Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

5 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4168
    Imperial Credits : 17782
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 3/8/2017, 1:59 pm

Monday watched episode 4 of season 1 of Ah! My Goddess for my Raw Monday Night.
    This was the one where Belldandy goes to school for the first time and campus queen Sayoko
    tries everything she can think of to get her kicked out.
    Ah! poor Sayoko gets dumped on by a pail of water and chased by a dog and then can't find a
    place to park with Keiichi.
    Should've stayed home! Laughing

Tuesday episode 4 of Suzuka Field Day and Yamato wants to impress Suzaku. He brags that he was good at everything when he was in Junior High except " one thing". But his first attempt fails
    when he only gets 74 cm at the standing high jump and everyone else gets 84 cm. He feels low
    the rest of the time until Yasoboru eggs him on to try the dash. Reluctantly he does and surprisingly wins!
    Yasoboru tells Suzuka and Honoka that's because Yamato was always fast in getting away from trouble.
    The next day it rains and Yamato forgets his umbrella so he decides to wait for Suzuka because she has weight training. Honoka volunteers to walk home with him but Yasoboru steers her away.
    Yamato ends up waiting for Suzuka by the shoe lockers and a couple of passing girls think he's a creepy stalker.
    She finally comes and they start walking home when a passing car sends the umbrella and Susuka's
    school bag flying and she runs to Yamato.
    Afterwards she reacts embarrased and walks off by herself.
    At the end Yamato tells Yasoboru that he just doesn't understand girls...
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12445
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by spoor356 3/8/2017, 3:48 pm

I am finally somewhat resuming the series I have been watching. I've already forgotten the three I chose to watch. I only remember two. I'll scroll back to check later.

In any case, after their duel against Takao, the crew have made it to the fortress city of Yokosuka, a city rebuilt at the new sea level on earth. So now Mikasa has become a submarine if anyone is curious.

Due to an intra-military and political rivalry within Japan between the Army and Navy (I wonder what that could be referring to), the crew are compelled to meet a military director at dinner in very Baron Febdash-esque fashion. This is prior to basically a blasted assault on the city. Anyway, glad to relax and watch this again and I am looking forward to watching episode 4.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18924
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 3/8/2017, 4:22 pm

The rivalry is famous. How could you not know as a historian especially about WWII where it's most prominent.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interservice_rivalry#Japan

Valvrave ep.5-6
    The show finally gets into character background story. I think this is the best part of the show. Will write a summary later on weekend.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 3/8/2017, 5:10 pm

I was just trying to be funny, I know that in the show it's specifically allegorical to the World War II Navy v. Army funding disputes, given that the show has several ships of the IJN as its antagonists. Though that wiki link is useful to have. Oh and I realized now going into episode 3 of Crest of the Stars how long the Gosroth arc is. Anyway, more later.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/10/2017, 2:16 pm

Wed. episode 6 of Akame Ga Kill this was a sad one as the first member of Night Raid to be killed is Sheele. Yeah, I realize that it's one of those animes where it's obvious that your favorite character will get killed off sooner or later. But why did the first one have to be our sweet loveable klutzy goofy
    Sheele?
    btw: I see from the Wiki that Tatsumi, Akemi and Mine are among the living at the end. Does anyone else from Night Raid survive or is it just those three?
    Also Seryu is gonna be in for a universe of hurt for what she and Koro did to poor Sheele!

Th. episode 8 of NOIR this I think is the first two parter in the series. In it Mirielle has to face a demon from her past after they finish a contract by killing a top mobster. Interesting to note
    how unhinged she becomes when she comes face to face with the psycho girl from her past.
    Also Kirika gets hit again,but not as seriously wounded as in the previous episode.

And as for tonight: series finale of X and after that the prequel OVA and then on to
    AD Police and Bubblegum Crisis. Very Happy
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 3/10/2017, 2:22 pm

The game's afoot!

