Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

Random Thought

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2615
    Imperial Credits : 14423
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Re: Random Thought

Post by Almael on 2/25/2018, 4:52 pm

It doesn't compute how Nikolas Cruz could go unchecked as it did. I could imagine the amount of regular violence lowered the police's priority and perception; and probably the large number of dismissal even worsen the perception. But it's still no excuse considering how many warnings have been made. Ordinarily you don't come across a single warning as either it takes courage to do so or people caring (discounting malicious people or swatting). At least the FBI should take care of it if the local police are overtaxed. But it didn't work.
    And now the call to arm every teacher. Seriously, I don't see any sense to further widen the field of possible shooters. Just taking a look at how many japanese teachers and policemen got arrested last year... do you really think it will be better? Let's say it goes well, weapons are centrally stored at school and keys held by a randomized few. Don't you think it would become the best weapons cache someone could get their hands on regardless? I were a shooter the first thing I would do is securing it before going on the rampage. So either way it's not really better or change the outcome. A bit further and we could as well start arming everyone. Not to mention the possibility of some people joining the fray and claiming bad aim for "accidental" killings. Considering all the people who shoot animal & people with airguns... There are too many people like that (at all levels of society) these days.
    From what I've seen people are moving toward more powerful handgun upgrades (e.g. barrel extension) that are no less powerful than rifles. Armor piercing ammo and rifle control are effectively useless. It's a lost war already.

Since frday a storm has been raging on outside and seems to be going all week long. Something big hit my window last night. It gave me a little shock. Thankfully it didn't do any damage. I dunno what hit it, though. Maybe some bird or paper box. I doubt it's a branch or icicle. Couldn't see a thing. *shrugs*

Dropbox is having its stock marked launch soon. Whatever the important thing for me as a private person is how security and pricing will turn out to be. I'm guessing it will go the way as most others and turn for the worse.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2634
    Imperial Credits : 11929
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/26/2018, 4:46 pm

And now some 73 GOP legislators have petitioned the governor of Florida to have sheriff Israel
    removed from office for incompetence.Then again can you blame them after all instead of taking the
    blame for not doing the job right he went out on tv and blamed the NRA.
    OTOH,one can't help but admire the JROTC cadets who risked their lives and even died to make sure their follow students were safe.

We had a bit of a wind storm yesterday as well.A bit of hail or snow also fell with it.Not too much and not of it stuck around really.Though a lot of snow fell off roofs and such.Thought for a moment the power would go off but it didn't.

Well today I went to the second hand store to get more Marvel comics.
    Came back with a couple more Fantastic Four,Avengers,West Coast Avengers
    as well as another Daredevil and my first Punisher:War Journal.
    Outside of X-Men The Avengers and Avengers West Coast have become my
    favorite superteam.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 2/26/2018, 5:51 pm

Yep, kudos to the JROTC cadets. Well, politically the sheriff has to go but that'S not the problem. The problem could be anything along the chain of processing this kind of matter. Similarly, looking at how the pacific fleet has performed and messed up in recent months it's probably a failure of leadership on keeping up rules and procedures. They got low grade officers due to the wars. And most likely Trump's changes of military orders and priorities probably has forced commanders to adjust, relaxing maintenance and oversight etc. The FBI's failure is probably due to the leadership chaos under Trump, distracting people and oversight. It's all a failure of the system being too human and dependent on every single cog in the machine. Would skynet make it better? Yes, but skynet would get of the root of the problem at its root: humanity. Twisted Evil

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/02/kansas-also-had-a-surge-of-human-caused-earthquakes/
    They forgot to mention the related increase in neighboring states...

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/28/2018, 2:51 pm

And now the deputy in question came out with his own account of what happened.so to be continued
    I guess...

Apparently now a lot of people are pissed at Chris Pratt because he tweeted Kevin Smith saying he
    was praying for him after Smith wound up in the hospital because they found something wrong with his heart.
    Only wants me want to get Guardians of the Galaxy a bit more.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/2/2018, 4:42 pm

I thought I had already sent him my renewal for GOTANIME at Rightstuf in December but got an
    e-mail to warn me my membership was needing to be renewed,so I sent in the money today.

