Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18926
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 22 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by Almael 3/11/2014, 6:39 am

I don't abbreviate Silent Moebius and I don't know if anybody else does it.
    Besides SM is a better fitting wordplay for Sailor Moon. WinkLaughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4168
    Imperial Credits : 17784
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 22 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 3/12/2014, 1:36 pm

Well it always confuses me. lol! 

Monday I re-watched Moonphase episode 16 'I Have To Eat Cat-Ear Buns.

Tuesday episode 2 of Momo the Girl God of Death.This time the story was about a boy who was scared of loosing his best friend after
    having lost his sister earlier.This time Momo and Daniel appear to him
    on at least 3 or 4 separate occasions.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/14/2014, 2:04 pm

Wednesday re-watched episode 5 of PGSM.Yeah,pretty much cements the idea that Ami's mbti personality type is ISTJ as what other type would go out and buy a book on friendship and then do what it said to try to be a friend. lol! 

Though as Usagi tells her,she didn't need to do that because she wanted
    Ami to be her friend just the way she was without trying so hard.My favorite scene is the one where Usagi walks in to the classroom and says
    'good morning' and then Ami does the same thing and everyone does a
    double take!

Also another good lesson about teamwork.

Thursday saw Rosario x Vampire Capu 2 episode 7,'Bathroom and a Vampire'.Tsukune's return home turns into a three ring circus when
    the girls show up.Basically they end up to their usual antics but this time with Tsukune's mom and best friend as witnesses.Tsukune looked
    a bit embarassed when Moka showed up;but the biggest problem came when his mom opens his room and found the other girls there!

It also had a great sight gag in which Moka's sister Kokoa is seen passing every fast vehicle on the freeway,and then a bullet train,on her bike!Though she gets there too late! lol! 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/17/2014, 1:59 pm

Friday:Black Lagoonepisode 24,"The Gunslingers"
    Balalaika keeps her position as coolest character in the series.Love the way she walks pass the police in riot gear and gets in her limo. Cool 
    My sympathy for Yuko went down though as she ended up acting like a little socio-path.Reminded of a character on Hawaii 5-O I saw immediately before.Both were innocent looking enough and then you get further into the story and they were both equally socio-pathic.
    As far as the dual at the end went:reminded me of the ending of
    Cowboy Bebopbut with a different result.

Saturday:Neon Genesis Evangelionepisode 24,"The Beginning And The End,Or Knockin' On Heaven's Door".Yeah,this is the famous episode with Kaworu in it.It also has the infamous scene of Asuka in the bathtub.I saw the Director's Cut and it includes a scene with Kaworu talking to Seele and Misato spying on him.

Sunday:Silent Mobius[i] episode 8,"[i]Yes,My Master"
    This is the one where Katsumi gets Grosspoliner it's also the introduction to Ganossa and Rosa(although Rosa's only seen in a cameo at the end).The beginning showing Ganossa talking to his Lucifer Hawk
    subordinant is really cool as the subordinant shows up as an image in his coffee.
     Cool 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/19/2014, 1:41 pm

Monday I re-watched episode 15 of Blassreiter.
    Tuesday episode 3 of Momo,The Girl God of Death.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/21/2014, 1:13 pm

Wed. episode 6 of PGSM.And now Mokoto/Sailor Jupiter is officially
    introduced.Cool moments:(1)when Mokoto intervenes as the bullies are picking on Usagi,(2)Usagi,Rei and Ami challenging the bullies to a bball
    game,(3)Sailor Moon encouraging Mokoto to transform for the first time into Sailor Jupiter. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Very Happy 

Th. episode 8 of Rosario x Vampire Capu 2.This one focused on Ruby.
    It was broken into several sketches that revolved around how Ruby was being strict about the length of the girls' skirt hems.Pretty  Laughing 
    and then turned serious at the epilog following the ED.Turns out Ruby is reporting directly to the School Head.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/24/2014, 8:07 pm

Friday started Cutie Honey 1973.Real  Cool 

Saturday I re-watched episode 25 of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    This Saturday is my last time to watch it for this time around and next week I re-start Mobile Suit Gundam.

Sunday re-saw episode 9 'Tokyo Antique' of Silent Mobius.
    .....Ah!Kiddy what the hell did that poor bed ever do to you? Laughing 
    The difference between the anime and the manga is that in the manga
    Katsumi ends up staying with Kiddy a bit longer and it turns out that
    Katsumi SNORES LIKE AN OX!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing 
    poor Roy!

