Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2704
    Imperial Credits : 15185
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club Empty Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club

Post by Almael on 6/17/2019, 4:12 pm

Last week "Steel-Winged Pegasus" notified us on discord about a new translation of Cots 1 available at Amazon and at Barnes and Noble.
    https://j-novel.club/s/crest-of-the-stars
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-04-20/j-novel-club-licenses-crest-of-the-stars-record-of-wortenia-war-3-more-light-novel-series/.145967

As she has bought it recently the translation didn't turn out quite as expected such as Lafiel being Lafier....
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2884
    Imperial Credits : 12967
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club Empty Re: Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/19/2019, 12:59 pm

scratch
    Do you mean the spelling?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club Empty Re: Crest of the Stars novel translation by J-Novel Club

Post by Almael on 6/24/2019, 2:27 pm

Yeah.
    Waiting for her to finish her comparison and summary. Then we'll see.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/26/2019, 1:06 pm

Hopefully it's going to be just minor differences.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 7/4/2019, 3:35 pm

As long as everything is consistent and they get all novels done. I would be very happy.
    Tokyopop as not consistent at all. Anyhow, I think they are making a better job overall. But I admit I'm not too happy about a lot of those liberties or choices. Like the Kryuno now called "compuwatch". By all means it's not a watch wrist-comp would be much better.

I know their other translations are generally good except for typos and grammar blunders. They were easy to spot but there were times I had to wonder whether it could have other meanings/reasons.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 7/5/2019, 1:14 pm

"Compuwatch" sounds like something Apple would come out with...so now we know the truth...the Abh are really behind Apple! Laughing

All joking aside though, I expect since the anime has been out fans would be wanting better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 7/17/2019, 8:56 pm