Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

First New SnS Novel in 5 Years

JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 8560
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

First New SnS Novel in 5 Years

Post by JGZinv on 9/4/2018, 12:41 am

So this popped up on ANN to my surprise....

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-03/1st-banner-of-the-stars-novel-in-5-years-debuts/.136298

The sixth volume of Hiroyuki Morioka's Banner of the Stars (Seikai no Senki) novel series will ship in Japan on Wednesday. The novel, titled Seikai no Senki: Teikoku no Raimei (Imperial Thunder), will be the first installment in the novel series in five years.

Seikai no Senki V: Shukumei no Shirabe shipped in Japan in March 2013. It was the first volume published in eight years.

Tokyopop published the earlier three-volume Crest of the Stars novel series in English following its release of some of the manga adaptations (Toshihiro Ono's Crest of the Stars and Banner of the Stars and Wasoh Miyakoshi's Banner of the Stars II). Morioka's novels were also adapted into three anime television series, an original anime video project, and various spinoffs.

The sci-fi novel series Crest of the Stars follows the adventures of Jinto Lin, a young aristocrat whose father ceded their planetary system to the Abh Empire, and Lafiel, the Abh Empire's princess. Banner of the Stars picks up three years later; Lafiel becomes captain of her own assault ship and Jinto joins her crew.

Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2610
    Imperial Credits : 14353
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Re: First New SnS Novel in 5 Years

Post by Almael on 9/5/2018, 11:05 am

cheers cheers bounce bounce
    Thanks for telling us. For some reason this one slipped under my radar.
    I thought he wanted to start a new series chapter with a new sub-name but he obviously changed his mind. I suppose he figured a new title would make it less likely to be found by existing fans.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2610
    Imperial Credits : 11831
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover on 9/5/2018, 12:52 pm

Cool Cool cheers cheers bounce bounce
    (We really need a champagne uncorking emoji for this one.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 9/25/2018, 7:02 am