Any way today I got Gunbuster2:Diebusterand Sakura Wars The Movie from Rightstuf.I also bought Death Note 2: The Last Nameand Pumpkin Scissors at B & N. Cool 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/26/2014, 1:33 pm

Mon. Nanoha episode 5.

Tue. Momo, the Girl God of Death ep.4.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/27/2014, 8:17 am

Pilot's love songs ep.10
    Really, he more I watch the more unreal/mess-up it gets. On one hand it's a kiddy like show but when it comes to war it's kill them all. Then there's the hero side using rifles to shoot down WWII aircrafts with multiple machineguns. One-shot kills verses useless numerous enemy streams of shots. Yeah.
    Then there's the psychic issues of the stupid & ignorant hero yet he realizes things others don't. Contradictions all around.

Edit:
    From my worldwide connections I got my hands on a recording of netherland's protestant church enacting the passion
    http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Passion
    in Gouda
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gouda
    The show is quite nice.  I love you  Refreshing compared to the "regular" ones in the states. I liked the rock/jazz they are using. Admittedly, the lyrics aren't so different but dutch sounds nice, although, very german-like but softer. I can understand it better than swedish or norwegian. (I can read that wiki page without need of google translation)
    And the preacher looked like prince. Smile
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/28/2014, 2:10 pm

Wed. ep. 7 of PGSM I feel sorry for Rei getting stuck with the guy that gets hiccups when he's near a girl! Laughing 
    That's certainly an odd response.The best part though was when Usagi transforms into Sailor Moon when she thinks that Mamoru isn't around,when they're in the hall of mirrors.Turns out that the place is deceptive and he saw her but she still hasn't found out he's Tuxedo Mask.

Th. ep. 9 'Skiing And A Vampire' of Rosario x Vampire Capu2.
    Yeah,makes sense that Mizore's family would own a ski resort.I mean she and her mom ARE Snow-Women! Laughing 
    Both Kurumu and Yukari prove to be total fail at skiing though Moka's not bad and neither are Ruby and Tsukune.The cool part was watching Mizore and her mom skiboard on ice. Cool 
    And Mizore's dad turns out to be an abominable snowman! Laughing 
    though it turns out to be a disguise and when he takes the head off when the gang is gone it's revealed he has the same hair as his daughter.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/31/2014, 2:06 pm

Friday Cutie Honey episode 2.

Saturday Neon Genesis Evangelion episode 26,and so the end of
    Eva viewing for the time being. I think I'm in the minority in that I find the tv ending satisfying enough if a bit surreal. From what I understand of End of Evangelion all it does is insert some extra scenes into episode 25 to make it longer and has a different ending from
    episode 26. But I like the tv ending because it's more optimistic. Very Happy 

Sunday episode 10 'XRP 77' of Silent Mobius for the longest time I had this idea that it was supposed to be 'Weapon XRP 77'
    don't know where the idea of weapon being in the title came from.
    Perhaps from the fact that Yuki and the other girls were being experimented on to develop one of them into a human weapon.

Any way it's basically Yuki's back story and how she originally met
    Rally.

I think now that Annie must have armed the bomb when she was doing the trick with the music box as a means of distracting Yuki's attention as if she had done it when she had planted the bomb Yuki would
    have sensed something was wrong when she walked in.

I also think in a way the episode foreshadows what happens later on as
    Annie turns on Yuki the way that Katsumi does the rest of the AMP
    toward the end.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/2/2014, 1:27 pm

Only one episode left of Momo:The Girl God of Death.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/3/2014, 6:46 am

Strike the blood, last episode
    Well, I skipped half of it ...as it has become simply a harem show with not much else. Anyway, it ends with their future daughter returning home (reminds of DNA2/Dragon balls). In the end she says "Akatsuki Empire" but the translation left out this important clue. Incompetence!