Time for another shelling and duel between I-401 and the enemy. Can it be called a duel if it's a 2 v 1? Anyway, the stalling by the resident minister has resulted in the fortress being breached and a battle starting in the harbor. Time to be rather crafty considering these two Kongo-class Battleships have incredibly powerful Anti-Submarine Warfare suites. To be fair though, last episode, we saw that a Fog Atago-Class can completely submerge and sail in even shallow waters, so hey, this is still awesome.

I will not provide a complete battle synopsis, but I did enjoy watching the scenes again and the slight branching that the show will take after this.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/12/2017, 4:03 pm

If 2 are one and a half man, yes. lol

--------------------------------------

SPOILER WARNING!

Valvrave the Liberator
    summary ep.1-10
    Year 71 of the True Calendar (about 2000 years from now I think) mankind has split into 3 major blocks and some hundred smaller space nations.
    The solar system has been colonized to some degree and man have build small Dyson sphere at Lagrange points with artificial suns.
    [It appears humans build the spheres and then move them into place along with the population (saves transport round trips).]
    JIOR is a japanese centric block that is officially neutral. One day Dorssia forces infiltrate module 77 and start the invasion of JIOR.

They discover JIOR's secret mecha under the school and kill the egineers who manage to eject it to the surface. Witnessing his childhood/love interest Shoko apparently get killed, Haruto jumps into the mecha's cockpit. After agreeing to the machine's condition to discard his humanity he's able to control it and repell the enemy forces. The fight footage is transmitted via the solar system's network and gets the netizen's attention. However, the machine runs out of juice and JIOR is completely taken. After exiting Haruto is killed by L-Elf (L-11 german). Haruto awakens and bite L-Elf like a rabid animal. As a result he takes over L-Elf's body and take the mecha back.

The ARUS lunar orbit army arrives and drives the Dorsia forces from module 77 only. Their goal is to size the mecha (Valvrave). Senator Figaro promises to evacuate all the students. L-Elf offers Haruto his partnership in exchange for saving the students and his love interest. Haruto rejects. L-Elf maes a prediction of the outcome and that Haruto has no choice regardless. Dorssia forces disable the ARUS carrier. Figaro intends to escape without evacuating the students.

Shoko re-appears, having barely survived, and rallies the students for independence of module 77 by threatening both sides to turn over Valvrave to the other side should they attack. It works and the students enjoy their independence.

Rukino and Haruto discover more Valvrave types. Seeking fame Rukino activates her mecha. Dorssia have used the time to completely surround module 77 and attack. Haruto has no choice but ask for L-Elf's contract. Being saved by L-Elf the students start willingly follow L-Elf's management.

Revenge drives Inuzuka and "Thunder" who activate their mecha when an attack gives them the chance.

Module 77 moves to the neutral moon in order to negotiate and secure their independence. Therefor, the studentbody holds an election for their government and representatives, the prime minister.

[Seriously, the level of the show is lower than Gundam SEED not to mention the UC Gundam universe.]

--------------------------------------

Youjo Senki ep.9
    The Empire intends to draw in the French forces with a fake retreat in order to quickly end the war and avoid a world war. Tanya's battalion is tasked to cover it and then conduct a strike against the enemy's HQ. In order to do so they will be sent via V-1 rockets with 4 extra booster engines. CRAZY!

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/13/2017, 3:41 pm

Friday episode 24 of Xand so now only the prequel OVA episode O is left to watch.
    Overall I think the problem with the movie was that it tried too hard to present so much in so little space of time. That said it wasn't as bad as it's reputation. Though coming into the tv series I did have the movie in my mind. I especially loved the epilog to the series where we see Arashi visiting the
    monastery where Sorata grew up and meeting the abbot who raised him; and also the scene where
    Yuzuriha and Kusunagi are sitting at her favorite spot watching the waterfalls with Inuki. Very Happy
    I still think it was said that both Karen and Satsuki died. Though it was interesting that Aoki brought his wife and daughter to the former's grave.