Snowing again,not the fluffy light kind but the heavy wet kind.Had to shovel a berm just now.
    Really not good for the back.I swear one of these days I will die from shoveling too much wet snow.

Reading Mary Boykin Chestnut's A diary From Dixie. In one entry she tells about four schoolboys introducing themselves:

"Jules"
    "Now say your full name."
    "Julius"
    the next boy was named Bill:
    "Billous"
    the third was named Tom:
    "Thomas"
    the fourth and final boy was named Jack and decided to follow the other fellas
    examples and introduced himself as:
    "Jackass" Laughing Laughing Laughing
    (obviously a budding politician there! Laughing Laughing Laughing )

I can think of more than a few pols that 'Jackass' might be a good name for.

Any way the exciting news sports wise is they had a goal of 10,000 season tickets sold in
    Seattle for NHL hockey by the end of yesterday; they got the number within the first 12
    minutes and at the end of yesterday the count was up to 26,000.
    Evidently Seattle is dying to have some sort of major league winter sport back.
    NBA ought to take notice...
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 3/2/2018, 7:19 pm

Yeah, since subscriptions have been rising recently I had to mule over all my streaming subscriptions. Netflix has the biggest offering right now for a reason so I made it the main one this time. I forego Amazon since I don't use it much right now. It only hurts most of my western book shopping spray but those I can get with my other ones, too.

Well, got sunny and clear days yesterday+ with temp up to -10 celcius but it's heavy snow again already and temps down to -15 or lower. So much for my weekend excursion plans. Don't feel like wandering in the cold. I should have gone buying more groceries yesterday. *sighs* I need bread for breakfast! Did I mention european bread is tasty? I don't like the dark and hard kind, though.

https://japantoday.com/category/national/japan-firm-seeks-to-spawn-salmon-farm-revolution
    Hmm, why in the mountains when your got plenty of sea water around... It certainly is interesting. Imagine this done far inland. It could save transport cost. But since continental inland is usually arid or a desert it's probably prohibitive in terms of water usage.

Iron and aluminum tariffs up by 20/15%. This is a serious issue. I don't see much sense here other than fighting cheap chinese steel. Cheap Chinese steel is crap. Major investment involving them is highly risky (see a certain billion bugs german project in brazil that went down the drain cause the factory was useless). So the question is how much value has the volume of high grade compared to low grade. I dunno the exact numbers but I bet high grade has a larger volume since industry machinery always uses a huge volume of steel. Alumium is a much more easier case and makes more sense.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 3/3/2018, 6:35 pm

Looks like it will be snowing all week next week.

https://advanced-television.com/2018/02/01/stand-by-for-h-266-compression/
    The next generation video compression is coming! Right on time as predicted and it's pretty much set now.
    The only downside is it requires 10x more computer power compared to HEVC. I guess unless you got the latest CPU & GPU this is more than most people can do (in reasonable time) right now. But it's perfect in 3 years when new CPU with hardware fixes for Meltdown & co. come out. I'm pretty sure many will be willing to make a change.

https://www.space.com/39876-stephen-hawking-neil-degrasse-tyson-beginning-of-time.html
    3 decades old news in modern history but known since ancient times through creation stories and myths of certain tribes. And look at all the religious comment calling it anti-god. Laughing

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/03/bitcoin-thirst-spurs-icelandic-heist-grand-theft-on-a-scale-unseen-before/
    Well, not surprising but how the heck can someone still about 150 computers each time. I suppose it's more each time?

