Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

4 posters

When Did Lafiel Find Out Plakia Was Her Mother?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4168
    Imperial Credits : 17782
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

When Did Lafiel Find Out Plakia Was Her Mother? Empty When Did Lafiel Find Out Plakia Was Her Mother?

Post by mitsuki lover 4/27/2010, 11:18 am

So when exactly was it that Lafiel learned that Plakia was her mother?
    The other question was who or how did she learn it? When Did Lafiel Find Out Plakia Was Her Mother? Icon_scratch
    tanis1lionheart
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 11552
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

When Did Lafiel Find Out Plakia Was Her Mother? Empty Re: When Did Lafiel Find Out Plakia Was Her Mother?

Post by tanis1lionheart 4/27/2010, 12:09 pm

I think its implied that her father told her, or somehow let her know her captain was, her mother.

I actually don't recall the specific scene.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

When Did Lafiel Find Out Plakia Was Her Mother? Empty Re: When Did Lafiel Find Out Plakia Was Her Mother?

Post by mitsuki lover 4/28/2010, 12:14 pm

It must be in the novels because I don't recall any such thing in either the manga or anime.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18924
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 4/28/2010, 2:24 pm

I'm not sure from where i got the knowledge since i read/watched them all. Laughing But I think it was said for sure.
    In Lafiel's word it became obvious to her (after some time).

This is normal when a kid is smart. It automatically analyses the information about it's surrounding and gets the answers by itself. So I guess after crying a lot over her father's answer, and growing up maybe a year, she started to notice details. So it became clear to her after a bit of thinking that her mother had to be Plakia. Since Plakia was not of nobility by birth nor was she a childhood friend. Her reason for her frequent visits had to be one of a relationship. Lafiel probably got confirmation over other little things.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/4/2010, 12:27 pm

Could be.All I know is that when Jinto and Lafiel arrive to give the warning of the
    UMK invasion Lafiel uses some rather strong wording about what the UMK is saying about Plakia ending with something like:"They can't say that about my
    mother!"
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 12582
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv 5/4/2010, 1:11 pm

Well the English dub I remember her saying "That's a lie!" but get didn't say directly it was her mother.
    Jinto mentioned the captain would be fine. Earlier on I think Lafiel said the people on the ship were dear to her.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 5/6/2010, 7:23 am

The dub is not trustworthy, although, I admit some parts are literaly better than the sub(but less accurate), which is rare in general.
    Anyway, she said she now knows who it is in the anime, while we see a glimse of Plakia.
    In the manga the hints are more clear, but I don't remember precisely.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/7/2010, 11:49 am

It's even more interesting when you consider that Plakia didn't even want Lafiel to know she was her mother.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 5/7/2010, 3:06 pm

I wouldn't she didn't want but maybe because she is not a guardian in Abh society. And it maybe some kind of etiquette, too. Although, I doubt that.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/14/2010, 1:51 pm

In the OVA it pretty much states that one of them didn't want Lafiel to know because it had something to do with her developing her personality as she grew.Some how it was supposed to make her a stronger person.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content