Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2489
    Imperial Credits : 11302
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover on 1/19/2018, 5:24 pm

Will that be the final season of the live action Moribito?

I saw a show on Nat Geo yesterday night called:Live Free Or Die about five different people
    living in the wild or trying to.Basically hippies of the 21 century types.

I forgot but are they in the Mirror Universe in Discovery now?

Really I think the girls of the School Living Club in School Live had the best idea:
    stay in one place where you can grow your own food and where there's plenty of fresh water.
    If you move around too much you're more likely to get infected like poor Kei.
    Also what do you do if you run out of gas in the middle of nowhere during the Zombie Apocalpyse?

The wind hasn't been too bad here this winter.Mainly snow and now it looks more like early Spring
    with the snow off of the roadway and some places grass starting to show.Don't expect it to last too long as sooner or later we're bound to get some more snow.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2562
    Imperial Credits : 13953
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael on 1/19/2018, 8:59 pm

Moribito live action still has one more season (next year). Wonder if they ever will do the rest. Haruka seems to be more popular these days, too. She's the TV commercial promoter for Coca Colar's new limited peach flavor drink in Japan.
    Also I saw her in another show I would like to take a closer look sometime...

Discovery is now taking place in the Mirror Universe with no end in sight. I'm guessing the ride will last at least one season. It seems for the next two or three Micheal will be pitted against the Empress, then move on to the actual returning objective or joining the rebellions. So it certainly will take a while.

Well, I'm not so into blood & gore stuff and hence haven't really watched the Walking Dead (TWD) etc. so I'm not so familiar with all Z lore/story/options. But imho as in the beginning of TWD or a certain manga(s) or survival games (7 Days to Die) I think having a solid base with ample supply is best. However, being on the run also has some merit especially in the first stage of the outbreak: to get away from the city centers and reaching a point where you can setup base without having to fend off while doing so.
    As people in the know are saying gas is more worth than gold or water...
    I don't think Mad Max gypsy style is possible. You may be able to find gas and lots of zombies in urban or developed areas but nothing lasts forever. If left alone gas & power/electricity will leaks/evaporates sooner or later and nothing will be left to use. At first you won't be the only one. Accidents, fire, competition and other events will use up whatever is available much faster than naturally left alone. Things get lost. So I don't think "open" resources will last more than a month even if there's more. As with certain mangas and Z movie it's a good idea to have bikes at hand. OF course being the best abundance place like the jungle (with lots of animal Zombies) bikes are useless.
    On the other hand the safest places are all very unkind in supporting life. Yep, same results as in all other survival scenarios.
    But seriously if a Z infection exists there's no escape from infection. You won't get far enough to worry about how to survive.

Yeah, seeing how temperatures changes in winter and snow can still fall in june even in our current global warming & the chaos (as a means of balance) it's somewhat difficult to say when the season has ended. I've seen trees getting green last year only to be covered in snow days later and leaves getting color full again.

Now that sanctions are luming over russia it seems they aim to use NKorea as a battlefield to take away some wind maybe or whatever game. Things are going to heat up soon with elections coming in russia. Putin probably will try to stir things up elsewhere as a distraction for us.

Anyway, right now is a good time for a new TV if you still haven't bought one yet, Mitsuki. Prices are down and 4K & display tech has matured. 8K is somewhat coming pushing prices down a bit.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 1/22/2018, 4:41 pm

School Live is probably one of the few Zombie themed shows or movies that I enjoyed,except for what happened to poor Kei.I wish she had had a happier ending to her story arch not just for her but also for Miki.
    Don't know but wonder if I ought to get High School of the Deadnow,especially that Sentai has the rights for it.

Samsung?
    My BD player is a Samsung so I've been told that would be a good option.
    I just got my BD of Actually I Am and DVD ofPhoton today.Plan on watching the latter after
    I finish Girls Und Panzer.After Monster Musume I plan on going on to RWBY
    Season 1. I think I will ration the 4 seasons I have so far between other anime.

Sooo....No home Superbowl game for the Vikings.I think the really bad part wasn't loosing to
    the Eagles,but the fact that the press had to rub it in by calling the Superbowl "America's
    Bowl Game" just because it's New England and Philly.
    Then again to add injury to insult the Eagles fans lived down to their reputation as the worse
    fans in pro-sports.At least in America.