http://spacenews.com/air-force-chief-goldfein-well-be-fighting-from-space-in-a-matter-of-years/
    Response to putin's weapon presentation is an escalation of the arms race. Seriously, the course of action has been set 2 decades ago so nothing can stop this. What I'm still missing is regulation and ideas on some kind of political safeguard internationally. I suppose no one has interest in that yet in order to use them. I have no doubt hypersonic weapons are far more likely to be used than nukes and riskier in starting wars.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/03/during-nra-conventions-gun-injuries-drop-20-nationwide-63-in-hosting-state/
    And this is proof of people with gun ownership are responsive and safer with weapons? Seriously, it looks to me like when all gun enthusiasts are all "called" somewhere else the local areas become safer.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/03/02/world/international-gun-laws.html
    Barriers to gun purchase in comparison. For Yemen they forgot to list the dangers of a trip to the marked in a war zone.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/5/2018, 4:47 pm

And I haven't even got a new tv to go with my blu ray player... Razz

Tech certainly seems to go faster these days than in the past.

For some reason my log in wasn't working today.Hope that it was a fluke.

Sent in my order for Kampfer blu ray today.I sent in for the blu ray because it comes with both the series and OVA and was cheaper than buying them separate on DVD.So that's another one along with Actually I Am that I am going to need to wait to get a new tv to watch...

Daylight Savings comes next Sunday.So our choir had to sing a ditty reminding people to set
    their clocks forward next Saturday night.

And sad to say they only gave Watsuki a slap on the wrist as ANN reports he only got a
    equivalent to a $1,900 fine....really wish Tokiko would "slaugther his guts"
    Then again sad comment on today's society...
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/7/2018, 2:52 pm

My theory is that Moyo from Wizard Barristers is really Homura in disguise.That's my theory and
    I'm sticking to it (joking) Laughing

Feel like I have been a bit like Alice chasing the White Rabbit through Wonderland lately as I have
    been following through on trying to find the parents of one of my 4x great Irish grandfathers.
    It took awhile but I am satisfied with what I have found.

Then again that's how genealogy goes at times...

So some people in Seattle don't know the difference between the Confederate and Norwegian
    flags?
    hint:the Confederate flag is the one with the stars in the bars,which is why it's called
    The Stars and Bars!

Star Wars:Rebels ended it's run on Disney XD Monday. I think it was one of the best
    versions of Star Wars I've seen in a long while.It didn't feel like I was watching a kid's
    show when I was watching it as it never stinted when it came to the action and people dying.
    Disney did a pretty good job of it,for once.
    One of the pleasant surprises was finding out that Freddie Prinze,Jr. actually voiced Kanan
    one of the main characters.
    Also Steven Blum did some additional voice work,then again it's not hard to recognize his
    voice after watching Cowboy Bebop and Big O.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/9/2018, 3:36 pm

So The Big Lebowski turns 20 this year. The Dude Abides.

IF nothing else that movie taught us that! Laughing Laughing

Read the TPB for DC's Justice League.Road To Rebirth yesterday.It seemed that
    Batman's mantra throughout it(once he showed up)was:"We need a league made up not of
    Gods but of Humans..." and I kept thinking..."..er..Avengers much there Bats?"
    As it does sound like the Rebirth version of the JLA was taking a page out of the
    Avengers' book.

Speaking of DC:Gotham continues to be the coolest and best series they have on tv.
    Then again it's on FOX and not the CW.Though Arrow is not far behind.

Next week is my birthday and I plan on going to one of the second hand shops and see
    what I can pick up in regards to BDs (non-anime) I think it's $11 fir five,but will see.
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 8616
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv on 3/10/2018, 2:20 am

Random Thought: Holy crap you guys are still on here posting....

One of my accounts got hacked so I've been going through everything changing stuff... so here I am.

Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/12/2018, 3:28 pm

Yep, sometimes there's just me,at other times there's Almael (depending on his schedule and where
    he is)and then there's a couple of others that are here ever once in awhile.

Ever since Tenchiforum folded I've been thinking of maybe joining another forum to go with
    this one but keep putting it off.So this is the only one I'm at right now.

JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv on 3/12/2018, 3:49 pm

That was a mess, technically you can still log in and post and the TenchiForum forum if you had an account and know the link, but pretty much everyone moved to the Discord.  They started doing tenchicasts again just recently since AI is getting a dub treatment with Petrea as Ryoko again. They announced they're going to do the AI manga translation too.

