Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2854
    Imperial Credits : 12834
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 19 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/22/2019, 1:14 pm

Admittedly I am one of the people who isn't interested in Game of Thrones. The only character I even remotely cared about was Daenrys and from what I read I gather she ain't with us any longer. too bad she was the only person I wanted to see sit on the Iron Throne that wasn't named Balailaka or Esdeath.
    Yeah...Esdeath on that Iron Throne thingy would have been Epic fun! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Also Balailaka probably has more leadership and combat expierence than most of the GoT characters combined.

That is my one and only take on that subject other than wish that they would make the Gateways series now, the series that Martin was working on before the whole Song of Ice and Fire was even a thing. It's a Multiverse travel concept similar but better than Sliders that featured two people from different worlds(literally) travelling through the multiverse. Very cool idea and one of the recurring characters gets killed off every episode... kinda like Kenny on South Park.

My DNA results only wish there were a way of getting through some of those brick walls and fill in a lot of those blanks to find out where some of those ethnicities come from that I just discovered I might have.

One of the interesting things that Gedmatch Genesis showed that the other two didn't is that I might have a smidgeon of Greek. I would guess that has something to do with having West Asian DNA.
    The Greek ( what there might be) is located around Thessaloniki what was Thessalonia in the New Testament.I'm pretty sure it has something to do with West Asia DNA because it seems Greeks and Turks share similar DNA.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/24/2019, 1:43 pm

Another reason there might have been some Greek in my results is because one of the locations that matched my DNA in France was Marseilles,and IIRC in it's early history Marseilles was originally a Greek colony.

Saw Cloak And Dagger yesterday on FreeForm tv. First time I've seen it since it aired opposite of Gotham, I think.

If FOX doesn't have anything decent to replace Gotham next season and if we still get FreeForm and if Cloak And Dagger isn't canceled I might make it a regular watch.

So to the end of Gasaraki so far I would say I would highly recommend it, depends what the ending is like before I say definitely.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/27/2019, 1:09 pm

Happy Veterans' Day! cheers
    Let's also remember all those brave men and women who not only fought for America but the also brave men and women who may have fought and given their lives for the other side as well. Including the many who fought and died for the Confederacy during the War Between the South and the North; as well as the many brave Loyalists who fought on the British side during the Revolution.While we may or may not agree with their politics, they still need to be honored as well as the Patriots and those who fought and died to preserve the Union. It's harder to fight for a Cause that maybe unpopular with the majority especially if that is what your conscience dictates. Also we should remember that many of those on the Other Side have descendants today who should be allowed to be as proud of their ancestors as any other American is proud of theirs. Just because an ancestor fought for the Confederacy or the British doesn't mean they weren't honorable and God-fearing as well as conscious of their duty; so in the end when we honor those who fell in war, let's not forget those who while on the other side,also felt duty bound to give their lives to that which they honored the most.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/29/2019, 1:00 pm

Think my next Rightstuf order will be a Blind Box then take a hiatus from ordering for the Summer. Need to not be so greedy from now on and concentrate more on those titles like RWBY that I either want to get or finish.

Sooner or later someone is going to come out and start the "Fire-Servais!" bandwagon amongst M's fans. They are now at 24-33 still not as bad as Baltimore but unless they catch fire soon...

Went around helping to collect stuff for our church's garage sale on the weekend. Hot day and looks hot today as well. Good time to sit in the shade with a nice bottle of Coke.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2694
    Imperial Credits : 15081
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael on 5/30/2019, 12:21 pm

Geez, haven't posted in a while.
    So after watching the few Season 8 episodes of Games of Thrones. I got to say I'm disappointed. Not much logic in the story. A lot is predicable and very familiar down to a lot of scenes. I see nothing that would make it great other than the obvious large budget, great CGI quality. Any (shorter) japanese, korean, chinese fantasy/pseudo-history/medieval shows cover more ground than this show; and partially much more intriguing. Although, I admit some of these 50 episodes show seem somewhat long and maybe even dragging if you are not into them. But wholly shorter by 1/3 and all done within a year. And with less budget and no less visually pleasing.

Anyhow, the media asking if Trump knew about the uss mccain is really amusing. What's the point of doing it secretly behind someone's back if he's told. Unless he directs his staff like I don't want my picture taken with the name in the background or so.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 5/31/2019, 2:21 pm

Can't wait for another ten or so years when the U.S.S. Donald Trump gets commissioned to see what the media will do. Probably have a combined coronary! Laughing

Record of Lodoss WarOVA is how to do something like GoT the right way. Also Deedlit! Cool Smile

Still think the whole thing with Esdeath in Akame ga Kill was better than "Winter is coming!"
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/3/2019, 1:48 pm

Tommorrow we have our monthly Men's Breakfast for the men of our church so had to stop by the bank on the way home from the library today.

Also had to learn how to run the sound system at church yesterday.

Looks like they're trying to get life back to normal as much as possible in the towns around the Fukushima power plant. NHK had an article of a store opening temporarily in one of them.

Also NHK reports that one of the people that was disgraced from the blow out of the Hanoi Summit that apparently wasn't, was seen on film during an official function in North Korea seated not too far away from Kim.