Well on the positive side of things pitchers and catchers start reporting for Spring Training soon! Very Happy
    I guess everyone who isn't into NBA or NHL or isn't an Eagles or Pats fan is now gearing up for
    the MLB season again.

And speaking of MLB,turns out one of the people who is behind the drive to get Edgar Martinez in the HOF isn't even from Seattle or a Mariners fan..he's actually a Phillies fan!
    So there are some good people out there in Philadelphia,just not among Eagles fans..or at least
    not those tailgating yesterday..
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 1/22/2018, 7:59 pm

Well, I was never quite happy with High School of the Dead. Since, I've finished reading the whole manga years before the anime was made I was even less enthusiastic when it came out. That said it's good, but the story comes up short. Obviously the author lost his way along the way. For example he introduced the "security friend" early one but in the end we never saw much about her even tough it was clear she would play a major role. Then it just ends after fleeing from the mansion. This leaves it unfinished and me unsatisfied. Note it's one of the earliest if not the first using bicycles for stealth movement. You won't be disappointed. The manga is slightly better with more details.

Samsung is a good start since they are the most favorite (reliable) leader on the marked.
    You don't really need the internet/Web/interactive services or intelligent (smart TV) whatever option. Just make sure it supports modern video formats. TV with *.mkv format support for example has been around for a decade so don't hold back going crazy about these. (H265/X265 etc.) If you do want smart TV make sure it can & does support streaming services e.g. youtube, NetFlix is most basic. Having access to about 50-100 services is pretty normal imho, 1000 isn't unheard of either. But I guess it depends on your receiving end whether it's cable or satellite, too.

So continuing my rice cooking effort I used the washing phase to also filter out whatever was left. I simple purred the rice slowly into the water such that they would separate during the fall. The lighter bugs/larvae would float and easy to spill out. This procedure could save me the actual washing with my hands but I still did to make sure any dirt is washed off. The rest was simple. The down side was the cleaning since rice leaves some sticky residue.
    Since I was at it I decided to do some extensive cleaning. Some of my cookware had collected a thin layer of some kind at the bottom that wouldn't go away with washing. I didn't want to use wire brushes or steel wool but left me no choice sine nothing had worked. I suppose it came from the bouillon cubes I've been using this past year. I hadn't this problem with iodized salt, sodium glutamate or disodium glutamate. *shrugs*

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/19/boris-johnson-channel-bridge-france-emmanuel-macron
    Figures, especially with Brexit the traffic won't be as high anymore. It's also half submerged, the middle, to allow ships traffic.
    While reading I saw an Adidas ad somewhere on the side and learned a new term: enhanced assets. It appears "enhanced" has been adopted to also describe body improvements afforded by surgery. Makes me laugh thinking about the combination of words.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 1/24/2018, 2:42 pm

Right now I just want it for basically watching DVDs and BDs as well as my regular tv shows and sports.
    Though the way prices are rising with cable...

I know High School of the Dead was popular a few years back when it originally came out.
    And then they did the OVA,but that is all.Though the OVA really seems to be another excuse for
    doing a Zombie themed beach episode.

Macron has been talking about how France might have done the same as Britain and exit the EU.
    I guess everyone has gotten fed up with how Brussels has been running things.

Yeah...when you see the words enhanced assets you kinda go certain places in your mind.

Looks like everyone in Mariner Nation is on pins and needles except Edgar Martinez about maybe
    this being the year for him.The guy is one of the most Phlegmatic players in all of sports.I really don't think it matters to him one way or the other,although it be cool to see him get it since he
    certainly deserves it.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 1/25/2018, 10:13 pm

Yeah, the High School of the Dead OVA is not worth it. Just use youtube if you want to watch it.

The problem with the EU parliament is as I've said some time ago, the weirdness that parties that fail in their countries are so much more prominent. Having that kind of bunch ruling ... it just doesn't compute and now they complain about the huge deficit of their big retirement plans... Rolling Eyes I understand the larger group of unreliable members and their dubious interests drags them all down.