I advocated against getting all riled up over Ai and the Useless group and OVA 4, but they just couldn't handle it and cut the board off. There were still plenty of other things unrelated to OVa or AI that were good, like the novels and universe, all the untranslated stuff. But AI was held up to an obscene level of fanfare, so meh whatever. Tokyo and OVA3 were more "Tenchi" than AI, and that's a hell of a statement to make with as bad as OVA3 was.

I have the Discord and I take a look around once in a while, but I'm super busy these days, struggling to get by. My anime club balooned up to 1200 members and seems to be collapsing on itself after 4 years of blood and money poured into it. My dad's had Parkinson's the last 5 years and that's been very hard to deal with full time too. I made $1800 for the whole of 2017 because I've been a full time caregiver. Dealt with bankruptcy last year too. Car got totaled by a deer. Had a roommate for a while, had to force them out. Started some other clubs and groups, got banned from one for trying to advocate safety around kids. Trying to get to a point of moving, since the house was let go in the bankruptcy.

I'm honestly tired of fighting on all fronts and trying to get people to see the bigger picture. I put tons of energy into helping, and get left behind. People just want to be depraved, get drunk, be entertained and escape reality, not take care of the actual issues.  

I'm of a mind to just take care of myself, start a new web handle, and go translate stuff I like like Steins;Gate on the side. I don't have the capacity for any more drama.

So that's why I've been away.

Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/14/2018, 1:33 pm

I have only been over there a couple of times after it shut down.Don't know what Discord is and
    don't really care at this point.

I used to go and lurk at Animenation Forums a lot but even they seem to have less
    activity these days. Currently I have mainly been lurking around the Old School Otaku
    forums.It's interesting to see how many younger fans are interested in older anime,though
    I think most of their members have been around since at least the original Space Battleship Yamato/Starblazers;though they have at least a couple members in their 20s.

Yeah, I hear you when you talk about your dad, my dad is a bit senile and is in his 90s so talking
    with him can be a bit frustrating at times.He's also a bit deaf and absent minded.Mostly though
    he spends his time napping.
    We finally had to take his car keys away from him.

I read a list of Minnesota Twins fans favorite and least favorite teams over at Twinkie Town
    at SB Nation yesterday.Interesting enough the #2 favorite team after the Twins was the Seattle
    Mariners.A lot of it had to do with Griffey and Ichiro.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/16/2018, 1:09 pm

Florida International Universe had a sky walk collapse.People would like to blame the President for this
    even though it's something that could have happened no matter who was in the WH.
    It might not have even been shoddy workmanship or poor material,sometimes even the best built
    structures will fail without notice even after passing all the proper building inspections.
    All it takes is one small crack somewhere to weaken the rest of the building.
    Unfortunately from what I understand several people were either injured or killed;OTOH it was fortunate that it happened when it did and not after it had been officially opened when many more
    might have been injured or killed.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 3/17/2018, 9:43 pm

Welcome back JGZinv.
    What's the discord channel again? I may drop by some time.

@Mitsuki: Discord is a chat program similar to IRC. It became popular with gamers since you can share all kinds of stuff per drag&drop, a lot easier than IRC. In IRC you got to setup your computer as server and manage access rights etc.
    I haven't used discord a lot, though.

Yamato is still coming with their re-imaged show. I wonder when the next movie-esque episode comes... A lot of new people were hooked last time so they should be better of than us.

LoGH's new show should be airing soon. Very Happy I bet it's growing fastest these days.

