because it's already been done.
    Jinto
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Number of posts : 47
    Imperial Credits : 11186

Post by Jinto 3/23/2009, 11:47 pm

Some of us AN members are making accounts on other forums and are making groups as well I am apart of one of the groups don't know about the others.
    Jinto
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto 3/23/2009, 11:48 pm

Also Ekuryua/Xor if the mods from AN come there even with other members can we resume our posts there like here if we want?
    Ekuryua
    Ekuryua
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Post by Ekuryua 3/24/2009, 12:25 am

I'm not quite sure if I understand that last question, Jinto. If you're asking about posting restrictions, I've already agreed with Acid that any AN members who come over to Lafiel are free to post whatever they want. Of course, we have some basic rules... the boards are rated PG-13, we ask members not to post their full names (for privacy reasons), and we try to avoid explicit profanity. Other than that, you can post anything on Lafiel that you did on the Nation... even the old Abh Blogs, if you really want to.

If your asking about moderator positions, we may add more moderators depending on how busy we get. Old AN moderators are good canidates, but we won't add as many mods as AN had (which, in my opinion, was far too many). I hope that answered your questions.
    Jinto
    Jinto
    Bene Lodair
    Bene Lodair

Post by Jinto 3/24/2009, 8:32 pm

Yes it does. Thank you
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12402

Post by AlexT 3/25/2009, 1:26 pm

I've seen P.L. before - it's a nice place, but i feel like i'm used to KOTS already. It is a "fresh start" as Acid said and i like it when place is being built almost from scratch. Joining P.L. would be like going to someone else's house instead of building our own i think. KOTS feels like it belong to ex-AN people so far for they are free to suggest and decide on rules, staff, design etc. I'd love to see this community develop based on foundation laid by AN.
    I'll visit both places, but i won't givie up on this one so easily Wink Though it's just my huble opinion...
    Ekuryua
    Ekuryua
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Post by Ekuryua 3/25/2009, 2:29 pm

Well, AlexT, keep in mind that Project Lafiel was also founded by former AN members. In fact, many AN members are members of Lafiel, such as myself, Aviator, Dragon, Stilts, Azgalath, Midnight Star and Katz. FatPianoBoy is also there, but he hasn't logged on in a while. (Actually, should you run across FPB, tell him Xor wonders where he's been)

JGZinv, I think our two sites should link to each other for the time being. I'll go ahead and make one of those little 200x40 images for your portal, and we'll add a link on our links page later today. Also, if there's any way we can help you guys (and gals?) with this place, just let us know.
    Ekuryua
    Ekuryua
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Post by Ekuryua 3/25/2009, 7:19 pm

Alright, I made the banner. Here it is as a JPEG. If you need another file format, or another size, just let me know.

Open Invitation to Members of the Seikai Wars Mod Team PLbanner

The link should go to http://www.projectlafiel.net/, obviously.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 3/26/2009, 12:56 am

Okie dokie.

I'll see if I can come up with something for our banner to you guys.

I'm very sick right now. Got hit with one of those viruses that keeps you awake and floods your respiratory system with goo. Been in bed 3 days now and still don't feel better.

I'll work on things as I can too...

lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 116
    Imperial Credits : 11417
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Post by lymhfeubdach 4/24/2009, 1:30 am

I just have question on the seikai mod, is start all over again or just trying to finish it? If guys are still going to use homeworld 2, see if can find model look for examples like the battlestar galactica mods. Here a link to BSG mod on wikia: http://www.hw2bsg.org/pB/index.php

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 9:21 pm