Edgar Martinez is already well off there so, yeah, it doesn't matter as much for him. It's just the title that's missing. He still has a shot, although it might be harder.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/01/new-form-of-qubit-control-may-yield-longer-computation-times/
    after reading over half of it my strained patience finally arrived at their solution. Basically the idea is to place the "center" of the information signal along the wave form rather than peak, valley or 0. It's all basically what's been done in radio/TV etc. with the displacements of carrying frequency and actual signal frequency. The same goes for modern DDR rams and optical cable with multiple channels. It just seems not as straight forward. *shrugs*
    Note: the old big board image from pre-2008
    https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/SeriousManChalkboard.jpg
    It's obviously about fission, energy, fly off, frequency etc but nothing quantum...

I've heard more chatter these days about the army close to getting new standard rifles. It turns out to be the plastic cased ammo & weapons (LSAT) now being close to final design. And it seems to be fixed on the 6.5 mm caliber. After dragging on so long it seems so sudden now.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/?s=LSAT
    While looking I gotta say weapons development is so fast pace these days, although, still same old primitive tech. New shot guns with even bigger mags, newer & deadlier & green ammo for BMGs. The current and future battlefield is so much more deadly.
    Then there's foldable pistols... looks like transforming weapons are coming. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/18/folding-glock-43/
    A concealed large pistol with 19 rounds... Shocked http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/07/07/full-conceal-m1-sig-p320-compact-9-mm/ I don't think that lady needs a concealed weapon. Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 1/26/2018, 4:40 pm

Well there is still the Veterans' Committee if Edgar doesn't get the votes of the writers.From what I read it's basically the ones who think that DH shouldn't count that are really against him.Up to a few years ago they thought the same way about inducting any pitcher that was a closer as well.

Right now I'm more interested in Land of the Lustrous from what I read about it it sounds like it might end up being the next RWBY.

I forget but what preciously was Rally's favorite sidearm in Gunsmith Cats? I know I can
    look it up since I have the first manga compilation in my collection.All I know is it was a Czech
    made weapon.
    I was going to say it was the same one featured in the article but a different model(obviously)
    but wasn't sure is why I ask.

Grumpy Cat won about $710,001 for breach of contract...never mess with the Grumpy Cat! Laughing
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 1/28/2018, 12:13 pm

Land of the Lustrous=Houseki no Kuni the show finished airing last season see The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? Well, it looks like a Buddhist themed (philosophy) show with relationships. It seemed to have been somewhat popular but I skipped it. *shrugs* check youtube

Rally's favorite was the CZ-75 (CZ=Czech). I wonder why no anime has the Tokarev.

Watched Counterpart, the show with the split universe/parallel universe. The plot seems simple but I'll keep watching for a while. The "dark" universe seems more advanced with the superstructure in the background (kind of like pre-Bladerunner/Bubblegum Crisis Neo-Tokyo)
    And yeah, I had a good laugh at the mirror scene from X-Files. The B&W reminded me of Twilight which was referred to 4 minutes later. Very Happy

The crack down on Bitcoins has become a leading talk more or less. One reason being the numerous heists in Korea, Japan etc. Another being the energy consumption. And of course fears of spill overs to the "real" economy. Bank studies already exist, too. Basically everyone tries to put it under control. Since it's crypto related it has unspoken crypto-breaking applications, too (people are finding keys for free)
    https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption
    Yep, energy consumption is as much as a small country year's worth (not counting African countries)

I've looked up the Walking Dead wiki & the show to redeem my ignorance. The wiki is impressive and deteiled. It's missing advanced wiki edits but it covers like 90% of all possible information you would want to know. I'm also surprised about the asian philosophies hidden in the show and character development... until I saw all the Korean names in the credits. No wonder a lot seems familiar like the intertwining plots/backgrounds. I thought the show was finished last year but WP says they might have another 7 years to go. Hmm...

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 1/29/2018, 4:50 pm

Bitcoin was really popular with the libertarians when it got started and I remember that Reason
    had a whole slew of articles promoting it back then.

