Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+2
Almael
spoor356
6 posters

Creating the Abh Empire online

spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12445
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Creating the Abh Empire online Empty Creating the Abh Empire online

Post by spoor356 6/19/2009, 3:34 pm

Hello everyone,

I have found this neat website of which one can create their own nation and let it operate in the way they see fit, passing various laws of varying absurdity, but all great fun.

One other thing you can do is create your own regions, uniting nations within a territory. Granted other nations may come and go as they please, but it is possible to create 8 separate nations (like the empire) and move them into a created region called the Humankind Empire of Abh.

If anyone wants to try this, go ahead and do it, or just for the fun of it go to the website, make your own nation and just wait around for it.

I also have the old and new Abh Empire flags if anyone wants them. Note that you cannot create a nation called "Abh" because apparently someone has tried that already, but I'm in the process of seeing if the eight kingdom names are taken yet. The names can be seen here

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/seikai/images/5/51/Planarspacenodescription.PNG

Visit this link for more:
    http://nationstates.net/
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18924
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Creating the Abh Empire online Empty Re: Creating the Abh Empire online

Post by Almael 6/20/2009, 8:34 pm

Now, I remember this community. I often stumble across them but never followed up on what game they played.
    They have a different forum here(other than on that main page) on which they do war and sell (mad) fantasy war tech.
    Although, it says you have to solve a problem each day, I think it will be trouble if you don't have the time.
    ....And there is no real war in the game. I mean nothing like bashing. Razz
    I'm a casual player at best, so something that can be played quick would be my choice.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4168
    Imperial Credits : 17782
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 6/29/2009, 2:33 pm

scratch
    What type of problems?And what do you mean by bashing?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/29/2009, 3:18 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:scratch
    What type of problems?And what do you mean by bashing?
    Like realtime battles, bombardments, strategic battles similar to embargos, etc.
    (I'm comparing to a game a know here.) I guess in this game you can fight economically.
    In the game I know people have been waging all kinds of warfare, except chemical and biological.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12400

Post by AlexT 6/30/2009, 7:54 am

..no chemical warfare? I guiess it excludes pills and weed during play.. Very Happy But solving real problems of non-existant nation is hard without em geek

But seriously - it sounds fun. A bit too schematic for my tastes. And i think it's more interesting to read about results than be one of the "players" so writing collective story-rpg or fan fics can be more fun and is more widely spread as result. Building of such complex system requires wide knowledge of politics, legal and economic aspects... scratch
    And of course bashing is important too Very Happy

Last edited by AlexT on 7/24/2009, 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/1/2009, 2:11 pm

AlexT wrote:..no chemical warfare? I guiess it excludes pills and weed during play.. Very Happy
    Actually, there was one instance of the game in which such weaonry had been available. The problem was that once they were used there was no gain for anyone. A destroyed planet or system cannot be colonized or harnessed. In the end everyone died off, because of no more resources or because civilization fell and people die off by themselves.
    Hence, these warefares have not been waged ever since.

But solving real problems of non-existant nation is hard without em geek
    Actually, this is the easy way to solve problems. geek

But seriously - it sounds fun. A bit too schematic for my tastes. And i think it's more interesting to read about results than be one of the "players" so writing collective story-rpg or fan fics can be more fun and is more widely spread as result. Building of such complex system requires wide knowledge of politics, legal and economic aspects... scratch
    And of course bahing is important too Very Happy
    Yeah, it's easier to look at the results, but you still need to keep following the development to understand the real mechanics of events etc.

Well, NationStates is more about politics and the ruling of which.

The game I know has no politics except those of the players themselves, and it's too chaotic , although, the players are predicable... one thing has been true: economic power or military power is key to technological advancement, which will decide over everything.
    Also team work and trust is key to the universe. In the end, the game instances end with the veteran group winning against the general masses.
    Edit:Although, there is no politics, I have seen people spying, betraying, stealing tech, underhanded dealings, secret negotiations/dealing, dominating markets, insane banking, and secret rebellion network Wink.
    lymhfeubdach
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 116
    Imperial Credits : 11415
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Post by lymhfeubdach 7/22/2009, 3:39 am

I wish the game allow you build your own army or space fleet. Then want go war with another nation just like the Abh.
    tanis1lionheart
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 11552
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Post by tanis1lionheart 7/23/2009, 11:56 am

I've heard of a fan-made mod for 'Sins of a Solar' empire that changes all the ships into BFotS series design.

IDK what happened to it though.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/23/2009, 2:34 pm

I dunno. Although I provided the models I think the problem was once again the texturing job. Also SoSE has no turret or ship part animations. These might have brought the project to a halt.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12400

Post by AlexT 7/24/2009, 7:53 am

Almael wrote: The game I know has no politics except those of the players themselves, and it's too chaotic , although, the players are predicable... one thing has been true: economic power or military power is key to technological advancement, which will decide over everything.
    Also team work and trust is key to the universe. In the end, the game instances end with the veteran group winning against the general masses.
    Edit:Although, there is no politics, I have seen people spying, betraying, stealing tech, underhanded dealings, secret negotiations/dealing, dominating markets, insane banking, and secret rebellion network Creating the Abh Empire online Icon_wink.
    Here is something i learned from rl - politics actualy rarely do something themselves. Politics prefer to create conditions. Those conditions result in random trigger of events that can cause chain reaction and then it's all about how you act according to those events. If you manage to benefit the most and use the situation...but results of the events can vary a lot.
    So random events always happen like new cards that appear on the table. Who play it right - can benefit a lot - something that artificialy created game can't have and thus become more like a chess which lack important part of real strategy - random change of rules. So in game i know - veterans not always win Wink
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/24/2009, 8:21 am

Well, 99.9% of the time this is true. All they do is make the decision while the thinking and planning are done by thinktanks. But there are exceptions like T. Roosevelt who came up with their own ideas and directed their thinktanks. As far as I know there are only 4 or five others likewise in the past 2500 years. Mostly all the great leaders of history.
    tanis1lionheart
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by tanis1lionheart 7/24/2009, 8:47 am

Almael wrote:Well, 99.9% of the time this is true. All they do is make the decision while the thinking and planning are done by thinktanks. But there are exceptions like T. Roosevelt who came up with their own ideas and directed their thinktanks. As far as I know there are only 4 or five others likewise in the past 2500 years. Mostly all the great leaders of history.

Too bad most of his ideas failed and it took a world war to do something about the 'great depression'.

>_>
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/27/2009, 7:05 am

The truth about that is and will be so for some time is that war brings in money.
    A state or government can only rely on tax revenues alone for their wealth. But war brings spoils or new customers, hence, other revenues.
    Afterall, military sales are still the biggest in the market.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4168
    Imperial Credits : 17782
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 9/5/2009, 11:31 am

I wonder what would happen if you created a nation that only dealt on the barter system.Probably wouldn't last too long.I mean you do have to have
    things to barter for and with to begin with.
    tanis1lionheart
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by tanis1lionheart 9/8/2009, 7:45 am

mitsuki lover wrote:I wonder what would happen if you created a nation that only dealt on the barter system.Probably wouldn't last too long.I mean you do have to have
    things to barter for and with to begin with.
    Hey, it works for a long time....

But, given the current state of 'world economy' and the high speed....
    Yeah, I doubt it would last long.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 8:12 am