Saturday episode 4 of Omamori Himari the gang with the exception of Lizlet head out to Noihara. There they meet the spirit who is the guardian of the house and who holds a grudge against Yuuto for some reason. While there Shizuku asks to look at the Amakawa family records.
    Yuuto begins to slowly remember but he and Himari are attacked. The rest of the gang back at the house are also attacked.
    During the battle Yuuto is wounded and Himari goes into berserk mode for the first time.
    Before she can kill her opponent Yuuto intervenes and manifests the power of the Amakawa clan for the first time...

Sunday episode 4 of Kiddy Grade On their latest mission Eclaire comes up against a female
    fighter who has been modified in the same way as herself. This proves a hassle and then the two of them have to team up when they find themselves ambushed by a group of battle droids.
    I guess you can't do much with a cube design since at the beginning when they showed the
    station it reminded me of a Borg cube! Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/15/2017, 1:29 pm

Monday watched Watchmen so no anime on Monday. Next Raw Anime Monday will be
    Silent Mobius. Cool

Tuesday saw episode 5 of Suzuka. Yamato's still not getting the message that Suzuka likes him.
    She meets with her sempai from Junior High to have him ask Yamato to join the track team but he thinks they're talking about going out together and gets jealous.
    But he's not the only one who is misreading things as when he tries to ask Honoka about confessing
    to someone she likes.
    That night there's a storm and Suzuka comes over because electrical storms have always scared her but her sister was always there to comfort her and she wants to be with Yamato so she won't be alone after the lights go off.
    They talk and then the lights come back on again and she's back to normal leaving Yamato to wonder about her again.

After the first five episodes I am finding it easy to identify more and more with Suzuka.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/15/2017, 6:10 pm

Mahou Tsukai no Yome
    Just found this new show. About a young girl learning to become a magician in a 19th century european setting. It looks nice and story wise is probably along the magic apprentice type with studio gibli like fantasies I guess.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/17/2017, 1:27 pm

Sounds like fun. I plan on ordering Pilot Candidate and the Girls Und Panzer
    OVA: This Is The Real Anzio Battle this Monday.

Wed. saw episode 7 of Akame Ga Kill. Esdeath sets a trap for Night Raid by having her Beasts attack government ministers who favor the revolution and pretend Night Raid did it.
    Part of the trap was her acting as a bait but Leone doesn't fall for it.
    Bulat and Tatsumi are set off to protect one target while Akame and another member of Night Raid
    are set in the opposite direction.
    The Beasts attack the yacht that Bulat and Tatsumi have inflitrated only to find out that
    Bulat's former commander is one of them!

Cool scene: Esdeath licking her ice cream cone while waiting to be attacked.
    Yeah...cannot wait for her and Akame to have their little dual!

Th. episode 9 of NOIR. Kirika tries to overcome her injury from part 1 while
    Mirielle contends with the demon from her past. Later Mirielle meets with her and the two agree on a meeting where the other girl will hand over the letter to Mirielle.
    Of course it's another trap for NOIR.
    While Mirielle makes her way to the meeting place Kirika is busy picking off the mafia snipers.
    Mirielle finally arrives and they do battle. Mirielle is stabbed but it does nothing as she apparently was prepared. OTOH the blade breaks and she manages to stab her opponent.
    As her opponent lies dying she hands the letter over to her.

Cool scene: Kirika bungee jumping from the top of the staircase to take down the one assassin.

Sooo...Les Soldats and by extension NOIR appear to have been around for centuries longer than the Mob.
    and next week Chloe finally!
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/17/2017, 2:21 pm

Yep, then again it's not like the families have been around very long. Your family line coming to the new world could be longer, too.

An example of swithcing between 3D and ordinary animation :

@0:58 , @1:35 or ep.9 for example.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 3/17/2017, 2:31 pm

Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Episode 5 "Not Human"

The plot thickens as one of the captains and her companion are now residing with a tiny child by the name of Mackie. Spoiler alert, it turns out she is a genius and this residency has a lot more story behind it than just being a place where cute women and a young girl reside.

In any case, this is an episode where the pace slows somewhat as we follow the machinations of Haruna, AKA "Haru-Haru", and Kirishima, who has become a teddy bear named Youtaro. In any case, toward the end of the episode after a bath and forcing Haruna to don various dresses, the two battleships discover Mackie's father and learn of who invented the weapon that may finally kill off the fog.