Yeah,like I said I had the compilation of the first couple volumes of Gunsmith Cats and they go into Rally being a fan of the CZ-75.One reason was the walnut grip made it easier to handle.

I have been watching The Residentat 9 on FOX Mondays (well ok,it's only been the second
    part of the pilot last week technically),so far I like it better than The Good Doctor.
    In one scene last week the intern gets pissed with the main character and tells him off in front of
    everyone in their favorite watering hole.At the end of his screed the main character congradulates him on passing what they call "Independence Day"!
    (Part of which he had to sit down and record all the other doctor's logsbefore they leave,but it being the end of shift everyone wants to get out in a hurry! Laughing )

After a couple of months I finally got some more comics,when the shopkeeper went to
    work the cash register she accidentally set off the alarm and had to shut it down again. Rolling Eyes
    Any way I got:
    two more Avengers
    another Ironman
    another Spider-man
    a Ghost Rider first one I've bought.
    and a Silver Sable and the Wild Pack this one had Spidey in it. Smile

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 1/31/2018, 2:23 pm

Fox News online had an article about a book Bob Crane's son wrote about his dad's life and death.
    It turns out that Crane's addiction to sex was an open secret and was the reason for both of his
    divorces.
    It also appears that the second one was a wake up call and he promised to get help when he died.
    Other than that his son says he was a good father but that he should never had been married
    because of his womanizing.

Saw a bit of the Super Full Blue Blood Moon today.It was later around 6 so didn't get the full
    affect,but still it was amazing to see.

I suppose it was better than what the rest of the country didn't see.

I must be in the minority in that I enjoyed The Resident,yeah the last episode got a bit
    overly political with the illegal working at the hospital and everything,still it was only the second
    episode,so there's still room for them to improve.
    I think for the most part though some of the criticism is probably from fans of The Good Doctor who don't want another new medical series competing with theirs.

It was almost good enough today to ride my bike but it's still Winter so I will wait..
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/2/2018, 4:35 pm

Sloppy outside again.Rain and snow=pretty much slush now.
    btw: when I was looking up the census for Henderson Township in Jefferson co. Pennsylvania,
    where my maternal grandpa's family lived before they moved to Westmoreland co. Pa.,I found
    that there was a family actually named Sloppy listed.
    Interesting what you find.

Sooo.....Rose McGowan and Alyssa Milano aren't friends even though they co-starred on
    Charmed,I wonder how far this dates back to.

Thinking of reading some more of Terry Brooks' Shannara books. I want to start with
    the first one: The Sword of Shannara because I have the second and third ones already.
    So the first is the only one I would have to check out of the library.
    Been awhile since I read either of them,but wanted to start with the first book if I can get it
    since that is the only one of the original trilogy I haven't read yet.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 2/3/2018, 5:35 am

mitsuki lover wrote:
    Other than that his son says he was a good father but that he should never had been married
    because of his womanizing.
    That wouldn't have worked as he's apparently a successful & compulsive womanizer. What's worse? a married one or one who's never married but leaves a trail of children (aka  megaplayboy a la DNA^2)

mitsuki lover wrote:
    I must be in the minority in that I enjoyed The Resident,yeah the last episode got a bit
    overly political with the illegal working at the hospital and everything,still it was only the second
    episode,so there's still room for them to improve.
    I think for the most part though some of the criticism is probably from fans of The Good Doctor who don't want another new medical series competing with theirs.

It was almost good enough today to ride my bike but it's still Winter so I will wait..
    Yeah, but I think it will get attention sooner or later since it's kind of different from your usual medical show. Well, not unless you've seen some japanese/korean medical show in recent (5) years. Half of them are this type while half are ordinary.
    Greys anatomy is still good ihmo but maybe it's been running too long and people got used to it?
    And I see Supernatural already has reached season 13.  Shocked  I don't mind with NCIS going in on, though.

mitsuki lover wrote:
    Sooo.....Rose McGowan and Alyssa Milano aren't friends even though they co-starred on
    Charmed,I wonder how far this dates back to.
    Imho it's unusual. Maybe some history behind this? In showbiz you gotta be on "professional" friendly terms since you never know when you will work together again.

Finally got to see Mulder & Scully's son. I suppose this will be the main story line from now on, although, more like a side story.

