Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

Hello new so hello

Cloudji
    1st class crewman
    1st class crewman

Number of posts : 24
    Imperial Credits : 7767
    Registration date : 2013-09-27

Hello new so hello Empty Hello new so hello

Post by Cloudji 9/27/2013, 3:05 am

(PLZ read 3rd post down to see important info about me, to understand my writing)

Hello not sure if this is right place to say hello, I am new and if not I am sorry.

A couple things I wanna get off my chest, since 2008 I been a fan for crest/banner.

However, Ive never been able to find any group that was active that was also a fan.

As well I cant seem to find novel 4 that is in english.

This forums is like on the 10th page back in google search.

Also it seems I came late to this, look at the date and it seem that activity drop off in 2012 here.

why is one of the best series in history and no one seems to care about it.

Why is best series not getting it novel translated to english.

SOrry for all my ranting and such. Just it been year and years now. feeling all alone and I hate it.

Also novel V came out, and knowing 4 not even been translated yet, I will never get to read 4 or 5 and that makes me feel even more alone and sad.

I swear this series cause me more frustration then all other series combine.

Ive cired over this before( I know sound EMO) but it just drives me nutzs.

kekeke I said sorry for the ranting and then I went on another rant, really sorry I try to stop now.

Well hello everyone, hope we all get along.

Last edited by Cloudji on 9/27/2013, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18926
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Hello new so hello Empty Re: Hello new so hello

Post by Almael 9/27/2013, 1:45 pm

Welcome to the Forum!

It's fine here.
    Well, KOTS is currently the only western fan forum left that's active.
    Before Abhnation.com there were two other instances, since AN went down this is technically the 4th & 6th one. We did temporary move to a 5th one, but it's gone since yesterday.

Yes, you came late so it's depressing for all of us being in the minority. It's nearly 20 years old now!!! Look out for possible collectors editions.
    This happens to all shows, though, and the existing follow-ship separates it from the worthless ones. Twisted Evil

To come up to speed with us read this
    http://kinofthestars.heavenforum.org/t192-finally-new-news

Cloudji wrote:

Also novel V came out, and knowing 4 not even been translated yet, I will never get to read 4 or 5 and that makes me feel even more alone and sad.
    Everyone who ever watch the series likes it, there has been no exception yet.
    There are greater shows generating a more mixed opinion. Many anime fans these days are young and care more about Naruto & co. Something like Seikai won't be on their radar. It's partly mental Imho (not in a bad manner, but developmental).

Imho Tokyopop got scared by the difficulty after doing the Crest novel.

Translation of SnS4 has been finished over a year ago or longer. You should be able to find it in several languages. SnS1 to 3 will be done soon....(soon like in years Laughing) ...seriously they will be done more soonish. SnS5 will be translated
    eventually. And then there are the future novels for the 2nd arc; the Danshou books.

Go here:
    http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Seikai_no_Senki
    http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1695&sid=518b026201770f1160cef1d8499cd3a8&start=60
    Give us support as much as you can even if it's just coming by to take a look.
    I may not be around most of the time, though.

Since you are a new and seemingly dedicated one, I'm not holding back in recruiting you.Twisted Evil 

So please stay with us, stay active, help out and things will look a lot brighter.
    The translation project has progress quite far but there's still mountains to overcome before it's finished. It's not like I spend all the time on it either. I got a life and a lot of other projects, too. So I can use anyone willing to work off a part of it. Dedication and commitment for longer periods of time is needed here.

Also there is a need for a another wiki editor. Depending on you computer skillz there are two to take care off. The regular public version and the protected backup. Let me know your preferences.
    Cloudji
    1st class crewman
    1st class crewman

Post by Cloudji 9/27/2013, 2:22 pm

Not even sure if anyone will see this, since I am putting it in such a weird place, but here goes.

I usually tell people English is my second langues, because it easier to explain. Then to explain the truth. (also now it just sounds like a accent, so must believe when I say second langues, since I sound like a foreigner.)

Since as you can tell already, my grammar is crap.

Well here the truth(saying the truth since I am aiming to be part of this group for a  while)(still I keep to the main details and leave out what does not need to be known)
    The truth is before I was born I had a stroke. Which cause me to not speak until I was 5 years old. Then I was 14 before I got to the point that people could truly understand me. Because of this at a younger age I was auto thought as a retard and toss into a  special ed class. yes in some places's the special ed class is made where it help the kids and lets them advance and get out of it after a while.

I was from a poor district so not here, it was where they toss all the problem kids, and then forget about.

I taught myself math and every single other subject on my own. Because no one else would. In 6th grade I final force people to see I was good enough in math to be in regular math class's. By 7th grade I was in advance math (algebra 1), and in normal class's all around. But English, since it was almost impossible for me to be taught it and learn it properly. Because I could not speak the words right at all(I have to memorized every single English word and every single grammar rule, example are and or I dont see any difference, I just gotta remember. The same with then and than. It goes for every single grammar rule and every single word. Everything about English I have to memorize, because of the way I speak I cant sound things out are anything like normal people.). Weirdly enough I had a college reading understanding lvl in the 7th grade when I was testing on reading. Just could not do grammar at all, and then in 9th grade I was in normal English class. Was hard for me and was slowly learning bit by bit.
    However, then I became sick. To find out it was  a genetic liver problem. I had to drop out of high school and was 21 before I started to recover.