RIP. Nothing's worse than experiencing death moments before you're gone. I prefer gone before knowing. I heard the bridge collapsed just after testing. Machinations of rumors Laughing

Anyway, I had a little accidents some days ago. A high energetic encounter with some boulder. I hit a sharp edge with a pointy corner. It more or less cut to the bone of my toes. Lots of bleeding, icing etc. Second time I got to be driven to a hospital. I haven't been to a hospital since, well, serving. Other than my toes nothing else got hurt, though. I was lucky it didn't hit the more sensitive area. It might have been quite serious. I suppose I could have become a disabled. In any case, it stings and hurts every time I move. I got a temporary cast and signed up with the itching hell. It's still cold and all snowy as ever here. So getting around has become very troublesome. Since I can't carry a lot I got to go shopping more often, too. It's too bad I'm half the world away from my folks.
    It's heavy snowing again so I'm definitely going to cower in my men cave.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 3/19/2018, 12:15 am

I've found MS Win10 sneaked its own "maleware" onto my computer recently: remsh.exe
    https://borncity.com/win/2017/11/05/windows-what-is-remsh-exe-for/
    It uses lots of CPU time and wakes up the computer by itself and resets update options to default.
    Also it seems to secretly grab computer data and sends them to MS.
    I'm trying to get rid of it but this might be a vain attempt every time MS updates.
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv on 3/19/2018, 3:54 pm

There's the tenchi discord, like I said I don't visit often. https://discord.gg/bhynhbe

Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/19/2018, 5:03 pm

I got a book for my birthday from my sister in Alaska called Strange Science, apparently
    you can still survive if you loose up to a third of your blood, so I guess you can still argue that
    Spike and Vicious survived the ending of Cowboy Bebop(or could've).Just saying...
    Also Vicious pretty much flies against the commonsense of bringing a knife to a gun fight which is
    why that is one of the coolest duels in all of anime...

I spent some time making up lists of titles I want to get from Nozomi,Sentai and Discotek.
    I was confused that both Sentai and Discotek listed Vampire Hunter D in their catalogue
    until I realized that Discotek's was Bloodlust.

Also it appears that Stan Lee's daughter and body guard are sadly fighting over who the proper
    heir is. This is going to be one of those massive million dollar estates once he leaves for the
    Big Bull Pen in the Sky.
    I suppose Marvel owns the rights to all the characters he and Jack Kirby created now.

Finally I had some dumb luck with genealogy and found the place where one of my 3x Irish
    great grandmothers was born.It was an index that listed names of people who died in co.Cork,
    how old they were,what they died of when they died,where the were born where they died and
    occupation and religion.
    Her husband died basically of a stroke and was born in Donoughmore (they spell it with an e fpr some reason) and was Church of Ireland and classified as gentleman.
    She died of Natural Decay (unless they mean Natural Causes?) born in Killavulleen
    gentlewoman and Roman Catholic. I think this is one of the main reasons he gave land to
    the local RC parish where they lived...
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/21/2018, 1:53 pm

Was surprised on Monday night when watching DC's Legends of Tomorrow half way
    through the network switched from the CW to Accu Weather Channel.

Quite odd that since there was no notice,it just happened. I wonder how many irate calls they
    might have got.

Some of my Wish List for Discotek:
    1.NieA-7:from the creator of Lain and Haibane Renmei
    2.Beautiful Dreamer probably the Urusei Yatsura movie
    3.Arcadia of my Youth Captian Harlock
    4.Blue Submarine No. 6 sounds like a good go with for Arpeggio of Blue Steel
    5.Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust
    6.Project A-KO I hear that the first is the best.
    7.Crusher Joe it's by the same people that gave us Dirty Pair
    8.Ultramaniac
    9.Key,the Metal Idol
    10.Lupin The Third Vs. Detective Conan,tv special this takes place before the movie.
    11.Ceres This and I think also Ultramaniac I was told about back in the days when
    Anime Cafe Forum was still up and around.
    12.Tenjho Tenge
    13.Galaxy Express 999 Maetel! Cool
    and there are also nine others I have listed but I listed these as the ones most people might be
    familiar with...
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/23/2018, 1:20 pm

Apparently Shopko has been having a five day sale.

It might be a good time to think about getting that new tv, then again I'm waiting for my sister
    to come down from Alaska to shop for tvs.