These days I've found a liking to light novels since they are easier to finish & follow & due to time spent. Lotr or Dune are just too much, although, I feel like going back to some classics from Clarke's or Asimov's.

The media is on about Trump & Putin again. It's only good for the records but won't change a thing. It feels more like a distraction to the more important things like interest rate, housing cost, Wells Fargo etc. A lot more is coming I would like them covered in more detail. *sighs*

Anyway some fun:

new equipment for a horde fire fest
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/01/elon-musks-flamethrower-looks-like-its-a-propane-torch-inside-an-airsoft-gun/

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/photos-show-china-preparing-to-test-naval-railgun/
    As replacement for the New Jersey guns you need to have a dozen or two for effect. Imho right now it's still a bit unaffordable. I don't think it will do them any better either but like with everything (and Russia) they'll mass produce regardless. For the near future we will shift to hypersonic missile anyway. And china is right behind, too.
    http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/hypervelocity-missile-breakthrough-makes-china-the-world-leader-in-new-weaponry/news-story/54cd94ab6883654575a028c1a6df6283
    Note the second video (copy below), it summarizes what I've been saying. It's just not quite correct.

Heat resistant materials are from Europe (the reason why the F-22 couldn't be build to fly faster than Mach 2 due to copyrights among others) Europe also had made advances in aerospace rockets/missiles. They just don't spend as much for this.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/5/2018, 6:06 pm

Ouch! That's gonna hurt!

Well I couldn't find The Sword of Shannara at the library as the only ones they had now were
    the series that came after The Wishsong ended the first series.So I'm going to plan B and
    reading The Elfstones and then The Wishsong.

Yeah, Putin and Trump are something they want to keep alive for their entertainment. Nothing to see.

I did some more digging into one of my Irish great grandmother's lines and found out one of my
    (I think)7xs great grandmothers was all but disinherited by her father.She got only a shilling because he says,"she disobliged me".
    Wonder what she did.
    Anyway he basically gave the majority of his estate in England and Ireland to his wife.

yeah,Supernatural has been on for awhile now hasn't it,it even has it's own animated version.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 2/6/2018, 2:32 pm

Uhm, the Shannara series is listed in the Gutenberg project with lengthily summary. For a moment I thought it was available there. *sighs* They got at least "newer" maps (french).
    http://www.self.gutenberg.org/article/WHEBN0000061317/Shannara

Hmm, 200 years ago... scratch not much to be disowned for. She must have broken her father's commandment on something.

While people are still excite & talking about the great TRAPPIST-1 system and its planets, the one I said years ago it's proof an ideal system with 4 planets in the habitable zone is possible. Now, we have found exoplanets outside the galaxy 3.8 billion Ly away. Too bad these are homeless planets.
    http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.3847/2041-8213/aaa5fb/meta
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/7/2018, 2:39 pm

I guess my best bet would check to see if the library has it where they keep the used books for sale.
    Fortunately unlike LOTR you don't need to read any of the previous books to enjoy any of the
    Shannara ones as they all are more or less stand alone.Though there is mention of what went on before,still you don't have to have read The Sword to enjoy either The Elfstones
    or The Wishsong.

The only thing I can think of is that he might some how have not approve of the marriage she made.

I don't know how a planet can be homeless unless you mean they aren't part of a solar system.

Haven't made any attempt other than looking around on the internet to get a new tv as of yet.
    Then again there still seems to be enough time to worry about that later.

I'm rather frustrated to the point of being pissed off now with Washington state's healthcare coverage.I can't access my account there and every time I try to it says I'm blocked and the people who answer the phones aren't much help really.
    It's one aggrevation after another...