Pilot's love song, episode 12
    The Sky clan agree to peace (for now) in exchange for Claire. And nobody protests!!
    We finally get another clue. The "rainbow" barrier at the end of the world destroys anything that touches it. It's more than obvious now that this world is artificial but there's not enough clues to say more than this.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/4/2014, 1:48 pm

PGSM episode 8 on Wednesday.Rei and Motoko do some girl bonding in this one plus we get to see Minako as herself and not as Sailor V for as change.And who knew that Rei had such a silly side to herself? Laughing 
    Yeah,it's always the serious ones that tend to be the silliest ones when you least expect it. Very Happy 

Rosario x Vampire Capu 2 episode 10 'Pretty Boy And A Vampire Thursday.I have a feeling the girls are all going to feel a bit
    foolish after the whole being brainwashed thing.I wonder if the costumes they all end up wearing have something to do with their inner personalities in a way(except Moka since we KNOWwhat her
    inner personality is like... Laughing )If that were so then Ruby's got some
    'splainin' to do about that dominatrix get up!
    Also noted that Inner Moka was not impressed!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/9/2014, 1:36 pm

Finished Momo:The Girl God Of Death yesterday.That was an interesting twist as Sakura,the main character of episode 6 wasn't really dead but just in a deep coma.It took Daniel finding her two friends making paper cranes to discover that fact.For most of the episode it looked like it was going to turn out to be a Schoolgirl-Doesn't-Know-She's-Dead one,so that twist toward the end was a nice one.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/10/2014, 11:19 am

There's a new show called Dragonar Academy based on the manga of the same name. It has nothing to do with the classic (Kikou Senki) Dragonar. I think I will take a look sometime later.

Nisekoi ep. 13
    turns out to be more and more another harem show. Now another (3rd) girl is gonna show up, also with a key. Duh. Still fun but it's getting too artificial and dragging.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/11/2014, 1:51 pm

PGSM episode 9 on Wednesday.Finally Ami sees some action again. Very Happy 
    Usagi thinking the thief was the REAL Tuxedo Mask of course acted without thinking.Loved the scene where she's pondering what Luna and
    Naru told her. Laughing 

Rosario X Vampire Capu 2 episode 11 'Lilith's Mirror And A Vampire'.This has to be the most raunched up fanservice episode I've seen,then again everyone was under yet another spell,this time it was one
    that revealed their monster or real identity.And yeah,the three Kurumu/Yukari/Mizori groupies showed up again. Laughing 
    Also how'd Kyoko manage to make it through the barrier?I wonder if that's part of the reason we see it break at the end.Then again any time you get to see BOTH Mokas together in the same place and time... Cool
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/13/2014, 2:10 pm

Well, Dragonar Academy is just another service show. I doubt there's much to expect from the adventure/fantasy side. It's been a while since I have seen anything good in this genre....

Nisekoi ep.14
    I take back about it getting bad with the new girl. She's crafty, "~refined" and has all bases covered. Well, she's near perfect with some ... secrets/quirks Laughing None of the others can fight back on equal footing. She rules!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/14/2014, 1:43 pm

Friday Cutie Honey episode 4.Clever the way that Honey got into the
    Panther Claw hideout and then produced the file when their backs were turned.

Saturday Gundam episode 12,The Threat of Zeon Amuro's
    sudden attack of battle fatigue put the White Base in jeopardy just as
    the latest Zeon attacks begins.

Sunday Silent Mobius episode 12,Sister.I suppose if Rosa hadn't
    interferred Rally would've told Katsumi all she knew about her Lucifer Hawk ancestry when she thought that Katsumi was prepared to hear it.The fact of Rosa's interference meant that Katsumi heard it BEFORE she was mentally prepared and thus her entire blue funk
    at the end of the episode.
     Evil or Very Mad 
    This episode also reveals that just because she sits behind a desk most of the time Rally still can be totally badass! Cool 
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/15/2014, 2:26 pm

Pilot's love song ep.14 the end.
    We finally get to see a model of the "world". It's a typical space island fragment. That's all we get from the anime. From the movie I guess it's about some hundred thousand kilometers across. Even if it's on the lower end it's way too large.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/16/2014, 1:41 pm

Monday re-watched Revolutionary Girl Utena episode 6 'Take Care Miss Nanami', yes, an episode featuring our favorite female buttmonkey! Laughing 
    I thought it was going to be the one with the elephants,but I was wrong.Still it was worth it seeing
    Nanami get socked in the face by a baseball and punched at the end by a boxing kangaroo.Not to mention nearly getting trampled on by a horse and a bull(the last in a flashback).If anyone really
    needs Obamacare it's her! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Tuesday saw episode 1 of Gunbuster 2:Diebuster.No! Nono,that is not what Topless MEANSLaughing And you can tell that this was made by Gainax and the same guys who gave us
    FLCL.The art work and animation certainly is similiar to it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/17/2014, 7:02 am