As this information is being told, the Japanese Army plan to raid to capture or kill Mackie before Haruna and Kirishima get the information themselves. The next episode appears to be one where the two will attempt to escape, perhaps leaving Mackie to her fate.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/18/2017, 7:15 pm

Valvrave the Liberator
    summary ep.11 & 12
    My watching progressed sped up out of curiosity for the character stories & glimpses of the future but it seems they are quite spares.
    Shoko's father, JIOR's prime minister is put on trial by Dorsia for claiming false neutrality while developing Valvraves in secret. This is just a move to force Shoko to give in to their demands. While negotiating we see L-Elf making himself ready to eliminate Shoko as soon as he sees a hint of her giving in.
    Haruto promised to rescue him but unknowingly annihilates the ship he father was on. Shoko forbids L-Elf from revealing that fact to Haruto.

Using the battle as distraction Dorssia elite forces breached the bottom with automated drill which release nerve gasses while making their way topside. L-Elf tries to stop Cain but is easily defeated. Cain proceeds to take the inactive Valvrave No. 3 or 6. L-Elf realizes Cain is not human.

coming soon
    Seirei no Moribito, live action
    season 2 ep.8
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/20/2017, 1:53 pm

X OVA on Friday. Mainly a recap of the series as seen through the eyes of the Dreamseer for the Dragons of Earth but with some additional scenes to help foster his background up a little bit.

Saturday episode 5 of Omamori Himari. After the battle Himari gets pissed because Shizuku is
    healing Yuuto in too suggestive a manner. Later Shizuku tells Rinko and Yuuto about how the head of
    the Ayakawa family had to kill Himari's ancestor when she went berserk because the blood lust overcame her. Yuuto vows that will not happen to Himari.
    He and Himari take a walk before returning to the city and he tells her he's begun to remember, including the first time she appeared to him as a girl at the lake when she kissed him.
    Himari tells him that it wasn't her because "the first time I came to you in the guise of a human girl was when I met you and Rinko that day before school."
    Later in the week Shizuku is trying to help Yuuto train and has Rinko and Lizlet help her.
    The training is supposed to help his composure but the girls get carried away only to have
    a rather really pissed off Himari show up.
    For the next few days she punishes Yuuto by remaining in her catgirl form.
    Laughing Laughing Laughing (allergies!)
    After school one night they are walking home when they encounter a mysterious grey haired girl
    named Kaesgu...

Sunday episode 5 of Kiddy Grade this has the ironic title of Day Off since it turns out to be not for either Eclaire or Lumiere.
    Eclaire goes out to dinner with a friend who not knowing her powers gives her lipstick. When she's
    asked to dance by a lothario she winds up knocking him into an area where two mob families are
    trying to make a treaty.
    Chaos results and they are captured.
    Eclaire is then forced to temporarily work for one of the families.
    Meanwhile on her way to see La Traviata Lumiere is kidnapped by the other mob family.
    She wakes up to find herself along with other kidnapped children who are in the process of being
    transported off planet.
    Using her powers she releases herself and hacks into the central computer.
    Meanwhile Eclaire is part of an attack force that is concentrated on the freighter that Lumiere is on.
    The two eventually contact and working together they bring both families down(not bad for a day off! Laughing Laughing Laughing )

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/21/2017, 6:12 pm

season 2 ep.8
    Well, not much is happening in this episode. Balsa trains herself while healing up, goes to the islands in search of Chagum. She beats up them all up but Chagum is nowhere to be found. He's back in the Talsh Empire and under Raul's control. She and Higo unit. Senna isn't happy but has no choice.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/22/2017, 1:29 pm