So on Gotham yesterday I had to lol! lol! at the number of times in the same scene that
    Selina used the word "Doucebag".
    She even used it to call Bruce one!
    The one plus of loosing the CW now and for at least now is the fact is that Gotham is the one
    DC show I still get to see. Smile

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/26/2018, 2:03 pm

My Sentai wish list:
    1.Akikan,gotta love a show where you can a free girl with each soft drink.
    2.Another
    3.Black Bullet
    4.Bodacious Space Pirates sounds like a good go with for Girls Und Panzer
    5.Busou Shinki
    6.Canaan
    7.Burn Up!
    8.Chaika
    9.Cross Ange
    10.Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
    11.Dog And Scissors,reincarnation plus one of the worse pet owners ever
    12.Familiar of Zero
    13.Flip Flappers aside from the yuri element probably one of the must have magical series
    14.Gate D & D in real life basically
    15.Waiting in the Summer thanks for the recommend Zinv!
    16.Valerian & Laureline I think this was based on the same material as the movie
    17.Those Who Hunt Elves,yeah...about time I got it
    18.The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
    19.Penguindrum another one I have meant to get for a long time.
    20.Okimkaksuhi
    21.Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R
    22.Mysterious Girlfriend X well if you get Another it seems natural to have this on your list as well.

Also went to the second hand shop that sells comics and got the following today:
    1.The Amazing Spider-Man:Amazing Grace part 1
    2.Witchblade:Destiny's Child part 3
    3.Avengers West Coast #67
    4.Avengers West Coast #69
    5.Marvel's Superheroes Secret Wars #10
    6.Conan The Barbarian(Marvel) #257
    7.She-Hulk #003 (2nd printing)
    8.Red She-Hulk #062
    9.Red She Hulk #061

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 3/28/2018, 12:18 pm

I dunno if Valerian is that good. The movie was like 5-elements esque and likewise it's like a collection of material from different sources... Nice to watch & entertain but I wouldn't necessary expect more.

My foot got freed from the cast and more or less healed. It still stings at certain angles or so. Still a little scar left but it should go away in time... Spanish or Arabian parasites scare me more.

So it seems turkey lost a few Leopard 2A4 tanks and now seeks help from Israel and Russia. The irony. Laughing They probably are gonna copy their active defense system. Whatever we are gonna regret it either way.

Hmm, Back to the Future world but in the virtual?
    https://japantoday.com/category/entertainment/'ready-player-one'-takes-spielberg-back-and-to-the-future
    Sounds like he jumped on the virtual game type of Japanese/chinese/Korean novel/anime/manga... stories
    It's probably more like Gits or Matrix action type and more for us western audiences.

https://japantoday.com/category/features/lifestyle/'samurai'-with-jet-packs-have-a-mid-air-katana-battle-in-japan
    Armorless Sentai. Laughing
    Notice Son-Goku's stuff trick! in the video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p01_RX20I84) I don't think it's an ordinary telescope trick but a typical asian origami trick with rolled up paper with a metal telescope at its core for support.

https://japantoday.com/category/picture-of-the-day/new-godzilla
    Yep, the new Godzilla with the semi mouth at its tail where it shoots a second beam.

Australia has decided to buy the german KMW Boxer aka GTK Boxer also sold by Artec in Britain. It's funny other than taking part in writing up the specification the brits had no hand in the design yet always claim they do. Anyway, it's a great wheeled APC with well today's standard armor and great anti-mine protection (including airbags and field toilet, kitchen etc.) The medical module version is like a rolling hospital.  Surprised  I kind of like it. I wish there was something like that back then. Sadly, these days ambulances have to have armor. Armored ambulances are now the rage aside from 8x8 wheelers.