23 now and still not strong enough to work any length or do anything at any length.
    However, once I get better. I am planing on going to a 2 year college and taking all the lower lvl English class's I need, among any other to catch up to college lvl and then switch to a university. I tried doing 2 year college last semester, but after 2 weeks. My body broke down and could not move for days and was a month before I recover enough to do any activity requiring long bouts of work.. So had to drop out, I will of course try again once it been approve.

Last edited by Cloudji on 9/27/2013, 2:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Cloudji
    1st class crewman
    1st class crewman

Post by Cloudji 9/27/2013, 2:23 pm

[quote="Cloudji"]
    Almael wrote:Welcome to the Forum!

It's fine here.
    Well, KOTS is currently the only western fan forum left that's active.
    Before Abhnation.com there were two other instances, since AN went down this is technically the 4th & 6th one. We did temporary move to a 5th one, but it's gone since yesterday.

Yes, you came late so it's depressing for all of us being in the minority. It's nearly 20 years old now!!! Look out for possible collectors editions.
    This happens to all shows, though, and the existing follow-ship separates it from the worthless ones. Twisted Evil

To come up to speed with us read this
    http://kinofthestars.heavenforum.org/t192-finally-new-news

Cloudji wrote:

Everyone who ever watch the series likes it, there has been no exception yet.
    There are greater shows generating a more mixed opinion. Many anime fans these days are young and care more about Naruto & co. Something like Seikai won't be on their radar. It's partly mental Imho (not in a bad manner, but developmental).

Imho Tokyopop got scared by the difficulty after doing the Crest novel.

Translation of SnS4 has been finished over a year ago or longer. You should be able to find it in several languages. SnS1 to 3 will be done soon....(soon like in years Laughing) ...seriously they will be done more soonish. SnS5 will be translated
    eventually. And then there are the future novels for the 2nd arc; the Danshou books.

Go here:

Give us support as much as you can even if it's just coming by to take a look.
    I may not be around most of the time, though.

Since you are a new and seemingly dedicated one, I'm not holding back in recruiting you.Twisted Evil 

So please stay with us, stay active, help out and things will look a lot brighter.
    The translation project has progress quite far but there's still mountains to overcome before it's finished. It's not like I spend all the time on it either. I got a life and a lot of other projects, too. So I can use anyone willing to work off a part of it. Dedication and commitment for longer periods of time is needed here.

Also there is a need for a another wiki editor. Depending on you computer skillz there are two to take care off. The regular public version and the protected backup. Let me know your preferences.
    Thanks and no I check ebay, amazon, and even check Worldcat which is a database for almsot every single library in the world. Which had vol 4, but it was not in english language.
    So if you see any book 4 in english plz tell me.

Second sorry I got no clue about any of what ya talk about with wiki and translating.
    However, I can learn if you send me some basic info on it.

After all I would love to help anyway that I can.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18926
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 9/27/2013, 3:53 pm

Thank you for the insights. Your secrets are safer here than anywhere else. You can delete it all whenever you feel like it. No problem.

Well, I'm kind of on the opposite, but we do have similarities regarding self teaching things. I'm no language guy (no talent) but I know 4 languages in writing and conversation, plus others like japanese, korean etc. I need to learn spanish, portugese, afrikaan, and i'm good.
    From my point of view I think you (as in general) learn best by reading books rather than memorizing dictionaries and grammar. It's also good training for your brain and keep you bright in old age. That's my theory. Of course everyone is different so it may not work for you.

Cloudji wrote:
    So if you see any book 4 in english plz tell me.

Second sorry I got no clue about any of what ya talk about with wiki and translating.

However, I can learn if you send me some basic info on it.
    After all I would love to help anyway that I can.
    Check the links I provided and get your xmas presents. Very Happy

Well, I think translating and dealing with Baronh might be too troublesome for you.

So what's left is the wiki if you want:
    http://seikai.wikia.com/
    This is the public wiki everyone can edit. It's a fan library on the Seikai world.
    It's like wikipedia if you know what that is.
    We create articles on topics, and make correction or provide new information.
    It's open to everyone so it suffers from vandalism, random edits, sometimes random fanfic that don't belong there.

http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/
    This is the backup, where I want to keep things safe from vandalism and information that are canon, fan-created analysis & insights are fine, but no fanfic.

Editing a wiki is like creating a webpage except you only deal with the text and the wiki-specific formatting & features; mostly using templates that provide certain displaying features. Templates are used like html tags but are work like a set of formatting features. It's not difficult but you can easily run into complicated cascading levels when dealing with tables. Most of the templates we use are made to be used simple, but complicated combinations are possible.
    Wikipedia.org and wikimedia.org has a good database to look up on how to do things.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 10:24 pm