Monday re-watched the raw of Silent Mobius episode that introduced Grospoliner.
    Man I really miss Techtv and their Anime Unleashed block! Good Times! Cool
    Any way after being injured in a fight and put into a coma Katsumi dreams of her father. Then she hears a voice calling to her and gets up to everyone's surprise.
    She pretty much puts everyone out of commission so they can't follow her (which they do after they
    recover)and goes to where the voice has been calling her to come.
    It tells her that it's her inheritance from Gigulf, her father and to take it she has to make a blood pact with it.
    She does just in time since the Lucifer Hawk that put her in the coma returns!
    Grsopoliner then gives Katsumi a quickie primer on how to use him and she uses him to defeat the
    Lucifer Hawk just as the other AMP members arrive.
    Having used too much energy she goes back into a coma, but wakes up in the infirmary when Roy
    makes his visit.
    Meanwhile at AMP HQ Rally has a talk with an 'old friend'...

Tuesday episode 6 of Suzuka Yamato wants to take Suzuka out after he gets free tickets to an amusement park for subscriping to the newspaper,but can't get the courage up to ask her out.
    Later as he gets home from school he finds Saotome and Megumi on the steps. Saotome wants to party (as per normal) and they wind up in his room again. She sees the tickets and starts to tease him, unfortunately Goro's in the room too and thinks they're cat toys and immediately shreds them up!
    So Yamato's depressed. However as he sits on the stairs Suzuka comes down on the way to the store and tells him she got two free tickets and invites him to go with her.
    And then the next day turns out to be a rainy one so Suzuka's not in a good mood and only wants to try the one ride and go home.
    But afterwards her mood is lifted and they stay until the weather improves.
    During the night parade Yamato decides to confess to Suzuka but she tells him they haven't
    known each other that long.
    This time both of them are depressed when they get home. Yasoboru is in Yamato's room when he gets home and so he tells him about the date.
    Yasoboru then gives him a pack of tissues he got at the train station telling him he needs them more.
    Meanwhile Suzuka sits with her hands on her knees depressedly watching the tv...

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/24/2017, 1:21 pm

Wed. episode 8 of Akame Ga Kill the battle between Bulat and General Liver...seriously?!
    where do they come up with these names?
    Any way it's pretty even match with both not holding back even though they were one time
    comrades.
    It winds up with both exhausting their Imperial Arms and going for broke hand to hand.
    But before he does Liver pumps himself with a fluid.
    at first it looks like Bulat finally has the best of him, but it turns out that Liver can use his blood as a weapon ala Inuyasha.Wants more after he falls to the ground he starts to tell Bulat the reason why
    he joined Esdeath. However it's nothing more than a delaying action as the blood was actually filled with a fatal poison and Bulat was hit by it so he's now dying.
    As he does he wills his Imperial Arms: Inscurio to Tatsumi who then uses it to defeat the last remaining Beast with a single punch!

Next week it looks like Esdeath and Tatsumi finally meet.
    Oh and at the end of this week's episode we finally get to see Kogume.

TheAgakill minisode was a parody on the Momotaro story in which Estaro and the Three Beasts go looking for a hidden treasure that Night Raid has. It turns out to be a box of
    Sheele's glasses! lol!

Th. episode 10 of NOIR Mirielle and Kirika discover that there's someone else moving into their territory as they find their next target already dead. In a flashback we see Chloe and Altena together as Altena tells her that she always prays for her success and safe return to her.
    Then Chloe is shown talking to the next target and warning him that NOIR is going to kill him.
    He then sets a trap so that when Mirielle and Kirika arrive to finish the job they find themselves
    surrounded.
    They go take carry of the guards while Chloe uses them as a distraction to kill the target.
    She reminds him that she told him he would die by the ends of NOIR and then adds:
    "I am NOIR!"
    Later when Mirielle and Kirika find what she did she introduces herself and again adds:
    "I am the true NOIR!"