Meanwhile the American press is still probably yapping about Mueller mark 3.0 or whatever. Some times you just need to read the foreign press to get some idea of what's actually happening in the world.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/5/2019, 1:06 pm

Analysts predict that Trump may actually win in a landslide because of the current state of the economy.In fact the one analyst who has predicted the last 9 presidential elections has said the only way he might loose would be if he were to actually be impeached.

Irony: an Idaho high school QB that was going to play for Washington has transformed to UCLA even though UCLA didn't originally give him an offer.

Cooler weather and breezy today.

So thinking about ordering a $10 and $25 blind box from Rightstuf.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/7/2019, 1:52 pm

Twins won the final game of their series with the Indians yesterday and now for poor Cleveland fans it's really into the fire as the Yankees come in next. Not the team you want to be playing.

And another sign that some on the left are anti-Semite: the big LGBT march in DC is disallowing marchers to fly the Star of David but will allow the Palestinian flag.(Note: I did say some not all. as I do respect the fact that there are a lot of good people on the left who aren't anti-semites.)

Breezy again today.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/10/2019, 2:02 pm

Went to the PO and PUD as well as the library and also had to go to Safeway and the Pharmacy. Just glad not too many long lines any where. Going to be warmer this week after the cooling down of last week.

Been re-reading The Death And Life of Superman. One thing I noticed is the amount of non-superpowered heroes that are in it, such as the mother who tries to protect her children during Doomsday's rampage through her town; the men and women of the military as well as emergency personnel like the paramedics working on Superman and the Justice Leaguers. A lot of brave ordinary people in fact that sometimes get overlooked in these sort of things.

So the new season of the animated version of Guardians of the Galaxy has the gang teaming up with Loki of all people to stop Odin's evil brother The Snake (no not Snake Plissken from the Escape from New York and Escape from LA movies)from using the World Tree to conquer the various domains. Also Howard the Duck!?….yeah when you have a season that includes Howard The Duck it's really rather WTF!?

I think someone should do a crossover where Sailor Moon meets The Legion of Superheroes just to have Sailor Saturn meet Saturn Girl.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/12/2019, 1:11 pm

Twins 6-Mariners 5. Keep it up and maybe hopefully the Twinkies will notch another World Series.

80 now, so looking to be a hot day today.

Lot of California farmers are pissed off because the State isn't paying them the money they owe them for taking their land away using Eminent Domain for the failed light rail they were supposed to construct. Though it has been pointed out that the State could have saved time and money by constructing the railway near I-5, instead of ruining prime farmland. Then what do you expect from California?

My bike had problems yesterday so I had to ride it all the way back up the block after being nearly to the PO. The thing is the handlebars seemed to have flipped over and so I couldn't reach the brake on the right hand side properly. Miss my Schwinn. At least with fixed handlebars never had that kind of problem. (If I did have my ol' Schwinn I'd use it has a back up or for going to the store.)

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 6/12/2019, 6:05 pm

I have been working until late in the day so I'ven't been active and diverting time to other things.
    Anyhow, yeah, there's been a lot of things going on surrounding california these days. The random chatter i get from my folks has increased naturally.
    Most of the mess I see everywhere is always the same political / economic pattern: When a good party comes to power in hard times and manages to build up good and get rid of deficit the party that causes it accuse them of being slow etc. and wins. They reap the hard work from the other and bask in that success until they return things to ruin again. It's a typical repeating cycle which keeps the balance if things work out right unless populism and strong men/nazis rise.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/14/2019, 1:35 pm

Rinse and Repeat...the story of Politics.

Twins 10-Mariners 5...the good news for the Ms is the Orioles and Royals stink worse. Maybe the Mariners will make it to the playoffs in 2024?

So now I got my brake line all tangled across my handlebars on my bike... Evil or Very Mad
    I really hate hand brakes.

Sent in my order for a $10 and $25 blind box to Right Stuf yesterday so interesting to see what will come. The only other time I did it I got ADV's boxset for Kaleido Star:New Wings, since I already had the Funi version for Season 2 I simply decided to take turns watching the Funi and ADV versions every other week.

Another hot day. This makes me glad my bedroom is in the basement as it is cooler.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 6/17/2019, 3:47 pm

Encarncion to the Yankees from the Mariners for a former Mariners pitching prospect. And people wonder why Seattle's record is what it is.

Time magazine on it's latest cover shows the Secretary General of the Union in ankle deep water; and we thought that Dukakis riding around in that tank was the silliest thing a politician could do...

Finished The Death and Life of Superman.

What is interesting about the history of Superman is that at one point in the 1940s Captain Marvel( Billy Batson) was actually more popular which led to then National's (later DC) law suit against Fawcett Comics.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 6/17/2019, 4:19 pm

Laughing
    I meant what ind of PR is that or how is that even PR?
    Pressing matter right now is the Iran, china, russia conflict... We are moving troops as scheduled and some more early due to recent events. I really wonder if aside from the usual if coming election interests might drive the next decisions to be made.
    Let's face it the wars are already raging just not official.

A look into North Korea's airport (for show)
    https://youtu.be/Rf10ZV2dnuQ

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6/19/2019, 2:17 am