Edit:
    Lego's LDD (digital designer) got updated. Dunno what that is about but its library is as outdated as when they gave up the program and all their services a few years ago. But this year's LDraw library update finally got parts I can use on my old builds that have been lying around for a good decade or more. Still about 1500 parts left unapproved aka unofficial plus a lot more not digitized yet.  Crying or Very sad Well, Lego has no interest in making it easy or cheap. In fact, its prizing is more stable than any currency, and the resale worth is higher than gold. Building something like the above GTK Boxer consumes about a thousand pieces at minifig scale (1/35-45) costing (2x vs. Lego's) around 250-700 bugs.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/28/2018, 1:41 pm

Well I did see The Iron Giant in all those ads for the movie.But that's only he's such an easy
    character to point out.

And what was the reason for heading the head at the end of Godzilla's tail in the first place?
    It just makes him look weird.

Yeah...well...it might be different from the movie.

My Nozomi/Lucky Penny list:

1.A Town Where You Live for the Suzuka link
    2.Blessing of the Campanella
    3.Galaxy Angel
    4.Gasaraki
    5.Hyakko
    6.Irresponsible Captain Tylor another sci fi comedy action series to go with Nadesico
    7.Lost Slayers Lost Universe so basically Slayers in space...
    8.MS Igloo the War from Zeon's view
    9.The Rose of Versailles
    10.Sketch Book Full of Colors
    11.Sound of the Sky
    12.Tamayura Hitostose
    13.The Third yeah something I've thought about getting for awhile..
    14.Fantastic Detective Labyrinth
    15.Pita ten
    16.Ninja Nonsense gotta love a series about a girl who wants to be a Ninja but whose sensei
    is a pervert of a ball! Laughing Laughing
    17.Ristorante Paradiso food!!!!
    18.Shingu
    19.Princess Nine baseball!!!!!!!!!!
    20.Ah! My Buddha

Well it looks like I was wrong and everything is back to normal with our local CW station.Still don't
    quite understand what happened but it was back to normal this week...so far...

The weather might actually be good today (cross fingers).

So Red She-Hulk is Bruce Banner's ex Betty Ross and not a new form of Jen "She-Hulk" Walters his
    cousin.What is it with the women in Banner's life that they end up becoming She-Hulks?
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 3/30/2018, 1:47 pm

And now the list of anime I want to either finish or at least get more of:
    1.Aria
    2.Nanoha
    3.Azumanga Daioh
    4.Cat's Eye first need to finish season 1 before getting into season 2.
    5.Utena
    6.Ikki-tousen need to finish Dragon Destiny and then move on to the final two seasons.
    7.Dirty Pair can one have enough Kei and Yuri?
    8.Case Closed
    9.Gundam
    10.Neon Genesis Evangelion basically waiting for Anno to get done with 4.44 but also
    need more of the series.
    11.RahXephon not on the list I wrote,but only have vol.1.
    12.Digi-Charat
    13.Inuyasha
    14.Ghost In The Shell basically the rest of Arise and more of Stand Alone Complex
    15.Ghost Sweeper Mikami
    16.Squid Girl yeah basically season 2,which if I want I may have to double dip season 1.
    17.Girls Und Panzer thanks Almael for mentioning the new season? Must have my Mako
    addiction filled! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    18.You're Under Arrest
    19.K-ON! Must have my Mio addiction also filled!
    20.Himouto!Umaru-Chan
    21.Gunslinger Girl
    22.Ai Yori Aoshi
    23.RWBY
    24.Sailor Moon
    25.Lupin The Third

I know that both RahXephon and Ai Yori Aoshi would be impossible now to finish up
    unless they get re-licensed some how. I could also add Angel Tales as something that
    probably won't be coming back any time soon...

Wedding Peach I would have added but only need the 6 episodes that make up volume 7
    and the OVA.

I've also wondered about replacing the DVDs with BDs.Then again that would take a lot of time and effort to find copies of the titles that are on BD and exchange them for the DVD versions.
    The only reason I even think of it is because if I could exchange the ones I have on DVD that are
    also on BD for the BD versions I would have a bit more room.
    then there's also the monetary cost...

So Easter falls on April Fool's Day and our pastor wants the choir to do the hokey pokey as a joke
    at the end of the service....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 10/23/2018, 10:49 am