Finally, finished Ghost Hound.
    Mostly about psychology, science & out of body experience/ghosts.
    It's average good with a healthy amount of "adventures".
    But it doesn't seem to be something for me. I felt very bored and it was hard to keep watching (stay awake), hence it took me a very long time to finish it.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/18/2014, 1:15 pm

Wednesday re-watch of episode 10 of PGSM.This is the one where
    Luna finally reveals to the girls their real mission,it also has them confronting Queen Beryl directly for the first time.Also like the first disc
    there were problems toward the end of the disc.Worse than the first one.
    I keep kicking myself for the bad way I 'cleaned' them back when I started collecting without being aware of the proper way of cleaning discs.

No No No No 

I just wish I could go back and stop myself from being so stupid!

Thursday episode 12 of Rosario x Vampire capu 2.Basically to stop the rift from continuing and endangering the human world Outer Moka sacrifices herself by forcing Tsukune to permanently remove the Rosario
    and then placing it on top of the broken Rosario that's been holding the seal in place.
    Tsukune has a hard time with dealing with the fact that his Moka is now gone,even though Inner(i.e.The Real Moka)tries hard to reassure him she's still Moka.

To liven things up they had Mizori and Kurumu's mothers show up and start a fight over whose daughter should be Tsukune's bride! lol! 

Then Yukari's mom has to step in and act as peacemaker!
    Gee...sounds a bit like their daughters...like mother...like daughter.

I liked the ending where Ruby tells Tsukune what to do but looks like
    Kokoa will try to stop him from accomplishing his goal!
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/20/2014, 12:28 pm

Perhaps you should try copying what you can to a better disc. There are some CD copy/scanning programs out there (for free) you could use. I used CDCheck. Well, I haven't done this for a long time so I dunno about the new tools.
    CD recovery:
    http://support.tdkperformance.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/172/~/recover-data-from-a-damaged-disc
    http://www.percontra.net/archive/2corruptcddvdrecovery.htm
    Isobuster is good but I never used it for recovery.

Nisekoi ep.15
    This show is still rising in the fun. After watching this much and started reading on its manga version. I figured out its secret. The story/events are pretty much typical for classic romance anime like Miyuki and KOR. Character relationships/background story/harem are more in line with Ranma. Character design is more in line with more recent (post 2000) girl types and the suffering guy type. In short it combines the "~best" concepts of old and new.
    So I will give it a high rating.
    As a versed anime fan the stories and events are nothing new/interesting from my POV. But the relationships and situations are still very enjoyable.

Blade and Soul ep.1
    It's a fantasy type of show that has the typical setting/world as a typical RPG game. It's about a female assassin who's been betrayed and is out to take revenge for the death of her master (as in teacher). She's obviously an emotionless person with pretty much no personality. Her enemies are part of an evil empire that uses evil spirits to boost their power.
    So it's all about her adventure and her changing personality. The art looks nice since it's all about fair and gorgeous women (don't bother with anything else). -_-
    In any case, it looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/21/2014, 1:53 pm

I still have my SkipDr,so I guess I could use that the next time around.Though I guess I am lucky that it isn't as bad as it could be,I mean the majority of both discs still work perfectly,it's just the end of
    the last episodes on each.

Friday:Cutie Honey episode 5.This time Honey tries escaping from the school by pole vaulting over the fenceleading to epic fail!But she lands on the headmistress so that was something! Laughing 
    This time the main battle with Panther Claw takes place on a plane.Interesting that Honey didn't go for the sword,then again she saw the lightning.

Saturday:Gundam episode 13 Coming Home,Amoru's homecoming isn't what he expects.

Sunday:Silent Mobius episode 13 Category 4:This takes place all in Katsumi's head but
    since it ends up being Genossa manipulating what she sees,Roy's reaction to the entire subjects of
    Lucifer Hawks should be taken with a large grain of salt considering it's probably Genossa trying to
    form a rift between Katsumi and Roy.
    Interesting at the end when she wakes up in Rally's office Katsumi's no longer in her AMP uniform but her civvies.So the question is who changed her when she was out?
    I'm thinking Rally since she's the only other one there.I hardly think she'd allow Roy to do it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 10:32 pm