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/26/2017, 3:36 pm

Gundam Thunderbolt ep.5
    I thought it ended but it seems to continue.
    The war rages on now at A Baoa Qu, the Zeon asteroid base. EFSF infiltrates the base. The EFSF mechs have multiple shields on extra arms and dual barrel rifles...
    War also rages on Earth. Fleming now mans the Atlas Gundam...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/27/2017, 4:40 pm

Note: I was going to change my avvie to the Major since the live action GITS movie comes out on Friday, but I decided to change it to everyone's favorite Borg Drone instead. Laughing

Friday episode 1 of AD Police : After Paul, Kenji's original partner is seriously injured during
    a battle with the latest Boomer, Kenji is given time off. The rest of the team goes to finish the job.
    Meanwhile Kenji ends up at Paul's favorite bar in order in remember him. At the bar he meets a loudmouth who claims to be celebrating his birthday and wants Kenji to join in. Kenji refuses and when the loud mouth continues they get into a fight.
    The next day at work there is a new face.
    Kenji's told that the new guy got into a fight with some punk the night before and introduces him to his new partner Hans: who turns out to be the loud mouth from the previous night! Razz Rolling Eyes

Saturday episode 6 of Omamori Himari Himari and Kaesu do a brief battle but the latter seems to have the upper hand. She uses her spell to distract Himari while she gets a kiss from Yuuto.
    He now remembers her as the girl from his memory.
    They part with Kaesu still taunting Himari.
    Himari feels moody because Kaesu kissed Yuuto not once but three times now and she wants to know how it feels.
    Meanwhile Shizuku is following Kaesu around. Kaesu is talking to her mom on the phone and at the same time blushing off various demon attacks.
    She arrives where Shizuku is waiting on top of an abandoned building and they fight while taunting each other.
    Back at the house Himari finally decides she needs to kiss Yuuto and begs him to. He finally relents when the doorbell rings but instead of on the cheek he ends up kissing her on the mouth.
    This elates her and she goes into full on catgirl mode acting all kittenish. Her mood continues when
    Rinko comes with the groceries and she tells her about it..

Sunday episode 6 of Kiddy Grade After an important document is stolen the GOTT sets a trap
    for the pirates but sending two of it's male ES agents along with GOTT reps. one of which is named "Miss Montague". Unknown to the other woman "Miss Montague" is actually another ES Agent who
    works with her partner as a recepetionist at GOTT as part of their cover. After various miscues,
    "Miss Montague" manages to discover that the 'pirates' are actually a corrupt fraction of the police.
    Of course "Miss Montague" turns out to be our beloved Eclaire! Very Happy

Funniest moment: when the supervisor tells Eclaire at the end that she shouldn't act so rashly
    but a girl like her should behave more elegantly...there's a shot of Lumiere suppressing a giggle.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/29/2017, 1:37 pm

Pilot Candidate and GUP:This is the Real Anzio Battle OVA finally came today. Very Happy
    I plan on watching the latter when I do my dub re-watch of GUP right after the Anzio Battle
    ep.
    So April will be finally K-ON.

Monday I re-watched episode 5 of Rahxephon. Megumi not too happy with Ayato moving in with them.
    The scene at the store with her teaching him how to properly drink the pop was a fun one since it
    helped to break the ice; even though she's still not at this point cool with having him around.

Tuesday episode 7 of Suzuka and Yamato is still depressed about what happened on their date.
    Later Saotome and Megumi show up and want to party (again...don't they but especially Saotome
    ever study? I mean they're supposed to be in college!)
    Saotome tries to buck up Yamato's spirits by telling him about the guy she lost.
    This has the added affect and he yells: "I LOVE SUZUKA!"...much to her chagrin.
    Later after trying to apologize to Suzuka, Yamato takes a drastic course and decides to join the
    Track Club.

Interesting note: I think this is the first time that Yamato actually calls Saotome by her first name of Yuka. Could be wrong but most of the time he calls her Saotome while he calls Megumi by her first name.