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 2/8/2018, 5:26 pm

Btw. how does Morrowind in Shannara relate to The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind game? Any ideas?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_III:_Morrowind
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannara_(video_game)

I would say homeless here meant, lonely-wandering planets as wells as extra-galactic-wandering systems (since a star is not visible). The star could be a dead "cold" core.

https://www.sciencealert.com/quantum-tunnelling-could-harvest-energy-from-planet-infrared-heat
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2468606917301739
    https://phys.org/news/2018-02-diode-ultrafast-quantum-tunneling-harvest.html
    Hmm, with this local source drying out within a decade would be no longer a problem. But like I argued years ago the Earth would run cold in the long run. It won't be a cozy place anymore. However, for the short term it could sustain our hunger for energy for the whole world population.
    The problem has been addressed more than a decade ago...
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/02/a-basic-standard-of-living-could-be-environmentally-sustainable/

<iframe width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" src="http://www.bbc.com/news/av/embed/p05xf1n4/42982095"></iframe>
    http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-42982095/what-makes-a-military-parade
    I'm pretty sure the Brits were not the only ones with animals. Also they missed to list "civil & foreign participants" in the list.

Due to Bitcoin on the verge of getting purged (for the time being), the stock exchange troubles, a lot of economic discussion has been going. Really nothing new or unforseeable imho, it's the extend thereof that's difficult to pin point. Brexit for example meant that the Brits loose out on 750+ economic treaties world wide. It won't make a difference for the rest of world but for the brits it's no laughing matter. A problem is, however, that american interests are going to be affected along with them. The big events are yet to come.

Kim Jung Un's sister is taking part in the winter olympics... No wonder he's kept silent recently.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/9/2018, 3:12 pm

I have no idea since this is the first time I have ever heard of it.

Well,it looks like the female Californian State Legislator that was leading the charge for the
    #MeToo cause in the State is now in trouble for sexually harassing a male legislative aid for another
    Legislator a couple years back at a softball game...OOPS!

Goes to show you you can never be too careful.

This is going to be interesting to see what happens as to how the judges treat her.

I saw that Nat Geo was re-airing a show they had run on North Korea awhile back.

Seems like a lot of shows have gone on hiatus for the next couple of weeks.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/12/2018, 4:39 pm

Found out today that our e-mail provider migrated so we had to re-set up our account with them.
    They said it will take 24 hours to get everything back up and running.

It's interesting to go through Season 1 of RWBY after having seen Seasons 2 & 3
    earlier.Especially seeing early on how Weiss and the others didn't quite get along with each other,especially Weiss and Ruby and then see how they did become teammates.
    I think Jaune early on seems to have been the Joxer of the group..

Well I did check at the library when I came in and they didn't have any copy of The Sword of Shannara in the used books in the back.I guess it must be OOP then.
    Any way almost done with Elfstones.
    Been awhile since I last read it.
    I have a ton of books of my own I haven't read for a longish time,which is why I am reading them now.Same with comics.

This week I'm reading some of my old Lost In Space comics.
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/14/2018, 2:29 pm

We got dumped on by Mother Nature again after having a few weeks of good weather we got back to
    Winter.It was more than a bit slick outside so I had to use my walking stick to get to the PO and back.
    A couple times I slid but fortunately the only time I fell was when I got back into the yard.
    It could've been worse though,at least it's the fluffy kind so far and not the real hard stuff.
    Though if it rains later on in the week we may get that as well.

Trying to get our e-mail back up after it was migrated.
    A lot of running around but even after listening to what the tech said,we still can't get on to the e-mail because basically it isn't accepting the password so that we can get on so that we can
    click onto the place where we can get everything done.
    This makes me feel like this: confused confused confused confused

Well hopefully by the time Friday comes this will all be worked out once and for all.

"Other than that how did you like the play Mr.Lincoln?"

Seattle is closer to an NHL team.I hope they can grab NHL players that played in the
    WHL and in particular in the US Division;especially some former Spokane Chiefs and
    Seattle Thunderbirds.And yeah I mean you Jared Spurgeon!
    He and Tyler Johnson and Michael Grabner would be my top three picks if I were the NHL
    GM for Seattle...
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/16/2018, 3:25 pm

The e-mail system is still out for now.When I walked over to talk to them about it after getting the mail there was a sign on the door stating they would be closed for the day as their staff needed the time to work on all the problems that people were talking to them about on the phone.And if there were any further questions to call their offices.
    Stay tuned as we might not get back to e-mail until Tuesday at the earliest because of President's Day on Monday.

Right now snowing again.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/19/2018, 4:31 pm

Happy President's Day. Will have to check on the e-mail situation tommorrow since I am pretty sure
    it will be closed today.They open up at 9.
    It is a bit of a downer not knowing whether or not you're missing anything important.
    At least keeps the spam down for now.

One of the oddest names for any blog,especially for an anime blog that I have found is:
    Curiously Dead Cat. I discovered it at another blog called Mediveal Otaku that had
    an article linking to it.
    This brings a lot of obvious questions:
    1.Why is the cat dead?
    2.What about it being curious killed it?
    3.How long did it take the owner of the site to come up with the name?
    4.What the heck does it have to do with anime any way?

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 2/20/2018, 11:15 am

It's been snowing a lot for the past two weeks here. It's damn cold; the rooms cool down in less than 30 minutes without central heating on. Even in a city getting around in this cold is tiring. I slipped a few times. Ouch! And the net connections is erratic. It seems to me a problem on both ends. (Throttling problem from state side?)

A bunch of web & CPU security issues are in discussion: automated CPU vulnerability exploitation; aggressive tracking (customer tracking/coercion). Bitcoin and co are not going to die because the banks have no interest of killing it. All in all it only will get worse as any e-money transfer gets more wide spread. We are all dependent and can't stop this. Surprisingly, according to latest papers, germany remains one of the last resisting places.

FlightSimLabs has been sneaking password stealing programs with their products to "fight" piracy. It copies the whole password list from Chrome browser if it thinks there's a stolen key on the machine. Well, no different from what MS is doing secretly imho. W10 scans the internal & external hard drive every time the computer is turned on; collects your net activity/transfers and video viewing information etc. Everything is transparent these days since before yesterday. Sooner or later we probably get net ID pushed on use for security reasons.

Chinese police officers can now scan people in real time via a headset. We aren't behind technologically, so it's just a matter of time now. Body cams are already in place. Personally I don't care being spied on by a foreign power. The most they can do is kill you but one's own government can do all kinds of things.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/21/2018, 2:46 pm

When I got up it was -20 and is currently +10.

Arpeggio of the Blue Steel left Seattle and is now in transit which means it ought to make
    it here some time by Friday or Saturday.

Irony of the day: Hollywood actors who star in action films protesting against gun ownership.

Actually I can think of over a half dozen ways of killing someone without a firearm or weapon of
    any kind.
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael on 2/21/2018, 5:03 pm

Yep, guns and sex are still popular movie/show features, especially after 9/11. In the previous era we got anti war movies, moving on to action/scifi and now we got a lot of violence themed crime/police/military shows.
    This won't change ever.

We humans are, sadly, fragile creatures. Easily killed and easily going killing. If there's magic in the world I imagine it would be far worse.

World of Guns
    The russians pretty much have a hold on the military computer simulation games.
    This games allow you to disassemble weapons or weapon systems. It's meh as a game but interesting from a technical point of view.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/262410/World_of_Guns_Gun_Disassembly/
    the BMP-3

Its fighting force is easily seen by its sheer number of weapons. I don't think there's a better suited vehicle for the battlefield. It just need armor and weapons upgrade like what the Emirates are doing.

Not long ago there was a research paper on how bad birthrates were in the states and the UN has released the annual report
    https://www.unicef.org/media/media_102677.html
    https://japantoday.com/category/national/japan-is-safest-place-to-be-born-unicef-report-says
    I think the japanese report is misleading since their rates is decreasing year by year.
    As far as childcare and family support goes those aren't listed here...

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover on 2/23/2018, 3:25 pm

I've been re-reading what I have of the Batman mini-series Hush from 2003.
    I have chapters 7-12.
    Pretty good with a lot of twists and turns to keep one guessing.

And now it appears that the friends and relatives of Nikolas Cruz had been warning the sheriffs
    department of Broward co. Florida for the past 2 years about him and even begged them to come
    and take his guns away before he could do what he did...

Of course if Magick were real (as opposed to simply Magic) the worse thing would be all the
    amateurs and incompetents who would think that they're the next Merlin or Morgan Le Fay.
    They would be a lot more dangerous then the most competent dark magician...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/26/2018, 7:35 pm