Honoka isn't too thrilled with him joining because she wants more time with Yamato,although that's not the reason she gives to him.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/29/2017, 7:33 pm

season 2 ep.9
    Chagum having befriended a slave he's able to escape with her help. He meets Shihana and convinces her to help him. She lead Chagum to meet Ihan to form an alliance. Shuga is back in the New Yugo Kingdom and tries to get the court's help via stargazing
    While Shihana escorts Chagum they are ambushed. The shamans' village has been raided and Sfal is killed. Balsa appears and saves them. Shihana returns and they ride home (into the sun).
    THE END (for now)
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/31/2017, 1:21 pm

Wed. episode 9 of Akame Ga Kill Boss leaves to recruit new members for Night Raid after the deaths of Sheele and Bulan leaving Akame in charge. At the same time Esdeath forms her anti-Night Raid (in more ways than one) Squad: the Jaegers.
    Among them is Wave a rather naive country boy much like Tatsumi at the beginning. Two others are
    Seryu and Kogume. Yeah really hope Wave doesn't turn out to be a two face psychopath like Seryu.
    As I really like the guy.
    Any way because they have Sheele's scissors and don't want to have it go to waste they decide on a martial arts tournament in order to recruit a new member.
    Tatsumi is egged on to enter it,not knowing it's purpose because if he wins he'll get extra cash for his village.
    He does just that but instead of a monetary reward he finds himself chained and dragged off by
    Esdeath who is now madly in love with him...Uh!Oh! Evil or Very Mad
    Actually if you think of it this works out since Night Raid really could use an inside man to spy on
    the Jaegers.

Th. episode 11 of NOIR After confronting Chloe Kirika and Mirielle go home to think things through.They get a message from a Les Soldats member and find he has mailed them another copy of the same mystery page. Going to where he has set up a rendezvous he tells them they are still under sanction but he will tell them the location of the book if they show up later that night.
    But when they do they discover it to be an ambush instead and retreat.
    Back at the apartment Chloe knocks on the door and Kirika invites her in for tea.
    Then comes a really surreal moment as the three of them sit around talking.
    When Chloe leaves she reveals she knew Kirika had the fruit fork up her sleeve the whole time.
    When she disappears down the street Kirika and Mirielle agree that their contact is dead.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/1/2017, 6:32 pm

Youjo Senki ep 10-12
    So the Empire's scheme to lure the Republic in was successful and Tanya's battalion annihilated their HQ. Then the Empire blew up the enemy troops via underground explosive caches.
    The republic rereats via Brest and Marsaille. Gen. De Lugo rally his troops to fight the Empire again from North Africa (Lybia).
    Here we see another WWI & WWII mix: the Empire has Panzer IV!!; Brest is a reference to the Dunkirk evacuation; and De Lugo is obviously De Gaulle just rearranged engrish.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/3/2017, 1:46 pm

Friday episode 2 of AD Police Kenji is still pissed at Hans and gives him a not quite welcoming
    tour of the station. Later they are sent out on an assignment that Hans almost causes to go
    wrong when he targets the Boomer's head and not its core.
    Hans has his medical exam later on and starts hitting on the nurse; meanwhile Kenji discovers that because of the insurance Paul is to be taken to another hospital.
    He follows and good thing too as the Boomer in the ambulance goes awry.
    Hans gets the nurse to go out with him and as they are driving they meet up with the ambulance.
    Kenji asks how long a person can live without life support and then struggles to free Paul.
    The nurse takes the wheel as Hans helps Kenji.
    Later at the bar Hans finds Kenji and they start to become friendlier..

Saturday episode 7 of Omamori Himari the gang is talking about the current situation between
    Yuuto and Kuesu and Shizuku and Lizlet are shocked to hear she's his betrothed.They're even more shocked when they look up the meaning of betrothed on Shizuku's computer.
    Himari and Kuesu have it out with Himari reminding Kuesu that she never liked her.
    Kuesu uses a spell that brings out Himari's demon nature, but she keeps hearing Yuuto's voice and
    so backs off from going full demon cat on Kuseu.
    At the house the others are wondering why Himari is taking so long to get home.
    But when she does come back through the bedroom window she is exhausted from her fight and flight..

Sunday episode 7 of Kiddy Grade. Eclaire and Lumiere are given the task of conducting the heir of the richest family to where he will take his place as the new head of the corporation his family runs. The only problem is the Noblesse do not want him to take over since his mother was a mere commoner.
    Despite problems including the interference of members of Management ES they make it to the planet on time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 4:38 pm